Posted July 19, 2013
Caughman Road is a great school . The teachers are helpful and provided a great deal of information to parents during parent conferences. I would like to however see more events that focuses on learning involving the parents and children. I think this will help to improve the community and school relationship.

Caughman Road Elementary School 1

Posted May 01, 2013
Disappointing! Lack of communication, staff members do not speak to or treat parents as adults. I do not recommend this school to any parent! The only positive that this school has is the after school program held by Edventures.

Caughman Road Elementary School 3

Posted June 02, 2011
I like Caughman Rd. but I was dissappointed that they didn't have a ceremony for the kindergardens. My daughter is in the kindergarden and my friends that also have children in the kindergarden told me about their schools kindergarden ceremony.

Caughman Road Elementary School 5

Posted February 05, 2007

Posted August 26, 2005
This is my son's 4th year at the school. I think that his teacher has done a great job. My son was able to have the same teacher from 1st grade through 3rd grade and I thought that was wonderful. She really gets to know the kids and has helped my son tremendously. She has done a great job. I was able to communicate with her at all times, whether it is in the classroom or by email. Thank you Mrs. Joiner.

Caughman Road Elementary School 0

Posted August 03, 2005
I am very disappointed with the registration process. We are new to the area and within days of moving here, we registered our daughter for 1st grade. Being new to the school, I would have expected to receive information about the school, arrival times, bus schedules, teacher/parent orientations, student/classroom orientation, etc. When I turned in her registration packet, I was told 'thank you.' That's it. I asked if I would receive any info and I was told I would get everything in the mail. All I got was a letter with her teacher's name. Going to the open house bash, I met her teacher and now because she is 5, she is not allowed to be in 1st grade and will have to repeat grade K. I should have been told this at registration. They tell me it's too late to appeal...all appeals are done in the summer. I am disappointed.

Caughman Road Elementary School 3

Posted December 14, 2004
I have not been pleased with the situation my daughter has been in at Caughman Rd School. She is a minority in her class and I beleive that she is discriminated against on a regular basis. I also worry about the communication between parents, teachers, and administration at this school. I have tried numerous times to set up conferences with little progress. After viewing the report card for 2004, my concerns continued to grow. Although I appreciate the teacher and her efforts, I also feel that more could be done on the administration and district levels to improve this school-especially as far as demographics are concerned. Sidenote: Why is there no crossing guard at this school? Written by a concerned parent and teacher

Posted June 14, 2004
My daughter has been attending Caughman Elementary for the past 4hrs. She has been a honor roll student for the past 3 yrs. I feel that the teachers have a good relationship with their students. They are truly there to help the children. They also show the children that school can be fun. They have many educational contest and clubs for the students to participate in. This is one of the many things my daughter loves to take part of. My daugher use to be very shy,the above events have helped her to be more out spoken in the public. Most of the events are group/class associated. I believe that allows the students to fill more comfortable and not singled out. Keep up the Great Job!

Caughman Road Elementary School
7725 Caughman Rd, Columbia, SC  29209
Last modified Caughman Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Caughman Road Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top