Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted December 09, 2015
Thanks for NOTHING to the principal Jess Hutchinson. He did nothing for me as a parent.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted December 09, 2015
There were other teachers who were very effective, however, I cant call it effective if the teacher is unprofessional

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted December 09, 2015
The homework was fine. I did not have a problem with academics. It was the principal, the teacher, and the strange nurse.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted December 09, 2015
How is determination measured if one of my son's teachers talks about me in an email to the nurse. This is unprofessional.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted December 09, 2015
They do not respect the most important people at their school. These would be the students. They do not listen

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted December 09, 2015
They do not care about their students. They only care about being on their cell phones.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted December 09, 2015
THEY DON'T LISTEN TO THEIR STUDENTS. The principal Jess Hutchinson only takes the staff members and teachers side. This is unfair.

Crossroads Middle School 2

Posted December 09, 2015
My son attended this school in the 6th grade (2014). The education curriculum was good, but the principal Jess Hutchinson do not listen to his students. He rather believed what a nurse would say. Believed it or not, the nurse would make recommendations that my son talk to guidance or even the social worker just because he had to go to the nurse office because he was not feeling well. The nurse was fully aware that my son had reflux. Let me remind you, I also had a problem where the nurse and one of my son's teacher (Bl.......d) They was actually talking about me in an email. The email got sent to me by mistake, and yes I comforted the teacher, and informed the Principal (Jess Hutchinson). Which did not do any good. The school was the worst professionalism I have ever experienced EVER.

Crossroads Middle School 5

Posted January 21, 2015
I was a student at Crossroads and I loved it! The teachers were nice and funny and the classes taught you a lot. My favorite teachers I couldn't choose because they were all wonderful! My only problem is gym which was extremely tiring and hard but it was good for me since I was chubby. I would suggest if you had to go to a junior middle school, go to Crossroads.

Crossroads Middle School 2

Posted August 15, 2014
Not a good school. Lunch and teachers are the only upside. Don't like the atmosphere it's really bland.

6949 St Andrews Rd, Columbia, SC  29212
Last modified Crossroads Middle School is a Public school that serves grade 6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.