PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

It absolutely depends on the teacher. Many of the most sought-after teachers chose to leave. In fact, the only teacher I would want my child to have is a third-grade teacher who will retire this year.

At one time, our family loved this pre-K to sixth-grade school. However, the principal is a tyrant and not an instructional leader. Even sadder is that the priest ignores parents' concerns, despite these complaints being well documented. In spite of these conditions, the teachers attempt to make the school great and welcoming. Obviously, they care very much for their students and growing them as learners. For instance, the librarian fills her students will a love for reading. Many parents were hoping that 6th grade would be moved to the new Catholic middle school and high school just down the road. If it had been, maybe my children would not be attending public school now.

Develops character: Strongly agree

SJN helps instill a strong moral compass! My children will carry their lessons throughout their life - and THIS school, THESE teachers, THAT principle was the reason.

SJN parents, has ur son been personally diagnosed by the principal as having ADHD? Last time I checked boys are more active and sometimes need more redirection but it depends on the child. I know the principal is not a Psychologist. She is intolerant of male children. So beware if she insists to put ur child on meds

The SACS Accreditation team spent three days with us last week. Such things as academics, faculty, administration, school board, and family and student input were looked at. We came through with flying colors! Please come and evaluate for yourself how our children experience success. We are thrilled with our evaluation and will be glad to share it with you.

Unfortunately, what you have heard is true. Just yesterday, a second teacher resigned! Teachers and students are leaving, and moving on to bigger and better places. Our family is one of SEVERAL families pulling out after this school year. You need to make your own decision, of course, but it looks to me that the exit is much larger than the entrance!

I didn't realize great schools was moderated. Obviously nothing here is true, all the real opinions have been deleted.

I have never seen a successful business just "happen" without solid leadership. This principal does have great expectations of the faculty, staff, parents, and students. Don't see this as a problem. If you set the bar low, you will only have mediocre results. Set the bar high, you can achieve greatness. The principal is very approachable and willing to find a way to make things work for all involved. We have never experienced an issue with our student (who is, incidentally, ADD) not being able to thrive. Communication with the faculty, staff, and principal have always been key. These people love the children here and want to see them succeed!

As a teacher and parent, I can say that there is no other school I would send my children.

Its sad when disgruntled employees choose to rant against an administration instead of looking in the mirror and having an "aha" moment. I do agree with everything said regarding teachers, parents and students. Every child exceeds their dreams and is loved and nurtured in the process. However, the Principal is amazing. It is never easy to be a leader but it is easy to criticize what you don't understand. Walk a mile in her shoes and I think there would be a different tune. She is 100% dedicated to her staff and is all about each child. She goes out of her way every day and frankly, it's the little things that most don't see that make the difference. As to the Pastor's passiveness...ha! That's funny. He knows better because HE knows better!!! Enough said...good gracious!

Last modified St John Neumann Catholic Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6