Bad
Good

Eau Claire High School 1

Posted January 11, 2013
I dont even understand on what grounds and abilities that the district officials have appointed the new principal . It lloks like the secretary runs the school. The dictatorship and lack of knowledge of the principal is changing the environment of the school . Its not fun any more to go to school either for a student or a teacher .

Eau Claire High School 1

Posted April 11, 2012
I graduated from this school way back in 1978. And after reading through some of these post, I just smile and shake my head. From the sound of things not much has changed after all these years. I couldn't wait to get out of there. You had to be able to fight and defend yourself on a daily basis, just to be able to go to school and hopefully, hopefully get an education. You always had to have your guard up, and...oh well, just nevermind. And they have the nerve to call it a school? It was more like a combat zone. Thank God I moved away from the area and none of my children had to go there!

Eau Claire High School 5

Posted August 30, 2009
I recently graduated from Eau Claire High School on May 28, 2009! I currently attend Tuskegee University! Eau Claire High School is the greatest, I am a proud alumni and I encourage anyone to attend this excellent school! Yes, you hear bad things about EC but its what you do that matters! Eau Claire is just a building, its the students, teachers, parents, friends, etc. who makes the community as wonderful as it is! So I love Eau Claire which have prepared me for my college days at Tuskegee University!

Posted November 06, 2007
Eau Claire is just like any other school. They have about 15 to 20 kids who just do not want to be there and cause trouble from day one. While I was teaching there, the administration did a great job dealing with these kids and made changes to make Eau Claire a better school. The State Newspaper seems to have an inside line to what takes place at this school. They only report on the school when something negative takes place. If Eau Claire has a fight between just two students the newspaper reports it. Other schools have problems but you never read about them in the paper like you do about Eau Claire. This school is making changes every year in hopes of improving test scores. Parent involvement is turning around for the better and Eau Claire's future looks bright. I enjoyed teaching there.

Posted February 24, 2007
Yes my two children are currently attending Eau Claire High School. ECHS is a wonderful school, its ashame that the media only wants to put the negative news out on blast.The news never come to see how hard the students work in class, how many students has become and honor roll student at ECHS nor how the teachers are preparing the students for success.Compared to the past couple of years ECHS has made an outstanding rise in the test scores since the year 2004 and last years 2006 Eau Claire graduates set a record for the highest SAT scores since Eau Claire has been built which is wonderful and the news didnt put that in the media.

Eau Claire High School 3

Posted October 21, 2006
I know that everybody expects Eau Claire to be a terrible school for any of their children, but my 2 years there so far have helped me become aware of the community and what we all must do to make it a better place for future children to learn.

Posted September 12, 2006
Twenty(+)years ago Eau Claire High School provided me with a quality education and a solid foundation which enriched my collegiate experiences and now professional attributes to society.I will continue to work in the Eau Claire Community and School setting as a 'Change Agent' for the betterment of it's mission.

Posted May 12, 2006
I am a freshman at Eau Claire High School and I belive that this school is right for any child, black or white. This school has taught me alot and I hope to become successful in my life. Just because the school percentage is mostly black that doesn't mean it is a bad school. Eau Claire is my life and plan on joining the NFL after I get a athletic scholarship to a college of my choice. Eau Claire may not be the best school for your child to go to, but it is a very good school to go to. When I get children I will be sending them to Eau Claire for their education. If I don't get to the NFL I plan on teaching at Eau Claire an making it a better school than people say it is.

Eau Claire High School 5

Posted January 27, 2005
I am a student at Eau Claire High School and from my opinion this is a very good school. Though our school is prodominatly black we still have students and teachers from all different colors, race, and nationalalities. We have a good learning enviornment and one day i hope to have my own Funeral business and with the education that im recieving from Eau Claire High School i feel i am going to achieve that goal after i graduate. My mother, aunts, and uncles all graduated from here and thery all are successful adults. In conclusion Eau Claire is a good School and it has a very good learing enviornment. If you dont believe me look at the Indiana Pacers Power Foward 'Jermaine O'Neal' what school did he attend when he got drafted out of high school now he's one of the best in the NBA from my opinion at least.

Eau Claire High School

Posted January 18, 2005
I do not have any children that attend this school but I had 2 nieces to attend there. I think the school is as good as any other school. Just because a few students decide to travel the wrong road in life does not make every student in the school bad. Also as I was reading the other ratings, I noticed that the person who stated 'the school was for fools' should have been very embarassed to write the statement. First of all she needs to learn how to spell and secondly, if she attended Eau Claire at any point in her life, she should have learned the proper way to use words. With all that said, Eau Claire is a great school. My nieces are doing great and are now in college.

Eau Claire High School
4800 Monticello Rd, Columbia, SC  29203
Last modified Eau Claire High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.