School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

This school is amazing! Just visit and see the time and consideration that the faculty puts into creating a beautiful, student friendly environment. Learning is the top priority and the teachers do not settle for anything less than the best. The students are learning to be leaders. They were even on the news for all of their school spirit. I love Burnside!
August 27, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Message to families

Teacher effectiveness:
SCHOOL LEADER
Our hiring process is rigid. Teachers have to have more than subject knowledge to work at our school, they must have passion and compassion. They must be driven to ensure that ALL students succeed. We have coaches and interventionists that support students and teachers.

Amount of homework:
SCHOOL LEADER
We understand that time should be spent doing extracurricular activities, so we limit the time that it should take students to complete homework in the afternoons.

Develops grit:
SCHOOL LEADER
Our focus is on building characteristics in our students that will help them throughout their lives. Throughout every academic area, persistence, grit , and determination are required.

Develops respect:
SCHOOL LEADER
We focus on the Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. This helps build mutual respect in students.

Develops empathy:
SCHOOL LEADER
We visit neighborhoods, provide guidance support, and consistently meet with students during community building meetings.

Annie Burnside Elementary School 5

Posted August 27, 2015
I am so happy that I decided to let my daughter attend Burnside Elementary! The staff is so helpful, knowledgable, and most of all friendly. From the time you walk in the door, to the time you leave the school the staff and teachers are friendly. This year they have put a new program in place, and my daughter comes home excited about school. The halls of this school make me excited, so I know that the children are happy about learning. I don't know how anyone could say anything bad about this school because the school is great, and they are moving in a great direction. Keep up the great work! My daughter is glad to be a Burnside Bee, and I am too!

Develops honesty:
SCHOOL LEADER
The Leader in Me is a new initiative at the school. The students learn Stephen Covey's Five Havits of Highly Effective People.

Annie Burnside Elementary School 5

Posted August 27, 2015
This school is wonderful! The environment has completely changed over the past two years. The teachers, principal, and office staff are kind and helpful. The student work displays are so good. You walk in and feel like your child will be loved and taught. Thanks Burnside!

Annie Burnside Elementary School 2

Posted May 21, 2015
Please explain to me why? My daughter's school doesn't have a national holiday off. I'm talking about Memorial Day! When my other children have it off. As well as all my niesce and nephews do. So now I have to explain to her why she has school and they don't. And watch her get upset because she feels left out. And I would appreciate it if the ladies who answer the phones. Weren't so rude and short. Especially since it is your job to do so.

Annie Burnside Elementary School
7300 Patterson Rd, Columbia, SC  29209
Last modified Annie Burnside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Annie Burnside Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top