Columbia High School 2

Posted February 11, 2014
I have recently moved to columbia sc and columbia high school is a ok school but not perfect. There are some things I dont like about this school . First the school does have many fun days such as spirit week they have spirit week but its not very spirity type its a very carless school. They also dont have homecoming which i belive every high school should have that. Also if your child has an IEP there not very good with helping your child stay on track and giving them the extra tutors and help that they need,some of the teaches are very unorganized and very carless about the kids work not being graded and teachers caring more about the little things then being focused on helping the kids get a high school diploma. I think this columbia high school could do a lot better if they just put effort into trying to make it a better school, then maybe they would become a known popular school for the adults to put there kids in.

Columbia High School 1

Posted October 27, 2012
I moved to SC recently and enrolled my son who is 15 in the 9th grade, in Columbia High. If your child has an IEP, this is the worst school to send them. If they have to be in a "Self Contained" class, they will get no credit for attending high school only a certificate at graduation for attendance. Their curriculum for this class is only GED Prep and that's all they will learn. The staff is too busy to "Deal" with parents questions or concerns. Poor poor quality of education and treatment of kids with disabilities. The only reason I rate it one star, is because i couldn't submit this unless I did.

Columbia High School 0

Posted October 09, 2010
my 2 sons graduated from there!

Columbia High School 0

Posted December 07, 2009
My child will graduate from Columbia High School this year. Thus far she has been accepted by two colleges. She is working closely with the counselors. She is involved in various activities, one being FBLA. She has excelled tremendously. She is a representative for the state. Columbia has been wonderful her 9th-11th grade year and I expect for her to come out on top this year. She has done well on the ACT increasing her score each time takes the exam. I have been quite involved in her education and around for a majority of the activities and I believe that makes the difference overall.

Columbia High School 3

Posted October 02, 2009
I am a former student of Columbia High and I graduated in 2006. I feel that Columbia High did not teach me the much needed skills to be a successful freshman in college. I struggled my freshman year because I had to teach myself how to study, and how to manage time. Columbia High has a very cherished and intimate school setting that aids students in SAT/ACT score but does not prepare students mentally for college success.

Columbia High School 1

Posted July 17, 2007
- a former student
I attended Columbia High School and graduated in 2002. I am making sure that when my own children enter school they are in a different zone. I feel like I would have been better prepared for college if I had attended another school.

Columbia High School 5

Posted May 31, 2007
As a parent of two students who have graduated and one who is a jr. I feel CHS is the best kept secret of Richland #1. Students have the opportunity to expand themselves wether it be academically or through music and athletics. There is a great Student Council and ROTC.The band isn't bad either. Our students have done exceptionably well on the End of Course Exams and AP exams this has been accomplished through hard work of caring teachers.

Columbia High School 4

Posted November 28, 2005
- a former student
i was a former student at Columbia High for two years and the entire time i was there it was always a great experience. one of the things that i loved about the high school was that everyone knew each other and there were a lot of friendly students. one of the best things that could have happen to me was joining the JROTC program. It showed me alot and to this day i am still taking in what i have learned in the JROTC program at columbia High school.

Columbia High School 4

Posted March 28, 2005

Columbia High School 5

Posted March 08, 2005
- a former student
Columbia High school is a very good school for anyones children to attend. The teachers take the time to listen to each child and to help each one in the best way possible. Many activities are offered throughout the school year; it is basically up to the student to take the chance and envolve themselves. The J.R.O.T.C program is one of the best in the state and is a great way for your student to discipline themselves and to just get involved.

Columbia High School
1701 Westchester Dr, Columbia, SC  29210
Last modified Columbia High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Columbia High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top