Longleaf Middle School 2

Posted August 08, 2014
My daughter attends this school and for the last two i have not been impressed. My daughter gets pushed along and no one helps her I have asked for help but getting a conference with anyone is nearly impossible. She is very shy and unique in her own way. She had one teacher last year that called her name wrong all year I even had to step in and tell her off. Read the comments you will see the students cant even spell that should tell its own story of the school.

Posted June 18, 2014
Longleaf Middle School is a great school with phenomenal teachers. The ZooBot magnet program has teachers that truly care about their students and want them to be successful learners for life. They also just became a whole school magnet with a STEAM focus. Looking forward to seeing what this next year has in store for this wonderful school.

Longleaf Middle School 3

Posted April 08, 2013
Sixth grade was great, especially the agent program. Seventh grade had its challenges, half of the teachers were good while the other half (including the principal) seemed to just be making appearances. Eighth grade has been the toughest, 3/4 of the teachers don't seem to care about the kids or their education and the ones that do care, seem stifled by the administration. No wonder scores were worse in 2012. I hope the school bounces back.

Longleaf Middle School 4

Posted May 05, 2011
My daughter attends this school this year and I have to say that I love the school. We moved here a couple of years ago and I can say that this is one of the better schhols. I like it because the principal and administrators are responsive to my concerns and they are very involved with school improvement and ways of continued growth of the school. I, especially liked the fact that for my daughter's first year, they offered summer programs to allow rising 6th graders to become familiar with the middle school environment. I like the size of the school and it was not an overwhelming environment. My daughter loves the teaching style of Mr. Jenkins and I have enjoyed the responsiveness of all of her teachers. Kudos

Posted March 31, 2010
Longleaf is a great learning environment

Posted March 02, 2010
I love this school and it has fun activities but have great opertunities and a great education keep it up lepords

Longleaf Middle School 3

Posted July 19, 2009

Longleaf Middle School 0

Posted June 09, 2009
As a parent of a student at Longleaf, I am concerned and disappointed that the students seem to be running the school. I frequent the school no less than once a month. There is a lack of holding students accountable for the rules and and consistent consequences to ensure an adequate learning environment. The lack of respect, language, and defiance is horrific. It is no wonder test scores are not as they should be. Quality learning cannot take place in the chaotic and undisciplined environment within the classrooms and halls. Additionally, there are no programs for students to become involoved in their school community. Longleaf needs to consistent discipline in and out of the classrooms. It's sort of like 'the tail wagging the dog' over there. Consistent rules and consequences should be the norm and understood by all. Only then can real learning and test score improve!

Posted March 18, 2009

Posted February 19, 2009
I love this school it gives kids freedom and great education. It does need programs though.

Longleaf Middle School
1160 Longreen Parkway, Columbia, SC  29229
Last modified Longleaf Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Longleaf Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top