Bad
Good

This is the worst school my daughter been to....EVER...Teachers are rude ,,just like the front staff ...after i got told my daughter should come during lunch break to get help for math ,,,,either the class was locked or the teacher would be like they have no time to help ..they tell you one thing ,,then turn around and have a different story for you the next time ...i plan on moving so my child can go to another school

As a parent, my experience with SAMS has been quite an interesting journey. Starting with the principal, he is very motivated and concerned about student achievement, and he has and open door policy. He is up-to-date wiith materials and software that enhances student success. The staff, just like at ANY other school are highly qualified and trained to teach students who want to learn, and not just come to school to practice how to pretend to be an adult when away from the supervision of their parents. Parent involvement is essential, and rewarding for the student. My son is entering his 8th grade year and we are ver excited about it. I've learned that if you are looking to be successful in anything that is waht you are going to get.

"AND I QUOTE, St. Andrews is a sorry excuse for a school and education. I attend there now and am not satisified with the education that is taught at this school and with the faculty. I have been here for three years and have NEVER enjoyed this so called learning environment.I'm so sick of teachers forever accusing us students without letting us explain our reasons or for the wrong thing and thinking their always right. Teachers tell us to give them respect but they dont give us no respect. You got to give respect to get it. This is how i feel!!

St. Andrews Middle is a poor example of Richland One! My son attended there for a little over a month and I had no choice but to pull him from the school and move him! The only positive experience he had there was that his orchestra teacher was really wonderful! In advanced placement classes, his assignments were on lessons my son was taught 2 years prior in Lexington District Two! And the fact that St. Andrews is a uni-race school, is awful! My son was one of 9 white children out of 900 or so students! He was changing to try to fit in during a difficult transition period from elementary to middle school anyway! I had to move my son to Hand Middle. He received an excellent education there and he was actually challenged! St. Andrews Middle needs some drastic improvements to even compare to other schools in Richland One!

I am a current studen at ST Andrews and i have to get my dad to come up to the school and beg the teacher to give extra work to help fix my grade because they don't listen to the students and they don't know how to teach.....

I graduated in may and I believe that this school has gotten better. There is a more mixture of races here now, and the education is pretty good. Most of the teachers I had though are leaving

Last modified St. Andrews Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.