Bad
Good

Posted August 10, 2014
This is the best elementary school in Richland 2, hands down. It all starts from the principal, Dr. Franklin. Her caring spirit and passion for children is spread through out the school and staff memebers. I am so happy my son attends this school. His reading and math skills are beyond his grade level and is now in the magnet program. Love love Love Polo Rd Elementary.

Posted April 17, 2014
I recently moved to the area from district 5, so I was a little skeptical of the rumors about district 2. Polo Road Elementary has by far exceeded my expectations. My children love the school and the staff. I would highly recommend this school, as well as the Quest magnet program. I have no complaints and I am very pleased with my children's education.

Posted April 02, 2014
Polo Road Elementary should receive a five star rating. It is an excellent, academic facility where all students are challenged. As a retired educator, myself, for over twenty-three years, I can easily recognize outstanding leadership, caring and devoted teachers, and a worthwhile and demanding curriculum. I have two grandsons attending this outstanding school and am thrilled with the opportunities provided to them. The principal, Dr. Marshalynn Franklin, expects the very best from her faculty, as well as her students. She is a role model for excellence as an administrator, who truly cares about quality education and how it can affect the future of her pupils.

Posted January 07, 2014
I moved three boys from Private school to polo Elementary when we bought a new house in the area. The school boasts superior resources and an involved Teaching staff. Private School was a waste OF $$$. Our boys now test above their private school peers and more importantly they are having normal social contacts with their classmates. I am glad we are here.

Posted January 05, 2014
I love Polo Rd. My husband and I are both in the Army and our daughter is in 2nd grade this year. She has been going to Polo Rd since Kindergarten and she loves all of her teachers. The teachers that she has had have a sincere love for the students and a heart for teaching unlike some teachers now days. The Principle is very personable and she is always willing to go out of her way to assist. Our next school will have a "big shoe" to fill.

Posted August 15, 2013
My children transitioned from private school to public school (at Polo Road) and have had an absolutely wonderful experience. I never imagined public school had so much to offer since I attended private school as a child. My children (one in general ed and one in the Autism program) are challenged academically by an extremely skilled instructional staff. They have also made great friends. The school is safe, beautiful and quite inviting. Everybody from the administration to the support staff are caring and know my children by name. I couldn't ask for anything more!

Polo Road Elementary School 2

Posted June 21, 2013
I must say before I went to this school I've heard nothing but good things. I heard wrong this school is good for typical kids, but kids who has autism are not good at all for. The program is terrible at this school, and I've seen better. And I would not recommend anyone who's has a child with autism to come here unless you have low expectations for your child and their goals. They have 3 programs for autism at this school and all of them re not good. They are pretty much babysitting and not teaching them anything. I am moving to another district to Lexington 5. Like I said its good for typical kids but not the special needs.

Posted August 22, 2012
Awesome school. The teachers are very involved in the kids learning. By the end of my daughter's kindergarten year, she was reading on a 2nd grade level. I love this school. My husband and I are in the military and we are willing to extend our time here in Columbia so that our daughter can finish out at Polo Rd Elementary.

Posted March 05, 2012
Possibly the best school in Columbia, SC and should be rated as one of the best in SC. Gifted group of teachers and administrators that go out of their way to educate children attending their school. They are also heavily engaged in fund raising activities that show in the modern and continuously updated automation and facilities. Proud to have my sons go there and even prouder to recieve the level of education they are recieving there.

Posted March 20, 2011
This school is a school that is working hard to help students make a better future.

Polo Road Elementary School
1250 Polo Rd, Columbia, SC  29223
Last modified Polo Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.