Posted August 31, 2014
Timmerman is an excellent school with very high standards. Our child has been there for 7 years and we couldn't be more pleased. He has two teachers, each with their masters degree. Public schools could never compare to the wonderful education our child is getting coupled with small class size and a principal that will sit down with you anytime you need

The Timmerman School 1

Posted August 23, 2014
Because this is a private school, " teachers" don't have to be accredited. It bothers me that private schools can have such " teachers". Summer staff is rude. You rarely see interaction. Every time I pick up my child the staff is sitting down.

Posted April 30, 2014
I was a student there from the 2004-2005 year up until the 2012-2013 year when I was in 4tb grade I say t was a good school but there were not many real teachers with degrees other than that and bulling in the 13-14 5th Graders which most left it was great

Posted July 26, 2013
My daughter currently attends Timmerman. The school is okay. 2013-2014 will be her second school year there. I find that you must stay on top of the staff if you want things done. That's not a positive. Hopefully this year will prove to be a great one!

Posted April 07, 2012
I attended Timmerman for three years and left the school in 1985. Since then I have completed college and am a teacher myself. When I first went to Timmerman they informed me that my reading level was far below par and that I would need to repeat the sixth grade. Even though this enraged me I soon learned to love this school and learning. The Timmermans know how to run a top notch school and I am sure that the teachers there today are as top notch as the ones entrusted with my education in the eighties. I owe my love of history to my eighth grade teacher and our trip to Washington D.C. and will always remember the collection of teachers that made every day at that school a wonderful experience. In three years ALL of my teachers helped me grow. I would recommend this school to anyone who is serious about their child s education. Once again thank you for helping lay the groundwork for me to become the man I am today! John Jay Farthing

The Timmerman School 4

Posted March 18, 2012
This is a very good school. They could get kids more involed , but over all very cool school. The aftercare harsh thoue givers can be very givers can be very harsh expecetaly the over all all aftercare worker. She yells at kids for very weird stuff, but over all the school is wonderful.

Posted June 24, 2011
Timmerman school provides an excellent family like enviornment both in the classroom and in the extracurricular activities. I would address the review below in saying that the Timmerman aftercare staff has always been helpful, loving, and responsible in the caring for my son and my daughter. My children have been in the aftercare program for several years. During that time, I have found that they have excellent discipline. I have yet to see children be "yelled" at as described. Our family even trusts many of the aftercare workers to come into our homes as babysitters, and they have always been wonderful to our kids. I have yet to meet a child in the program who does not love their aftercare teacher! I hate to see reviews that are unfounded. Do not let one "bad apple" alter your view of a fantastic school and program.

Posted May 22, 2011
While the education was great for our grand-daughter, we found the aftercare program poor. More than once I saw and heard small children being screamed at by the "teachers". They only quieted down once they saw me observing their behavior. Our grand-daughter started crying and begging not to go to school not because she disliked her teacher but because she could not stand the yelling by her aftercare giver. I could hear this woman all the way outside with the doors closed. All they did was sit in a dark room and watch videos. I arranged to pick her up after school until other arrangements could be made for day care.

Posted January 26, 2011
Timmerman school is a wonderful environment for children. The kindergarten programs are nurturing and my children have learned so much throughout. The principal is a loving person who truly cares for each student in her school. I have been impressed by all of the teachers in the school, elementary and middle - including some of the newer teachers. The middle school has a new science teacher as of last year who has developed a new curriculum and other programs. The new athletic director has revamped the sports programs and added more opportunity for children to compete. The arts and foreign language programs available are wonderful as well! Overall, I give this school a top rating in academics.

Posted May 19, 2010
We are completing our first year at Timmerman. I can not say enough positive things about this school. The teachers and staff are absolutely wonderful. They truly care about every student . They encourage and challenge each student to excel to their highest potential. The school continues to win multiple academic awards annually going up against larger private schools in the state. Their overall test scores are very impressive. The students are very polite, respectful and encourage one another. I only wish that the school went to the 12 grade. In response to one of the previous reviews, yes the school is old, however I believe quality of education is much more important then the appearance of the buildings. The academic program at this school is excellent. Timmerman by far has the best teachers, best adminstration and best students.

The Timmerman School