Posted August 26, 2014
My daughter left this school last week to begin Kindergarten in public school. My daughter spent two years at MELC, and we could not be more pleased with the results and with the staff. Our daughter is a year early going to kindergarten, but she already reads and has "regular" conversations (no toddler talk). She counts out loud and does basic addition and subtraction. She sings and dances thru our house, mimicking and practicing the work done at MELC. Our home is filled with crafts that were all done at MELC. The staff at MELC are all great, and I believe they truly care about us. I strongly recommend MELC to anyone who wants their child to be at a safe place where the child can learn academically and learn to interact with other children and adults.

Posted July 20, 2014
I am the owner and facilitator of Rhythmic Memory LLC, in which I bring group drumming sessions for health & wellness, self-expression, and team-building to schools, churches, seniors, support groups, and other venues. The Montessori Early Learning Center and School of the Arts recently had me bring this opportunity to their students. I was immediately struck by the polite and respectful behavior of the students as they entered the building -which also continued throughout our hour together. I was also impressed by their confidence, as they readily jumped into starting our group out with their own beat for us to join them in when I asked for volunteers. This eagerness was also present when I asked for volunteers - of all ages - to act as the facilitator of our drum circle from the center of the circle with cues they had learned during our session. It was obvious their learning was equipping them with such important life skills as respect for self and others, self-esteem, and an eagerness to learn. They were a JOY to work and play with, and I am looking forward to returning for another session with them!

Posted June 19, 2014
The Montessori experience has been great for our daughter and I seriously doubt that she would have done as well in a traditional school setting. We would whole-heartedly recommend the Montessori Early Learning Center to anyone and sing their praises. They have an outstanding program and a great staff that not only care about the education of the children, but also their overall well-being.

Posted June 02, 2014
My daughter attended MELC from 2 -8 years old. It was an amazing experience! Taylor learned a lot at a very young age. I am forever grateful to the MELC staff for the time and energy they put in to the educational growth and social maturity of my daughter Taylor. I grew as well. Taylor just completed her first year at Crayton Middle School! Her grades were exemplary! She is a year younger than her peers. She has been chosen to go to Africa next year with the School District. She demonstrates the team spirit that she learned at MELC. The one word I can use to describe MELC is Life Changing ! Trust the process, it works!!!!

Posted May 16, 2014
I'm so thankful we decided to put granddaughter at this Montessori School for many reasons. Kaiya just turned 4 and is in her 9th reading book. She's doing math, kiddie music,strategy class, just to name a few things . She even wants to do homework on the weekends.This method of learning is amazing. The teachers are so patient and loving with each child which is important. Thank you for all you do.

Posted April 29, 2014
Montessori Early Learning Center has provided both of our children with an amazing educational foundation. We feel confident that their curiosity and love of learning will continue throughout their lifetime. Our children have felt loved, respected and empowered in this environment. And my husband and I know they have been safe and nurtured, while being challenged to do their very best. We could not have designed a more perfect educational experience for them.

Posted March 14, 2013
So glad I found this school! My Daughter just turned 4 and has been attending since she was 2 1/2. She loves learning the Montessori way. Her teachers and staff are warm and caring. She is so independent, respectful, and confident thanks to the way they inspire the children to learn. My daughter is reading and doing addition and subtraction. She is passionate about learning. She also loves the playground and the friends she has made there to the point if we try to pick her up early in the summer she does not want to leave because she is having so much fun. I have nothing but positives to say about this school, I wish I could have attended this school.

Posted January 18, 2013
A wonderful school with wonderful staff & administration. I think that being in business since 1976 speaks volumes in itself.

Posted March 06, 2012
I am a 57 year old grandmother who has a grandson at MELC. If you are not familiar with the Montesorri theory of learning please do yourself a favor and research the subject. I wish that I had done so earlier because of the amazing progress that my grandson is making in all areas of personal and scholastic development. I love the independence that he displays as a result of being allowed to explore the environment of the classroom which is set up to intrigue and capture the interest of young exploring minds. MELC offers parent education classes so I understand how my grandson is learning. Ms. Ina is a fantastic educator and I feel confident that my grandson is receiving the best possible education under her professional expertise. Also, my grandchildren are my life. Everything that matters to me in this world evolves around their well-being. My grandson was at a previous daycare center and I had concerns about his care. Today, I go to work without worry as I am certain that Ms. Ina and all of the staff at MELC have my grandchild's best interest at heart. Do yourself a favor and take the MELC tour. See for yourself! The proof is in the pudding!

Posted March 05, 2012
Thank you to Mrs.Ina and the great faculty that follows the path of montessori's learning methodology. Both my kids (ages 6 and 4) are in in this school. Me and my wife are very happy looking at the steep learning curve of both our kids.

Montessori Early Learning Center
1101 Balsam Road, Columbia, SC  29210
Last modified Montessori Early Learning Center is a Private school
Montessori Early Learning Center Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 55 reviews.