Columbia, SC

Posted August 13, 2015
When I was enrolling in Timmerman the school principal made you feel welcome. Now when they see you they walk by and don't speak at all. Not very friendly all the staff is family and money hungry. Parents don't have a say if there is a problem.

The Timmerman School
Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 13, 2015
The teacher are al family and I feel that if their is a real concern it is biased. A teacher slammed a door in my face and the principle did nothing.

Posted August 31, 2014
Timmerman is an excellent school with very high standards. Our child has been there for 7 years and we couldn't be more pleased. He has two teachers, each with their masters degree. Public schools could never compare to the wonderful education our child is getting coupled with small class size and a principal that will sit down with you anytime you need

The Timmerman School 1

Posted August 23, 2014
Because this is a private school, " teachers" don't have to be accredited. It bothers me that private schools can have such " teachers". Summer staff is rude. You rarely see interaction. Every time I pick up my child the staff is sitting down.

The Timmerman School 1

Posted August 20, 2014
The school needs some updating. The rooms are old looking and cramped, small. The mosquitos are horrible there and no one wants to take care of this. The kids come home with so many bug bites. Roaches outside- how many get in? They need to welcome 2014 and get a real accountant and not a "book keeper". Quicken books would do wonders! Check your accounts and lunches you ask for.... the playground equipment probably would not pass inspection. the water fountain outside has not worked in years. Needs a big make over!

Posted April 30, 2014
I was a student there from the 2004-2005 year up until the 2012-2013 year when I was in 4tb grade I say t was a good school but there were not many real teachers with degrees other than that and bulling in the 13-14 5th Graders which most left it was great

Posted July 26, 2013
My daughter currently attends Timmerman. The school is okay. 2013-2014 will be her second school year there. I find that you must stay on top of the staff if you want things done. That's not a positive. Hopefully this year will prove to be a great one!

Posted April 07, 2012
I attended Timmerman for three years and left the school in 1985. Since then I have completed college and am a teacher myself. When I first went to Timmerman they informed me that my reading level was far below par and that I would need to repeat the sixth grade. Even though this enraged me I soon learned to love this school and learning. The Timmermans know how to run a top notch school and I am sure that the teachers there today are as top notch as the ones entrusted with my education in the eighties. I owe my love of history to my eighth grade teacher and our trip to Washington D.C. and will always remember the collection of teachers that made every day at that school a wonderful experience. In three years ALL of my teachers helped me grow. I would recommend this school to anyone who is serious about their child s education. Once again thank you for helping lay the groundwork for me to become the man I am today! John Jay Farthing

The Timmerman School 4

Posted March 18, 2012
This is a very good school. They could get kids more involed , but over all very cool school. The aftercare harsh thoue givers can be very givers can be very harsh expecetaly the over all all aftercare worker. She yells at kids for very weird stuff, but over all the school is wonderful.

Posted June 24, 2011
Timmerman school provides an excellent family like enviornment both in the classroom and in the extracurricular activities. I would address the review below in saying that the Timmerman aftercare staff has always been helpful, loving, and responsible in the caring for my son and my daughter. My children have been in the aftercare program for several years. During that time, I have found that they have excellent discipline. I have yet to see children be "yelled" at as described. Our family even trusts many of the aftercare workers to come into our homes as babysitters, and they have always been wonderful to our kids. I have yet to meet a child in the program who does not love their aftercare teacher! I hate to see reviews that are unfounded. Do not let one "bad apple" alter your view of a fantastic school and program.

The Timmerman School