Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Disagree

My child rarely came home with homework and I compare what other schools are learning and this one is seriously behind

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

My sons teacher Ms. Dawkins was NUTS just like the principal Linda Hall. She followed everything the principal told her to do.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

THIS was the worst school ever! The principal Linda Hall is NUTS!!!! She hates parental involvement!

Well, after reading all the new posts... I was the parent who wrote the comments below on February 6, 2011. I did not mention names at that time, but I am now. I had a 2nd Grader at that school, and Linda Hall the principal, was horrible. She controlled every move the teachers did. They were not allowed to schedule a parent and teacher conference without her consent. She tried to locked me out of my son's education until I went to the district office and threaten to broadcast the entire school on WIS-TV News. This was the worse school I have ever experienced. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This school is horrible! The principal is an incompetent woman who thinks she is above everyone else. In reality, she knows little or nothing about education. The assistant principals are the same, especially the arrogant old grey-haired man. Parents are kept out of the school building at any cost because they do not want to be bothered. The administration is running this school as a private school, rather than a public school funded by taxpayers' money.

This is school is not a good school. As one parent stated they communicate everything that your child does wrong but never nothing good about your child. the teachers are not good and they do not help to prepare children for the future. The adminstration staff is horrible and the principal Linda Hall is a joke. She doesn't see fault in her staff and she is more concern about how you are parenting your child than educating them. She is not effective, she doesn't care about the needs of the children and she is very bias. My child has been at this school for three years and it has been a horrible experience and therefore he will be moving to a better school. Avoid this school at all cost. You will spare yourself the frustration of dealing with the foolishness of this school

I am very pleased with the education that is provided for my child and what he is learning. However the parent involvement is not good at all. I understand that they want good security but I feel that they need to allow measures for the parent to see what their child is experiencing each day and see their learning environment. I like to be involved in his learning and as a parent I have that right. I know Linda Hall from when she worked at Bridgecreek and and I felt her techniques were not the best. Overall your education system is excellent but you shoul dreally address parent involvement.

I had two children at Sandlapper last year. I am pretty firm in my belief that it was a complete waste of a year. The school holds the parents completely responsible for their childs actions. They communicate quite effectively everything that your child does wrong, but very little of what your child does right. Sandlapper also refuses to take any responsibility for their lack of a challenging curriculum, or the way they administer their school. One of my children was threatened last year on a school website. In my meeting with their principal and their vice-principal they were actually more concerned with my parenting skills then they were about what happened. The excuses they made for the whole incident were many, but the solutions suggested were few. Yes, Principal Hall, you know who this is! I do completely agree that a parent is ultimately responsible for their childs education, and that is why we left that school as fast as we could. If you are looking for a place to place your children, especially military families, take a look elsewhere!

I am a parent of a 5th grader at Sandlapper, just as the other parents stated, they lock the parents out of the educational process all together. The front desk staff act as if any parent has no business coming up to the school to bother them while they work. I have never seen a school that doesn't encourage parental involvement. When we asked about observing our child in class we were told, that isn't needed we'll let you know if something is wrong. If you are planning on moving to Columbia, do not live in the area of this school. It is not parent friendly at all if you are involved with your child's education, they only want you to drop your child off and pick them up in that order. Take you child to Langford or Roundtop Elementary. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL. From the principal on down they all are only educators NOT TEACHERS, there is a difference. The staff there is only there to get a check. If you are an involved parent you will understand. If you only drop your child off and pick them up, this is over your head.

I am parent of a 2nd grader at this school. I am sorry to say that this is the only and 1st school which locked me out of my childs education, and threw away the key. On a scale of 0-10 with 10 being the highest, then this school scored a flat zero for parental involvement. The education is fit; however, parental involvement is not encourage in this school. I need a 100% parental involvement!

Last modified Sandlapper Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.