Heathwood Hall Episcopal School 1

Posted November 29, 2014
This school is a joke. The students who go there act friendly, but when you actually go there for a few days, they either ignore you or be fake to your face and talk about you behind your back. (I got a number of students' opinions on this). I came to Heathwood during Freshman year, and have regretted it ever since. The education is not outstanding at all. I "Expect(ed) more" (HHES's logo), but I did not "get more". Very disappointed. The teachers are the only good thing about this school. A total waste of 16k.

Posted August 31, 2014
This is the best school in Columbia... PERIOD! My child is in 10th grade and has been here all along. Our children are diverse, inclusive, gifted, and achievers. I know many people in other private and public schools. There is no comparison. Heathwood is the best!

Heathwood Hall Episcopal School 3

Posted April 10, 2010
Senior year is a joke here. The students do very little work unless in AP Classes. Some of the teachers are very good and others shouldn't be there any longer because there are better teachers available. Parents do not have a lot of say in what happens at this school. Used to be better but has changed for the worse

Heathwood Hall Episcopal School 0

Posted November 01, 2009
My 12th grader has attended since 7th grade and had an excellent experience. The academics are quite challenging and a good fit for goal-oriented hard-working students. Sports and music programs are broad and well-supported. Teachers have been super. Some administrator and English teacher turnover in the middle-school has created problems for our younger child recently. I do recommend the school for it's college-prep programs and safe environment. My son was admitted to the college he wanted to go to on both an academic and arts scholarship.

Heathwood Hall Episcopal School 3

Posted July 13, 2009
I was so excited about my child going to Heathwood going in but feel that there needs to be alot more emphasis on learning and the basics versus play to learn. Also, there needs to be more of an outreach to enroll more minorities.

Heathwood Hall Episcopal School 2

Posted July 06, 2009
It focuses more on extra curricular activities and new options or students than academics and appearance. Not that it is not a bad thing for kids to have new choices, but school is a place for learning and a little play not play and a little learning.

Posted February 05, 2007

Posted July 06, 2005
I have enjoyed my children's year at Heathwood Hall. I believe that the children's education was pretty well rounded and that they had quality teachers. I would like to see more minorities represented in teacher/teacher aid positions that are well qualified. Overall, the school experience was wonderful!

Posted August 03, 2004
Great school for African American students!! First, H2 emphasizes educating the whole student including nuturing and growth potential, regardless of color, gender, religion, etc. In the public schools, they tend to emphasize color then the student. Often times this leads to an automatic failure of children left behind in schools. Second, what I most enjoyed about my experience is the variety and diversity of both students and parents. Both students and parents develop gifts to return to H2 without pressure of being the 'perfect person.' Third, my children attended both pubic schools in Irmo and H2. I can honestly say the commute from Irmo to H2 is well worth it. I saw my children develop and grow, not as African American students, but as students who are African American with talents and gifts to share with others!!

Heathwood Hall Episcopal School 4

Posted May 29, 2004

Heathwood Hall Episcopal School
3000 South Beltline Boulevard, Columbia, SC  29201
Last modified Heathwood Hall Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Heathwood Hall Episcopal School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top