Posted November 14, 2014
It is interesting to me how few people realize that the teachers, academic and spiritual program of a school can be so successful if the leadership is poor! I have taught in many schools over the years, and this principal is one of the most caring people for whom I have ever worked. A student who feels well prepared for the future and a former employee who can't see the forest for the trees don't seem to be reliable sources. I invite you to come see for yourself!

Posted November 14, 2014
I have never seen a successful business just "happen" without solid leadership. This principal does have great expectations of the faculty, staff, parents, and students. Don't see this as a problem. If you set the bar low, you will only have mediocre results. Set the bar high, you can achieve greatness. The principal is very approachable and willing to find a way to make things work for all involved. We have never experienced an issue with our student (who is, incidentally, ADD) not being able to thrive. Communication with the faculty, staff, and principal have always been key. These people love the children here and want to see them succeed!

Posted November 14, 2014
As a teacher and parent, I can say that there is no other school I would send my children.

Posted November 12, 2014
Its sad when disgruntled employees choose to rant against an administration instead of looking in the mirror and having an "aha" moment. I do agree with everything said regarding teachers, parents and students. Every child exceeds their dreams and is loved and nurtured in the process. However, the Principal is amazing. It is never easy to be a leader but it is easy to criticize what you don't understand. Walk a mile in her shoes and I think there would be a different tune. She is 100% dedicated to her staff and is all about each child. She goes out of her way every day and frankly, it's the little things that most don't see that make the difference. As to the Pastor's passiveness...ha! That's funny. He knows better because HE knows better!!! Enough said...good gracious!

St John Neumann Catholic Elementary School 4

Posted November 05, 2014
I loved teaching at this school. The students, parents, and faculty made everyday worthwhile. The school's greatest strengths are its many fantastic teachers and its delightful student body. However, the principal and parish priest may be the school s downfall. The principal is unfriendly, uninformed, and attempts to bully those teachers who express their professional concerns. The parish priest is indifferent to the troubles the teachers face and willing to turn a blind-eye to the principal s abusive nature.
3 people found this helpful

Posted August 12, 2014
This school is fabulous. Is it the best fit for everyone? No, but what school is! Everyone does what is best for the children. I don't understand the comments about the principal. She is one of the most caring, kind people we have ever experienced in a school. The school is the best that it is because of her. She will listen to all. It is when some parents don't get "their way" that they feel she does not "listen" and is a "dictator." I would not want it any other way. Who else knows what is best for the school. She hires some wonderful teachers and guides them to help each child. The teachers accomodate all children, challenging them to be the best they can be. If you want to experience a school like no other, come here.

Posted August 12, 2014
Sometimes, it is better for some unhappy people to move on! My children have been at this school for 7 years and we are VERY happy. The principal is like no other. She is helpful, kind, and always warm and friendly. Under her guidance, the teachers go out of their way to help all of the children. One of mine would be one of the children that has special needs, she has been diagnosed with ADHD. The principal developed a plan based on the recommendations sent from our doctor, and the teachers go out of their way to help her. This school is truly God blessed. We are so happy here and would NEVER consider going to another school. My only regret is that our oldest will be graduating soon. I wish this school would consider going through high school!

St John Neumann Catholic Elementary School 1

Posted August 06, 2014
The Principal is a dictator. There is nobody's way but her way. DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT send your child there if they have any kind of learning disability (ADD,ADHD,etc) because the school is not equipped to help these children "Experience Success." There is no Guidance Counselor or Psychologist on campus. Like a post below mentioned the school caters to the gifted children leaving the children who need help left behind. Don't waste your money. My child will NOT be returning.

Posted June 10, 2014
An absolutely outstanding educational environment! My children attended a very highly rated public school for one year before we realized that we needed a different educational setting. The teachers could not teach due to the amount of behavioral disruptions in the classroom. My children came home asking questions about things that no small children should be overhearing from classmates. However, after two minutes in this school, I realized we had found home. The teachers are incredibly dedicated and professional, and they will give each individual child exactly what he or she needs to soar. My children's standardized test scores are now in the top 95th percentile in both math and reading, and it is due to the commitment and dedication of the faculty. They motivate and inspire, they model and guide, they love and care. The educational environment is safe and quiet, and the children's manners are exceptional. The students care for one another because they watch their teachers treat all with respect every day. This school has made such a positive impact on the lives of my children, and I know that they are getting an incredibly strong foundation in academics and faith.

St John Neumann Catholic Elementary School 1

Posted March 06, 2014
This school is very frustrating because the principle does not accept ideas from the parents witch is very frustrating and she listens to nobody

St John Neumann Catholic Elementary School
721 Polo Road, Columbia, SC  29223
Last modified St John Neumann Catholic Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
St John Neumann Catholic Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top