Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The teachers are terrible. My son had a math teacher who was fired from another school district and then was hired by Crayton. He had problems learning in several classes because the teachers could not keep the students under control. The principal would not transfer my son to other classes when it was requested. I had another child who would grade tests, including her own, for a teacher because then the teacher did not have to do as much work. My son had a teacher who called him by the wrong name all year. When you express you concerns in school meetings all the administrators do is defend the teachers.

We are leaving Crayton because of the reasons stated in the comments here already. The African American kids fight like crazy in the hallway. My daughter was literally tackled to the floor in the cafeteria because some boys were playing a game. She was injured and all of the kids saw this but not one teacher came to see what was happening and she was too afraid to say anything. She is not bullied on a normal basis, either. The kids are just unruly and play all sorts of physical games like knocking each other over or bear hugging each other from behind, which makes my daughter very uncomfortable. She is in all AAP classes and I have to say, the teachers she has are deplorable. She can't even understand one of them. Several have made comments about how they don't get paid enough and other ridiculous things. She has told me on numerous occasions that a teacher told them this or that, which is absolutely incorrect information. Cafeteria food is terrible, hallways between classes are unsafe with girls beating each other up between classes. Some teachers are alright while others are terrible. My daughter overall hated going there.

As a former student I must say that I feel this school was fairly dangerous for a middle school. There were fights on a regular basis (and I mean girls hitting each other in the face with shoes/ripping off each other's clothes etc.) There were also many disrespectful students who were disruptive in class and some teachers who seemed disinterested in teaching (or maybe just worn-down) other teachers were great. It's as shame that as few bad apples have to ruin it for the rest!

Well to me Crayton is the best but not very challenging because I'm in all aap classes including MEGSSS and all the classes are a breeze. Yea the school is kind of broken up into cliques but what do you expect it's middle school. But we do have excellent teachers and I've read all the other reviews and in my defense I say that yea Crayton kids can get a little wild but we also get our work done and if someone isn't getting good grades our teachers work to help. Besides not to brag or anything but our activities out of school is great. P.S. No ethic group is making Crayton out of control or making the teacher job difficult. Every ethic group brings something to the table at Crayton.

Teachers are usually a hit or miss. You either get an excellent teacher who really tries to help you learn and keep you out of trouble, or someone who constantly gets corrected by students. Fights are common, and there were 2 pregnant STUDENTS in the 8th grade. Administrators pick favorites. Try as hard as you can to get your child into AAP classes. Grade level and ACE classes are full of rude children who will prevent them from learning. Go to Hand if you can. From an ex student.

We moved to Columbia this school year. My child had previousl attended a very good private school with an incredibly strong academic profile. We have found Crayton to be great -- my child is enjoying the diversity of the student body and the strong teaching across AAP and MEGS. This is what public school should be. Keep it up, Crayton!

I go to Crayton right now. I am begging my parents to let me leave BECAUSE there are fights in halls almost EVERYDAY! Not drama fights physical fights. 2nd, the principal favors people. I once went to the office because I was hit and punched, So the girls who did it said, 'Ohh we were just kidding" to the principal and get off with no punishment whatsoever. Third, the kids who have a disibility don't ever get in trouble just a warning. Finally, the cafiteria food is TERRIBLE! The food looks like its going to crawl away on the floor.

truthfully, i was really scared. i was a new student this year & i hated it at firstt. but then i got to know everyone & really, its not a bad school. im gonna miss it. the teachers are good and it has a really friendly environment.

I have read responses on this school that were posted back in 2008. It is now 2010. It is SHAMEFUL that nothing has been done about the unruly children at this school. Yesterday, I picked my daughter up from school and while she was walking to the car, I knew something was wrong. When she got in, I asked her what was wrong and she burst out in tears. This is just unacceptable. She is a 6th grader and the first two weeks of school she was excited and happy to go to middle school. When I dropped her off this morning, she said AND I QUOTE.... "I hate the sight of Crayton". I'm sorry but this is just crazy. I don't care about all of the GOOD/GREAT reviews Crayton has recieved here or anywhere else. This school does not care about students who are really there to learn. They do not protect the children who ARE behaving. I sat and observed the class in which my daughter has peer problems, these 2 teachers allowed the unruly children to roam around the classroom, bother other students, blurt out in class, yell shut up to the other students and did NOTHING about it. This is ridiculouse. I BEG OF YOU, PLEASE, PLEASE do not send your child to this school.

i am a current student at crayton and i have read all the reviews made but the reviews putting our school down is wrong...Crayton is a school to make a difference the teachers work with us to make all of our jobs and expectations easier and yet still knoledgeable and yes students get refferals but isnt that at all schools???WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT CRAYTON....no student ever leaves the same they leave better than before no matter if its on the inside or out...i love my school and every staff member there.our teachers challenge us and even if it drives us crazy in the end we appreciate every last moment...Strive on Crayton!strive on...this school is the best!--SHOUTOUT to Mrs.Little the best history teacher anyone could ever ask for!!!

Last modified Crayton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.