Posted April 19, 2014
This school is really one of the good ones. I have had my son at RCE for 3 years now. The principal (Sean Bishton) is awesome and the staff is easy to talk to. The teachers are not every man for himself , but instead have a community and share knowledge of what works & what doesn t. When my child was behind in the beginning (K), he got the attention he needed to catch back up. This year he s thriving (3rd) and gets ahead of the other students and is encouraged by getting worksheets to keep him learning/practicing rather than getting the opportunity to get bored. And I just want to state that my child has always been the minority in each of his classes, yet this has not even been a factor (you just never know how that will play out, but I wanted to put any other curious parents minds to rest who may be looking into this school). This school works awesome for the hands off or the hands on parent. There are plenty of ways to really immerse yourself in your child s school experience, but is certainly not required. I would definitely give this school a better rating than its current 7.

Posted September 20, 2013
This school is very organized. I have had two kids attend RCE and I have completely satisfied.

Posted September 10, 2013
NSE is a well run school. Our son has attended for two years now and we specifically chose to stay in the home we're renting to afford him the opportunity to stay at NSE. He has enjoyed his teachers and the staff have been very helpful every time we need anything.

Rice Creek Elementary School 4

Posted April 24, 2013
My daughter has attended this school for about 4 months now. We are a military family and unfortunately had to relocate in the middle of the school year. The principle, her teachers and the students made her transition so smooth and easy. They were all welcoming from day 1, and made her feel right at home. Coming from Texas, I did notice that the curriculum here is not as challenging but she still learns a lot. My favorite thing about this school is that they still let the kids have fun while learning. They go on a lot of field trips, offer many after school activities and always have something going on for the students, whether it be a book fair or school concert. I also like that they allow parents to come in and eat lunch with their children whenever they want. Only negative is the pick up and drop off procedures. Its a long and somewhat chaotic process.

Rice Creek Elementary School 1

Posted December 14, 2011
My son was going to Rice Creek , in kindergarten and this is the worst experience he ever had. The teacher are just observers and watch if a child does wrong and when they do something wrong all they do is write a note and suspend as if suspension was the only option. There's a total lack of structure, from the class to the drop off line in the morning, it is a total chaos. Administrators are rude and one of them Mrs Benson even pushed my son away at front of my eyes. I'm disgusted by this school, they do not have any clue on how to run a school....my son was traumatised by this experience, he heard several times the administrator and principal say that they do not want him. What a thing to hear from a principal, no profesionalisme.

Rice Creek Elementary School 2

Posted September 27, 2010
I am a very involved parent with several children at rice creek. The only thing my children are learning is how to perform on standardized tests. The politics are taking over the school and the children are suffering. Nobody seems to notice the drop in rating since the new principal came in.Tens of thousands of dollars were spent on a high tech e-fit lab, and yet Spanish class got cut this year, buses are triple routed and I am told that art may be next. Trying to make a positive change is futile. Any suggestion is immediately shot down. There are some exceptional teachers at this school. Unfortunately, even they are getting jaded by the demands placed on them. It seems that they are required to do everything BUT instill a love of

Posted August 19, 2010
Well my son just started kindergarten, and so far i love everything about this school, the children seem very excited about learning and my son really likes his teacher

Posted April 27, 2010
The principal, faculty and staff are all great at this school. Students come first and politics do not stand in the way of taking care of the academic, mental and physical needs of the students. The school boasts a very caring and nurturing environment and my hat is off to this fabulous group of educators!

Posted May 14, 2009
this is a great school!! :) my little kid loves it!

Posted May 14, 2009
This school is great it helps you learn, help you with your goal and help you with your manners. I have to say 'this school is great'

Rice Creek Elementary School
4751 Hard Scrabble Rd, Columbia, SC  29229
Last modified Rice Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rice Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top