Columbia, SC

St John Neumann Catholic Elementary School 3

Posted August 31, 2015
SJN parents, has ur son been personally diagnosed by the principal as having ADHD? Last time I checked boys are more active and sometimes need more redirection but it depends on the child. I know the principal is not a Psychologist. She is intolerant of male children. So beware if she insists to put ur child on meds

Posted June 04, 2015
The SACS Accreditation team spent three days with us last week. Such things as academics, faculty, administration, school board, and family and student input were looked at. We came through with flying colors! Please come and evaluate for yourself how our children experience success. We are thrilled with our evaluation and will be glad to share it with you.

St John Neumann Catholic Elementary School 1

Posted May 08, 2015
Unfortunately, what you have heard is true. Just yesterday, a second teacher resigned! Teachers and students are leaving, and moving on to bigger and better places. Our family is one of SEVERAL families pulling out after this school year. You need to make your own decision, of course, but it looks to me that the exit is much larger than the entrance!

St John Neumann Catholic Elementary School 1

Posted November 15, 2014
I didn't realize great schools was moderated. Obviously nothing here is true, all the real opinions have been deleted.

Posted November 14, 2014
I have never seen a successful business just "happen" without solid leadership. This principal does have great expectations of the faculty, staff, parents, and students. Don't see this as a problem. If you set the bar low, you will only have mediocre results. Set the bar high, you can achieve greatness. The principal is very approachable and willing to find a way to make things work for all involved. We have never experienced an issue with our student (who is, incidentally, ADD) not being able to thrive. Communication with the faculty, staff, and principal have always been key. These people love the children here and want to see them succeed!

Posted November 14, 2014
As a teacher and parent, I can say that there is no other school I would send my children.

Posted November 12, 2014
Its sad when disgruntled employees choose to rant against an administration instead of looking in the mirror and having an "aha" moment. I do agree with everything said regarding teachers, parents and students. Every child exceeds their dreams and is loved and nurtured in the process. However, the Principal is amazing. It is never easy to be a leader but it is easy to criticize what you don't understand. Walk a mile in her shoes and I think there would be a different tune. She is 100% dedicated to her staff and is all about each child. She goes out of her way every day and frankly, it's the little things that most don't see that make the difference. As to the Pastor's passiveness...ha! That's funny. He knows better because HE knows better!!! Enough said...good gracious!

St John Neumann Catholic Elementary School 4

Posted November 05, 2014
I loved teaching at this school. The students, parents, and faculty made everyday worthwhile. The school's greatest strengths are its many fantastic teachers and its delightful student body. However, the principal and parish priest may be the school s downfall. The principal is unfriendly, uninformed, and attempts to bully those teachers who express their professional concerns. The parish priest is indifferent to the troubles the teachers face and willing to turn a blind-eye to the principal s abusive nature.

Posted August 12, 2014
This school is fabulous. Is it the best fit for everyone? No, but what school is! Everyone does what is best for the children. I don't understand the comments about the principal. She is one of the most caring, kind people we have ever experienced in a school. The school is the best that it is because of her. She will listen to all. It is when some parents don't get "their way" that they feel she does not "listen" and is a "dictator." I would not want it any other way. Who else knows what is best for the school. She hires some wonderful teachers and guides them to help each child. The teachers accomodate all children, challenging them to be the best they can be. If you want to experience a school like no other, come here.

Posted August 12, 2014
Sometimes, it is better for some unhappy people to move on! My children have been at this school for 7 years and we are VERY happy. The principal is like no other. She is helpful, kind, and always warm and friendly. Under her guidance, the teachers go out of their way to help all of the children. One of mine would be one of the children that has special needs, she has been diagnosed with ADHD. The principal developed a plan based on the recommendations sent from our doctor, and the teachers go out of their way to help her. This school is truly God blessed. We are so happy here and would NEVER consider going to another school. My only regret is that our oldest will be graduating soon. I wish this school would consider going through high school!

St John Neumann Catholic Elementary School
721 Polo Road, Columbia, SC  29223
Last modified St John Neumann Catholic Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
St John Neumann Catholic Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top