Posted June 11, 2014
To the person who wrote the negative review concerning "some of the second and third grade teachers", I think you should not generalize. To my knowledge, there was one teacher on each grade level who may have been considered below par by some, but the rest are top-notch. By the way, those questionable teachers are now gone, so both grade levels are even stronger than before with the most competent teachers.

Posted April 10, 2013
i am a former student, but I moved to VA after 5th grade. I can say that the bad reviews can't be true. I was only there for 2 years, but those two years were the BEST. I LOVED it. Not saying VA isn't good either, but Brennen shaped me. I read GONE WITH THE WIND there. I was in ALL AAP. I was going to go to Crayton, to MEGSSS. Still, GO THERE. You will NOT regret it.

Posted January 25, 2013
As a parent of two students at Brennen for the past 6 years, I could not be more pleased. I have one typical child and a child with Asperger's Syndrome (high functioning autism) with an IQ in the "very superior" range. Both are in the Advanced Academic Program. They are so happy and love their school! The support from the teachers and administration to help each child reach his or her potential is unparalleled. It truly is a team effort. The academics and learning are at the top. But we all know that there is so much more to school than that. Besides the academics, the arts programs are top notch (the drama dept will blow you away) and every day you see volunteers, parents, mentors all giving their time and talents to this wonderfully diverse student body. My kids have learned lifeskills, had dozens of hands-on field trips and learning experiences, acted in plays, made sculptures, been colonial patriots, danced, written newspapers...I could go on and on. I cannot imagine being anywhere else! Thank you Brennen Elementary!

Posted January 15, 2013
With new administration, staff, and teachers, the success of BES keeps getting better! There's a strong social and academic focus on all students, meeting the diverse needs of the school community. The Brennen community is professional, well knowledged and caring. Parent involvement is phenomenal. Parents assist in tutoring, volunteering in the office and supporting teachers through a variety of measures. Parents are welcomed as a part of the school day and can often be found giving tours, mentoring students, and sharing their expertise. If you're looking for a school that focuses on student learning, creating thinkers and not just doers, one that sees parents as partners, and a principal who is aiming for the success of EVERY child that walks through the door, BRENNEN is the place for you and your family.

Brennen Elementary School 1

Posted January 14, 2012
This is a wonderful school, but like most public schools, bad teachers do exist here and have for some time. Talk to other parents, The good news (or bade news if you really think about it) is that these bad teachers are well known and have been around for years, so are easy to find out about. It saddens me that I have to rate this school lower, because of a few bad apples, but they persist thanks to system that rewards bad teachers with tenure and does not want hold bad teacher accountable, nor reward good ones. Be particularly carful with some of the 2nd and 3rd grade teachers.

Posted November 03, 2009

Brennen Elementary School 0

Posted October 22, 2009
With a diverse group of students, a very strong advanced academic program, a very high parental involvement rate, this neighborhood school is celebrating it's 60th anniversary. Highly motivated and educated faculty and staff work with the students and parents to improve every single day. Along with a great PTO and actice School Improvement Council, Brennen enjoys super support from the business community and local neighbors. Now in my 8th year as a Brennen parent, I would say that children who leave Brennen are not only ready to excel in middle school, but far beyond. I love Brennen and would send my children here over ANY school in the Columbia, SC I had a choice to attend.

Posted October 20, 2009

Brennen Elementary School 0

Posted October 05, 2009
The staff is very supportive. The kids are outstanding students. The parents are one of a kind!

Brennen Elementary School 3

Posted August 06, 2009

Brennen Elementary School
4438 Devereaux Rd, Columbia, SC  29205
Last modified Brennen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brennen Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top