PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Supports LD students: Neutral

I have not seen any kids with learning difference, nor am I aware of any of these kids.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The leadership at this school is like a one man show...and it's either their way or the highway.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Depending on the teacher....some definitely are. But there are others that intimidate the kids with the tone that they use, especially on the Pre-K side. The turnover rate is high.

My child attended this institution for 2 years and I was not impressed. There is a disconnect between the administration and the staff. The school appearance needs improvement. There needs to be a better selections made when hiring staff (make sure staff has the appropriate certifications to teach). There is no set curriculum or syllabus given out at the beginning of the year to be able to gage where your child should be with learning throughout the year. There is no emphasis on teaching Pre-K (4 yr. olds) to read. The last month of school this year, my child had to turn in 3 class projects so we had to rush to complete this instead of them being spread out throughout the year. There was only 2 PTO meetings held the entire school year this year....the others were disguised as PTO meetings but really just a ploy to get parents out to support the Elementary school age kids' awards ceremony. The fundraisers are done last minute...meaning, it is announced and then you are left with a week or two until the money is due to be turned in therefore causing the fundraiser to be unsuccessful or have low participation. There are lots of teachers who visibly have no patience for children and on several occasions I have overheard the tone in which they take with the kids which is not cool. They do not provider a scheduled orientation where you go in at the beginning of the year and meet the child's teacher, take a school tour, etc. This school needs some serious restructuring. The only value in this school is that it did provide my child with a basic understanding of Christian principles and he really enjoys that aspect of it.

My child went to V.V. reid for 2 years and she will not be returning for the next school year. There was no PTO this year and my child have 25 kids in her class. Why pay $400 a mth for the same class size at a public school. And when I talk to administators they don't fix the problems that I had. Ex. my child had a bad teacher and they would not change her out of the class and this year '08-'09 school year they had 6 teachers leave.

V.V.Reid School is a wonderful institution for my child. I have observed a tremendous improvement in his academics and feel the staff is extraordinary. The curriculum is fast past, however, if my child requires additional help, the teachers are there to put in the extra time required. I commend V.V. Reid for their maintaining the religious involvement of their students. Great job V.V. Reid School.

School is wonderful, I have a first grader at V.V. Reid and until now I have never had anyone tell me that I can't be involved in his life. The Staff there refuses a PTO and I dont like it

Last modified VV Reid School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5