Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

There are teachers that I've seen immediately label children and show little to no interest in helping children from the low income areas. All children deserve a chance. The same effort should be poured into each and every child so that they all have equal opportunities of success.

Great school! We love the staff and teachers! My boys have done very well there. We love the new principal!

Wonderful neighborhood school! Caring and passionate teachers and a very impressive new Principal. Parent of a 1st grader and extremely impressed with the character building efforts to promote responsibility, kindness, and importance of learning. Very happy we chose to send our child to this great school.

Not too big and not too small public school. Situated in a beautiful sidewalk lined neighborhood, next to Woodland Park. A new principal begins the 2014-2015 school year with lots of energy. Monthly events sponsored by the PTO encourage families to interact. The school has elected with full participation to wear uniforms (this parent loves this). Many houses in the neighborhood were built in the late 60's/70's, some original families are moving out and many young families are moving in. As a homeowner in the neighborhood since 2007 and a parent of a current 3rd and 5K student, these are my observations.

Meadowfield is a wonderful school that just has a bad reputation. If more neighborhood families would give Meadowfield a chance, they would probably find that they really liked it and their kids could be very successful there. Meadowfield has some of the best and most carig teachers around. They are fully invested in the children's education. Some of the teachers even attend some of their students' sporting events! They are wonderful! The Paideia model has been wonderful for us. They learn actively and in a "real life" sort of way. The PTO is very great. It is very organized, and the parents are very involved in making this a great school to attend. If you are considering sending your children to Meadowfield, don't listen to your friend's friend's realtor who says it's not a good school; come into the school and see for yourself. We have prospective parent meetings, and the staff is always willing to give you a tour or sit down with you to discuss your child's academic needs. As they say, "Don't knock it 'til you try it."

Situated in a safe, walkable neighborhood, with many sidewalks and a variety of home styles, prices and sizes. This is a public school that requires uniforms and teaches by using the 'Paideia' method, a type of active and project driven learning. A new principal will replace the soon retiring Mrs. Stephens. All candidates show great promise. Exciting times for growth and improvement. Many activities throughout the year by the PTO.

Meadowfield is a wonderful school. The school teaches citizenship, introduces moral principles, and encourages high self-esteem and self-worth. Academically, the school has a top notch team of educators helping our children learn an aggressive and comprehensive series of math, science, language arts, social studies, and history courses, meeting and exceeding the state's requirements. Our children are among the highest grade scoring in the state. PTO needs improvement on involving ALL parents and not making us feel there is a "click" or favorited group among the population. For instance, not enough OPEN meetings, no genuine acceptance of proposed ideas, and of course, the hypocritical conduct during the meetings. (Our students are taught the Paideia concept, -everyone deserves to be heard -when one speaks, all should listen-) but during the meetings, PTO members talk over each other, conduct sideline conversations with whispers that exponentially become louder and those of us nonmembers who raise our hands are not acknowledged nearly half of the time. PTO does functions well with fundraisers, and various projects as IT sees fit. Meadowfield is the best school in Richland County.

Meadowfield is a great school. The teachers were always professional, interested, and attentive to both the children and parents. In middle and high school, my children and their Meadowfield peers have assimilated and performed as well as or better than their classmates from other elementary schools. As with any other school, there will always be room for improvement and challenges to overcome, but this school is undeservedly underrated and underutilized by families zoned for it. Meadowfield will teach your children as well as any other school, if not better - especially if you send them prepared and with high expectations for learning.

My daughter is and has been a student at Meadowfield for 3 years already. She is about to start fourth grade AAP classes this fall and I couldn't be more excited. This school has been an awesome instrument in her showing of potential. The staff has been great. Always eager to explain the things the children are working on. Never agitated at suprise visits and from what I've seen, have been very humble. I volunteer on the PTO as often as possible. The school promotes safety in and away from school. It has taken steps towards eliminating bullying, and has a very good school uniform policy that make life as a parent so much easier. I love this school. I picked my current home to be in the zone for this school. Among others I have visited and my child had attended, I've found this to be the best as far as quality in service, class size, parents are given the oportuity to give input on some school programs (I.e. Spanish over French this year which I found made more since with so many Hispanic's to communicate with now). Not only speaking for my child. I find the school to be a place of excellence for educating our children.

I couldn't agree more with the July 10, 2013 posting--I have also been an involved parent of two children who attend Meadowfield. We have found the teachers and other faculty to be extremely dedicated to their students and parents--my children's teachers have often gone above and beyond (with very limited resources!) to create a respectful, engaging, and exciting hands-on learning environment. We've also found that there is not a one-size fits all approach at this school--they meet the students where they are and give them the tools to learn and grow. We are also grateful for our neighborhood public school and greatly appreciate the diversity!

Last modified Meadowfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.