Posted March 24, 2014
My oldest daughter is finishing up her freshman year at A.C. Flora and we have been very impressed with the school. As an honors student, she's continued to be challenged and excel. The IB and theatre arts programs are outstanding. This is a top public high school in a great neighborhood.

Posted July 07, 2013
A. C. Flora high school is a great school that offers a balanced education for all students. I am most proud of the way the current principal, Richard McClure strives to focus on all students not just those in AP/IB programs. I am especially proud of their Falcons in Flight program which mentor and tutor students at risk of failing.

Posted July 23, 2010
I have a son who was at this school for his Freshmen and Sophomore year. I heard mix reviews prior to him attending. We were very disappointed and moved him into District Two schools. My son who was a an Honors student was constantly harasses in the halls. Discipline is awful. The Principal doesn't seem to have a clue to the chaos going on in the halls. The school caters to a few kids, who's parents seem to run the school. Kids and teachers seem to be flocking out of the school on a yearly basis. Several parents expressed our concerns to the Principal but he was clueless. The teachers seem to care and several are quite good but the learning environment and the safety of kids is not addressed. Stay away!!!! Should be a 0 for the Principal

A. C. Flora High School 0

Posted October 05, 2009
I graduated from Flora and my daughter did as well. Both of us received an excellent education from dedicated, smart teachers. Flora continues to rank high in the scores of its current students on various national tests. It's a great school!

Posted September 24, 2009

A. C. Flora High School 4

Posted July 29, 2009

A. C. Flora High School 2

Posted March 30, 2009
Our daugher has nearly finished 9th grade at Flora, and we have been largely disappointed. She has several excellent teachers, and the IB program is reputedly a good option for juniors and seniors. Unfortunately, the school seems quite disorganized. Safety is an issue and basic communication to parents/students is poor. Many of the basic classes are overcrowded or full--for instance, my daughter was stuck in a 'High School 101' elective that's a complete waste of time, because there were no available seats in any other elective or academic course. While we entered this IB high school with high hopes, we are applying to transfer her to a different high school next year.

Posted February 27, 2008

Posted July 23, 2007
This is aevante and I am rating this school because of how hard working the teachers are and how the principal is spectacular at demanding the teachers,also the school is in perfect shape.

Posted July 20, 2006
Thank God ....We now have a new principal ! Hopefully, the old principal was not able to drive away all the wonderful teachers at A C Flora. I only hope the new principal can fix all the damage. The IB program at Flora is the best! The parent involvement and the athletes at Flora are great !

A. C. Flora High School
One Falcon Dr, Columbia, SC  29204
Last modified A. C. Flora High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
A. C. Flora High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top