Columbia, SC
Students enrolled: 1,839

Posted October 11, 2010
Irmo is amazing at preparing students to be successful at life. A very proud tradition of excellence, especially within the Band program.

Posted September 29, 2009
I love this school-from teachers to the front desk, and especially Principal Eddie Walker! We've had a great experience since my son's first day of 9th grade and am proud to say he will be an Irmo graduate in 2011, and feel sure that my other 2 children will continue with this positive experience as they to will attend Irmo High-Best High School by far!!

Posted September 18, 2009
I love this school the teachers really work with the parents in assisting with your child education

Posted September 17, 2009
Irmo provided my daughter a great education to set her up for college.

Posted August 02, 2008
Mr. Eddie Walker is the best thing that has ever happened to Irmo High. He affects 2000 plus students in a positive way everyday. They strive to be better people because of his example

Posted October 01, 2007
Irmo High School is an exceptional school. We have a wonderful principal, dedicated teachers, involved parents, and terrific students Barbara Ronan, parent

Irmo High School 1

Posted January 13, 2007
This school has a lot of qualities, mostly all bad. Irmo High school does have high testing scores and some smart kids. Its not a good school overall.

Posted November 01, 2004
I think that Irmo High School is one of the best schools in the state of South Carolina. The teachers there are so helpful. I graduated from Irmo High School in 2004 and so did my mother in 1978 and my sisters will graduate from there in 2005 and 2010. My teachers were some of the most helpful people there and they cared so much for all of their students. Even now that I'm in college, I still keep in contact with some of my teachers because they were more than just instructors, they were our parents away from home.

Posted September 01, 2003
Irmo ranked in the top ten in the state in both ACT and SAT scores. Last year it won both the state football championship and state band competition. Irmo has won the band championship (in the large school category) nine years in a row.) Arguably the best school in the state of SC.

6671 St Andrews Rd, Columbia, SC  29212
Last modified Irmo High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Irmo High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top