Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

There is no leadership at this school

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The children fight my child was slapped in the back of neck because it was some game kids made up and play at the school

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

My child is failing they need to recognize that a child is struggling before its to late so they can help them.

My child is failing and its the 3rd quarter they just are telling me this now this should have been adressed sooner

Amount of homework: Disagree

They dont tell you your kids missing homework untill its to late

The teachers are terrible. My son had a math teacher who was fired from another school district and then was hired by Crayton. He had problems learning in several classes because the teachers could not keep the students under control. The principal would not transfer my son to other classes when it was requested. I had another child who would grade tests, including her own, for a teacher because then the teacher did not have to do as much work. My son had a teacher who called him by the wrong name all year. When you express you concerns in school meetings all the administrators do is defend the teachers.

We are leaving Crayton because of the reasons stated in the comments here already. The African American kids fight like crazy in the hallway. My daughter was literally tackled to the floor in the cafeteria because some boys were playing a game. She was injured and all of the kids saw this but not one teacher came to see what was happening and she was too afraid to say anything. She is not bullied on a normal basis, either. The kids are just unruly and play all sorts of physical games like knocking each other over or bear hugging each other from behind, which makes my daughter very uncomfortable. She is in all AAP classes and I have to say, the teachers she has are deplorable. She can't even understand one of them. Several have made comments about how they don't get paid enough and other ridiculous things. She has told me on numerous occasions that a teacher told them this or that, which is absolutely incorrect information. Cafeteria food is terrible, hallways between classes are unsafe with girls beating each other up between classes. Some teachers are alright while others are terrible. My daughter overall hated going there.

As a former student I must say that I feel this school was fairly dangerous for a middle school. There were fights on a regular basis (and I mean girls hitting each other in the face with shoes/ripping off each other's clothes etc.) There were also many disrespectful students who were disruptive in class and some teachers who seemed disinterested in teaching (or maybe just worn-down) other teachers were great. It's as shame that as few bad apples have to ruin it for the rest!

Well to me Crayton is the best but not very challenging because I'm in all aap classes including MEGSSS and all the classes are a breeze. Yea the school is kind of broken up into cliques but what do you expect it's middle school. But we do have excellent teachers and I've read all the other reviews and in my defense I say that yea Crayton kids can get a little wild but we also get our work done and if someone isn't getting good grades our teachers work to help. Besides not to brag or anything but our activities out of school is great. P.S. No ethic group is making Crayton out of control or making the teacher job difficult. Every ethic group brings something to the table at Crayton.

Teachers are usually a hit or miss. You either get an excellent teacher who really tries to help you learn and keep you out of trouble, or someone who constantly gets corrected by students. Fights are common, and there were 2 pregnant STUDENTS in the 8th grade. Administrators pick favorites. Try as hard as you can to get your child into AAP classes. Grade level and ACE classes are full of rude children who will prevent them from learning. Go to Hand if you can. From an ex student.

Last modified Crayton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.