Bad
Good

Posted May 31, 2015
My son and I really love this school. I am seeing so much growth in him academically. The principal and teachers have been great. The school faculty and staff work well together communicating and working with me on any issues that might arise throughout the year. Great school. My son was sad to see the year end but he will be there for their awesome summer camp.

Posted February 17, 2015
My son LOVES Carolina School for Inquiry. He has really blossomed as a student and person at this school. This is our second year at the school and we have found the Principal, Teacher's and faculty very accessible and responsive. They are always available. Most important to me is I know my son is loved and cared for while he is at the school. He is obviously getting a great education as he is testing above grade level. I appreciate the individual attention and encouragement that he receives. CSI is a great school and I would highly recommend.

Carolina School For Inquiry 1

Posted February 11, 2015
Is experiencing this school first hand, and some of the teachers are diamonds in the rough....others not so much. When wanting to get an explanation on class techniques I contacted the principal who never responded and didn't take our concerns seriously. Stuck between a rock and a hard place.... debating on withdrawing our child. Hoping for better leadership.

Carolina School For Inquiry 1

Posted October 03, 2014
My daughter attended this school about 5 years ago & it was the WORST experience she could have had. She was bullied & when she stood up for herself the so called administrator blamed my daughter. They said my daughter was special needs & wanted to have her tested to be in special education classes. LUCKILY we put her in a regular public school where she has thrived. She is now in 7th grade & being considered for Duke University Talent search program due to her exemplary scores on her PASS tests (btw she scored exemplary in all subjects). Those of you who are praising this school, be careful & watch your children!!! Things at this school are not what they seem on the outside, I know from experience! Thank God we got out before any permanent damage was done to my daughter!!!

Posted July 27, 2011
Best School EVER!! My daughter has made a complete turn around from her grades and test scores at her old school. The teachers stay in contact with the parents and the principal does not put up with attitude and acting out from the students. This school doesn't even have a School Resource Officer because they don't need one. I had to yank my child from Forest Heights because of the fighting going on in the school(classrooms and halls) and her getting injuired because of just sitting at her desk between the two boys. So now I don't have to worry about that anymore. FOCSI (the PTO) is wonderful and all the parents are really active. Again this is the Best School in Columbia!!

Posted November 30, 2009

Posted November 03, 2009
My daughter really loves this school. I also like this school very much the smaller number of children in the classroom is a big plus.

Posted August 11, 2009
The principal is phenomenal and makes everyone feel welcome. She lights up the school. The curriculum focuses on teaching to various learning styles and in-depth investigation of subject matter, mostly through hands-on approaches. The school offers many free 'academies' which extend art and writing from the curriculum. The teachers are experienced and well-educated, many with advanced degrees. The school is used as a training sight for student teachers in local education programs. It's the kind of school you would expect to pay for but because it's a charter school it is free to area students.

Posted March 31, 2009
Wish this school went through the 8th grade. Very friendly environment and the children love it!!!

Posted December 21, 2008
I rate Carolina School for Inquiry as an exceptional school; simply because of the feedback from parents, students, community, and even teachers who work. there. Though only in existence for three years, it is making leaps and bounds.

7405 Fairfield Rd, Columbia, SC  29203
Last modified Carolina School For Inquiry is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.