Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I am visiting from California. I walked my 1st grade grandchild to school, along with my 2 year old grandson in a stroller. I was shocked at the lack of safe sidewalks, I walked alongside the large amount of cars, I can not believe you have no safe walking areas at an elementary school, this needs to be addressed asap before some innocent child walking to school gets hit by a car. I will be following up on this.

We've been a part of the RCE family since 2012 and our family's experience has been great. My daughter is excited to go to school and learn, which of course excites me. I do think the curriculum could be a little more challenging but that might have more to do with the common core initiative. I thank God for blessing us to be a part of such a great school. The teachers (and other staff members) are easy to talk to and really seem to have a love for their jobs and most of all, the students. The students are a lot different from the children I remember going to school with...they all seem to be very friendly and respectful of one another which is great. I imagine that has a lot to with their home life but I think it also shows that RCE promotes an environment that allows children to be their best at all times.

I am an unsatisfied parent. My complaint is more so with a particular teacher. This teacher punished my child because of the word of another child. (A single kindergartner) She questioned my child and when my child said he didn't do the thing he was accused of, she called him a liar. I don't understand how you can assume my child was the lying party, when you didn't witness anything in the first place. She went on to even write him up over something she did not hear herself. This same teacher took a watch from my son, without notifying me. When I found out from my crying child, I wrote a letter requesting it back. Instead of complying she wrote a sassy, attitude riddled letter in response. It took two weeks to get it back, after I had to go over her head to the assistant principle. The AS agreed that the teacher did not follow correct protocol. Needless to say, I'm enrolling my child in a different school. Other than this bad egg, most of the other teachers seem decent. I feel like there was some prejudice with this particular teacher.

This school is really one of the good ones. I have had my son at RCE for 3 years now. The principal (Sean Bishton) is awesome and the staff is easy to talk to. The teachers are not every man for himself , but instead have a community and share knowledge of what works & what doesn t. When my child was behind in the beginning (K), he got the attention he needed to catch back up. This year he s thriving (3rd) and gets ahead of the other students and is encouraged by getting worksheets to keep him learning/practicing rather than getting the opportunity to get bored. And I just want to state that my child has always been the minority in each of his classes, yet this has not even been a factor (you just never know how that will play out, but I wanted to put any other curious parents minds to rest who may be looking into this school). This school works awesome for the hands off or the hands on parent. There are plenty of ways to really immerse yourself in your child s school experience, but is certainly not required. I would definitely give this school a better rating than its current 7.

This school is very organized. I have had two kids attend RCE and I have completely satisfied.

NSE is a well run school. Our son has attended for two years now and we specifically chose to stay in the home we're renting to afford him the opportunity to stay at NSE. He has enjoyed his teachers and the staff have been very helpful every time we need anything.

My daughter has attended this school for about 4 months now. We are a military family and unfortunately had to relocate in the middle of the school year. The principle, her teachers and the students made her transition so smooth and easy. They were all welcoming from day 1, and made her feel right at home. Coming from Texas, I did notice that the curriculum here is not as challenging but she still learns a lot. My favorite thing about this school is that they still let the kids have fun while learning. They go on a lot of field trips, offer many after school activities and always have something going on for the students, whether it be a book fair or school concert. I also like that they allow parents to come in and eat lunch with their children whenever they want. Only negative is the pick up and drop off procedures. Its a long and somewhat chaotic process.

My son was going to Rice Creek , in kindergarten and this is the worst experience he ever had. The teacher are just observers and watch if a child does wrong and when they do something wrong all they do is write a note and suspend as if suspension was the only option. There's a total lack of structure, from the class to the drop off line in the morning, it is a total chaos. Administrators are rude and one of them Mrs Benson even pushed my son away at front of my eyes. I'm disgusted by this school, they do not have any clue on how to run a school....my son was traumatised by this experience, he heard several times the administrator and principal say that they do not want him. What a thing to hear from a principal, no profesionalisme.

I am a very involved parent with several children at rice creek. The only thing my children are learning is how to perform on standardized tests. The politics are taking over the school and the children are suffering. Nobody seems to notice the drop in rating since the new principal came in.Tens of thousands of dollars were spent on a high tech e-fit lab, and yet Spanish class got cut this year, buses are triple routed and I am told that art may be next. Trying to make a positive change is futile. Any suggestion is immediately shot down. There are some exceptional teachers at this school. Unfortunately, even they are getting jaded by the demands placed on them. It seems that they are required to do everything BUT instill a love of

Well my son just started kindergarten, and so far i love everything about this school, the children seem very excited about learning and my son really likes his teacher

Last modified Rice Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.