Columbia, SC

Posted May 28, 2015
MRR CREATIVE ARTS & LEARNING ACADEMY IS AN EXCELLENT EDUCATIONAL FACILITY LOCATED ON ST. ANDREWS ROAD. THE ACADEMY SERVICES AREA RICHLAND ONE & LEXINGTON RICHLAND FIVE SCHOOL DISTRICT STUDENTS. THE PROGRAM INTEGRATES CREATIVE ARTS TO FOCUS ON CORE ACADEMIC SUBJECTS AND WELLNESS SERVICES. THE BEST STAFF AND LEARNING ENVIRONMENT HANDS DOWN!!!!!!

Sandel Elementary School 2

Posted May 20, 2015
Most of the regular education and the special education teachers are GREAT but I feel as though they are being held back by the principal . As the parent of an AAP child, I hold the standards VERY high of the school my son attends. He is in 3rd grade reading at a 5-6 grade reading level and at 6th grade math level. The AAP math teacher keeps him on his toes and challenges him. He loves AAP Math. However, he doesn't like AAP ELA. His teacher and I have talked about his progress and that he needs to be challenged more and it goes in her ear and right back out the other. The old principal, Ms Young, was great! The school felt so warm and welcoming. NOW... The new principal makes the school feel more like an institution and not only have the parents felt it but the kids have too! My son has LOVED going to school until this year. He says he doesn't want to leave because he doesn't want to leave his friends but we may leave anyway! There are other schools that would take serious parents more serious!

Posted April 05, 2014
MY SCHOOL IS THE BEST ESPECIALLY MY FAVORITE TEACHERS AND THEY ARE MRS.HYDARA MRS.HAILI MRS.CATO MR.POTTER SO THANK U :)

Sandel Elementary School 2

Posted May 30, 2011
My child attended this school for part of fourth grade and the fifth. The teachers she had weren't big on parental communication, which aggrevated me. The principal seems very non-chalant and in her own world. The school has been locked down several time for escaped convicts in the area. The school is several blocks from a prison. There are several apartment complexes in the immediate area.

Posted February 11, 2009
I loved this school. My children loved it and the teachers are wonderful. I felt welcome whenever I visited.

Posted October 09, 2008
Sandel is a great school. Each employee cares for the students. There are great resources available during and after the school day. Most parents who don't like Sandel are the ones who do not actively participate in their students education.

Posted June 28, 2007
I have two children that have attended Sandel Elementary and I have been very pleased with the academic programs. My middle child is a rising senior with a 3.4 GPA. I believe if a child can get the basics, they can be successful and the Sandel teachers have provided that (basics). Part of my responsibility is to work with the teachers and to re-enforce my child learning abilities. I also have a younger son that is currently a student at Sandel, his teacher was awesome, she worked diligently with the children, it wasn't just a job for her but it was a matter of the heart. Sandel have an open door policy for visiting your child's classroom (which I often do). It brings comfort to know that I'm sending my child to a school where learning and educating the child is the number one priority. Sandel is a very good school.

Sandel Elementary School 4

Posted September 29, 2005
I think Sandel is an excellent school and represents Richland School District One well. Any parent would be happy to send their child to this school. The children are receiving an excellent education. There are computers in all classrooms, the media center, as well as an excellent computer lab. There are many extra-curricular actvities available to students. If you value education, Sandel is an excellent choice.

Posted September 29, 2005
This is a good school were your child can grow and learn in a caring environment.My child is constantly being challenged, I would recommend this school to anyone.

Sandel Elementary School 1

Posted January 27, 2005
This is the worst school I have ever come across. The quality of the academic program is horrible as well as the materials that the children have access to. The level of parent involement is slim and next to none. If you value education, please do not send your child here.

Sandel Elementary School
2700 Seminole Rd, Columbia, SC  29210
Last modified Sandel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sandel Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top