PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Heathwood Hall Episcopal School 2

Posted January 05, 2016
The education wasn't worth the money. I really didn't care for my child's teacher or her second aide. The first aide was very helpful and kind. It was more of a burden than the blessing I hoped for. We are much happier now with homeschool. We don't have to worry about the "clicks" and favoritism.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted January 05, 2016
Pence is amazing and very helpful with admission and settling in. She made us feel welcomed from day one.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted January 05, 2016
I feel that a lot of them single out certain students. This is very obvious if you take a moment and observe.

Heathwood Hall Episcopal School 2

Posted October 05, 2015
We were not satisfied with the willingness of a teacher to help a student who needed extra help. The teacher never offered. The educators I know who work in public schools have always been available and offered additional help after school to students in need. Also, since changing schools, we have learned that the education offered is not competitive with the education offered at public schools in nearby areas. Unfortunately, we have had to hire a tutor to help our child catch up with the other students in her elementary class. The child will also receive intervention to increase math skills because they were not on grade level with the elementary students in the same grade. This new information has made me want to share, so other parents will consider other options. We feel like our hard-earned money was not well-spent for the education offered at HH. From information I've received from other parents, there are better choices for private school, such as Hammond or Timmerman.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 30, 2015
I am only responding in relation to my child's last year at the school. The teacher she had her first year was excellent.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 30, 2015
The homework was not challenging. The assignments selected were often tedious, too simple, and not challenging enough.

Heathwood Hall Episcopal School 1

Posted February 17, 2015
Extremely unsatisfied with a few teachers (their attitude towards learning) and the lack of education at this school. My son (who went to a public school before) has already learned everything he's been "taught" at Heathwood Hall this year. Unbelievable. Save yourselves the time and do not make the same mistake, I am pulling my son out of Heathwood this year.

Heathwood Hall Episcopal School 1

Posted November 29, 2014
This school is a joke. The students who go there act friendly, but when you actually go there for a few days, they either ignore you or be fake to your face and talk about you behind your back. (I got a number of students' opinions on this). I came to Heathwood during Freshman year, and have regretted it ever since. The education is not outstanding at all. I "Expect(ed) more" (HHES's logo), but I did not "get more". Very disappointed. The teachers are the only good thing about this school. A total waste of 16k.

Heathwood Hall Episcopal School 5

Posted August 31, 2014
This is the best school in Columbia... PERIOD! My child is in 10th grade and has been here all along. Our children are diverse, inclusive, gifted, and achievers. I know many people in other private and public schools. There is no comparison. Heathwood is the best!

Heathwood Hall Episcopal School 4

Posted May 06, 2011
I have two children that attend HHES. It is a challenging college-prep learning environment. I have had students in the lower school, middle school and now the upper school. Some of the high points are small learning environments, the PEAK outdoor education program, athletics, safe learning environment and academics. There are strengths and weaknesses within the academic program, there are a few teachers at each grade level; especially in the middle school that should not be teaching. Overall, I find that the curriculum is above average in comparison to the local public school options. There has been quite a bit of turn-over recently in the administration; but I believe that the ultimate goal is to find the best fit for HHES. Overall, as a parent I feel that my children are receiving an above average education, but overall HHES is training the whole child; including their character and spiritual development. My children are happy and love going to school everyday.

3000 South Beltline Boulevard, Columbia, SC  29201
Last modified Heathwood Hall Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Heathwood Hall Episcopal School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top