PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I was a student there, and have since transferred. With limited characters, I cannot describe to you the horrors of this school. You have to, essentially, be Southern royalty to excel here. Plus, for a "Christian" school, the people are rather judgemental and heartless.

My children were able to attend Ben Lippen while my husband was an employee for 6 years. Ben Lippen balances strong academics while never losing sight of the importance of learning from a biblical worldview. All students that graduate here are well prepared for college & often go on to be leaders at their universities and jobs.

I took a five-year-old child to Ben Lippen to apply for their kindergarten program. I told them that he had been rejected by another "Christian" school because they did not consider him prepared enough to entire five-year kindergarten. I was told that Ben Lippen would never do that. In effect, I was told that admission was fairly open. Later I was told that they would not accept him because his parents are not actively involved in a local church. We have had him enrolled at Seven Oaks Presbyterian Church pre-school and Hebron Day School for four years. At those schools, he was accepted unconditionally and received wonderful Christian nurturing as well as a great beginning for his educational journey. We had assumed that Ben Lippen would be a great next step and had always thought that Ben Lippen and Columbia International University are both interested in evangelism. And we assumed that such a school would cherish the opportunity to help to mold a child who needs their kind of training so much. Imagine our surprise when we learned otherwise. I suppose we still live in a world where a child can be rejected because of his parents.

Ben Lippen is a school with a long history for making life wonderful for missionary children. My tuition was the best investment my grandparents made for us five children. I enjoyed so much the strict study of English grammar and literature. One of my classmates is even an editor for a famous internet company. Another is a great treasurer for a leading distributor for musical instruments. Sports were fun enjoyed so much, although not at the time running their cross country course and working out in the gym as well as in polar bear soccer and varsity tennis. Scholar ships handed out to some children from Kenya during my time gave added to the already diverse student body. I would love if my children could also go there, however we are now residing in another town. Really glad to know SC is a school choice state allowing parents more latitude in their choices for a hope based education.

This is a wonderful school that puts Christ first. The entire staff has helped to make a positive difference in my grandsons' life.

I agree with the grandparent who posted. The teachers are a delight. But there are too many family ties and too many children and grandchildren receiving free tuition. The Christian atmosphere was wonderful but my middle school student has transferred.

I am a grandparent who paid for 5 grandchildren to go to Ben Lippen. The teachers are exceptional. It was my concern that there were too many family ties among staff, board of directors, etc. to treat each child fairly. My two grands who have not left for college have transferred to another private school.

Our school has a pleasant Christian atmosphere and is a unique environment to study God's Word and the basic subjects. With about 20 students per class there is plenty of 1 on 1 with each of our committed teachers. They are devoted to quality and Biblical integration in their lessons. Parents play a pivotal part in the growth of our school. They schedule many of the schools events and are willing to help wherever they are needed. Many good changes have been made in the last year such as a new headmaster and head football coach. Our headmaster has made academic modifications such as the requirement of taking math all four years and allowing an early dismissal for sports practices. Our superior academics, building extracurricular program, and Christian tradition make this school the best pick for anyone.

This is an amazing school, the teachers are so involved and they care. God is also in the picture, this is such a great enviroment!

Last modified Ben Lippen School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12