Posted June 14, 2014
This school is horrible! The principal is an incompetent woman who thinks she is above everyone else. In reality, she knows little or nothing about education. The assistant principals are the same, especially the arrogant old grey-haired man. Parents are kept out of the school building at any cost because they do not want to be bothered. The administration is running this school as a private school, rather than a public school funded by taxpayers' money.

Posted April 03, 2014
This is school is not a good school. As one parent stated they communicate everything that your child does wrong but never nothing good about your child. the teachers are not good and they do not help to prepare children for the future. The adminstration staff is horrible and the principal Linda Hall is a joke. She doesn't see fault in her staff and she is more concern about how you are parenting your child than educating them. She is not effective, she doesn't care about the needs of the children and she is very bias. My child has been at this school for three years and it has been a horrible experience and therefore he will be moving to a better school. Avoid this school at all cost. You will spare yourself the frustration of dealing with the foolishness of this school

Sandlapper Elementary School 3

Posted February 11, 2013
I am very pleased with the education that is provided for my child and what he is learning. However the parent involvement is not good at all. I understand that they want good security but I feel that they need to allow measures for the parent to see what their child is experiencing each day and see their learning environment. I like to be involved in his learning and as a parent I have that right. I know Linda Hall from when she worked at Bridgecreek and and I felt her techniques were not the best. Overall your education system is excellent but you shoul dreally address parent involvement.

Posted August 23, 2012
I had two children at Sandlapper last year. I am pretty firm in my belief that it was a complete waste of a year. The school holds the parents completely responsible for their childs actions. They communicate quite effectively everything that your child does wrong, but very little of what your child does right. Sandlapper also refuses to take any responsibility for their lack of a challenging curriculum, or the way they administer their school. One of my children was threatened last year on a school website. In my meeting with their principal and their vice-principal they were actually more concerned with my parenting skills then they were about what happened. The excuses they made for the whole incident were many, but the solutions suggested were few. Yes, Principal Hall, you know who this is! I do completely agree that a parent is ultimately responsible for their childs education, and that is why we left that school as fast as we could. If you are looking for a place to place your children, especially military families, take a look elsewhere!

Posted September 25, 2011
I am a parent of a 5th grader at Sandlapper, just as the other parents stated, they lock the parents out of the educational process all together. The front desk staff act as if any parent has no business coming up to the school to bother them while they work. I have never seen a school that doesn't encourage parental involvement. When we asked about observing our child in class we were told, that isn't needed we'll let you know if something is wrong. If you are planning on moving to Columbia, do not live in the area of this school. It is not parent friendly at all if you are involved with your child's education, they only want you to drop your child off and pick them up in that order. Take you child to Langford or Roundtop Elementary. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL. From the principal on down they all are only educators NOT TEACHERS, there is a difference. The staff there is only there to get a check. If you are an involved parent you will understand. If you only drop your child off and pick them up, this is over your head.

Sandlapper Elementary School 2

Posted February 06, 2011
I am parent of a 2nd grader at this school. I am sorry to say that this is the only and 1st school which locked me out of my childs education, and threw away the key. On a scale of 0-10 with 10 being the highest, then this school scored a flat zero for parental involvement. The education is fit; however, parental involvement is not encourage in this school. I need a 100% parental involvement!

Sandlapper Elementary School 0

Posted April 15, 2010
I moved to Columbia in January of 2010 and my son started school a week after us arriving here. I intentionally moved into the school district so my son could attend this school after much research prior to my move from the west coast. I have to say I am very pleased with the staff/school and my son has adapted very well. They have saftey measures in place for a reason and I'm impressed. I would be worried about anyone being able to walk into a school and come and go as they please. Thank you Sandlapper!

Posted March 19, 2009

Posted February 18, 2009
When moving to South Carolina I was concerned about the quality of education my daughters would receive. I carefully chose this elementary and have been pleased with the quality of education and unique opportunities in art and technology that my daugher has enjoyed. The staff is professional and caring. My daughter felt at home in a matter of days. In regards to the previously stated concerns on their security policies, unfortunately in today's climate of rising violence Richland 2 has chosen to take the safety of our children as a priority over the convience of parents. I never have to worry about the safety of my daugher while she is in their care and I appreciate the extra time and effort this requires the school to undertake.

Posted February 13, 2009
I am writing as a parent of 2 children at Sandlapper, and I can honestly say that this is a fine elementary school, and the parents that have written previously, have NO clue as to what really goes on in this school. The rules and expectations of Sandlapper are only in the best interest of every child at the school. There should not be any reason for a parent to have to come see their child during the learning day unless their is an emergency. Parents need to get a clue as to how an elementary school works! You can't always have what you want all the time, so bad-mouthing is a way to cope! Get a life parents and realize what a fine school your child is in, with an impecable faculty, staff and administration! Proud to be both parent and teacher!

Sandlapper Elementary School
1001 Longtown Rd, Columbia, SC  29229
Last modified Sandlapper Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sandlapper Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top