Bad
Good

Great school! Best teachers so far are mrs mickle, mrs hopewell, mrs Fredrick, mrs griffin, mrs Powell and winesettegreat great great educator

Teachers dont listen administrators hands are tied they wont help. All last year my daughter and every child in the class suffered because of a child that was misbehaved and was totally out of control I complained all year and nothing was done. When my oldest child attended two years prior to my youngest child attending, on several occasions she would miss the bus and no one would call me I would freak out because I wouldn't know where my child was it is nearly impossible to get through to the school because once 2:30 hits no one is there to answer the phone if i had other options my child would not attend this school.

sorry to hear that your child had to Indore this behavior..No child needs to go through that..And if you feel that you didn't get this situation resolved the right way ...Why stop with the school take it beyond them. There is no justification on the teacher doing what she did in both situations "ignoring you and written on your child's paper.When in fact it was correct..I'm coming on this site for the first time and all I can say is wow....I've never had a problem with this school everything is always on point with the teachers and the children that attend it...I had a issue at the being at the school with someone picking on my child and it was resolved by the end of the week...I'm always notified if there is a problem that has accord with my children.I can only speak in behalf of myself and this is really a great school to attend.I also have two going and one that is going to join in two years.and the new stem program that they are starting has a lot to offer.and the 21century program that my children have attend is great..so to a parent that is looking for a school you need to take a trip to the school and have a look for yourself and figure out if this is the school for you..

To the reviewer that was obviously referring to me. First of all, I am pleased that your children are enjoying their educational years at Killian. I hope you weren't assuming that my child was "falling behind" or as if my child had "attitude" toward the school and that's why we had issues because there was no "attitude" from our child. But, if you need me to be more specific and to clarify for other parents using this website for choosing a school, here is me "backing my stuff up" ...We did numerous occasions have meetings with the teacher, vice principal and the principal himself, so we did "voice our opinions" Issues we were having were bullying and physical threats one example would be and I quote "move out of way before I throw this basketball in your ugly face" Notes on our child's test paper saying "WHAT? NONE OF THESE ARE CORRECT!!" When actually in fact they were correct. Neglect, "the teacher ignored me when I asked her something" and racism and again I quote, "move! ugly white girl" All issues brought to the teachers attention, then moved up the chain when nothing was resolved. Parents should consider other school options before possibly making a big mistake.

Worst elementary school in the district. Teachers and faculty do not care, do not address hard issues, allow bullying, allow misbehavior, horribly address discipline issues. Simply put, no organization or structure. This school needs real leadership!

i thank that this school is a good school im going to killian elementry this year and i say that because when i look through the pictures it look pretty nice and i saw most a lot of people i know that was my friend but school is not about play its about learning

I really enjoyed my daughters time in 3rd and 5th grade. They were challenged by their teachers. We are looking forward to this coming school year.

I really enjoyed my daughters Kindergarten year. Her teacher Mrs. K-day was a great teacher. My daughter left reading in a 4th grade level in K. We had to move due to military orders and I am hoping she gets the same kind of eduational benifits as she did there. Excellence is truly the expectation at Killian. Now, with every school there are down sides. I feel there wasn't enough parent envolevment. I tried to volunteer but there was nothing for me to do besides assist on field trips. And my teacher didnt have an assistant which I felt wasn't fair to her or our students. I hope this helps.

I love this school because the teachers are proactive with the student's learning and they keep you abreast of grades and changes. I like that they challenge my children. This is important to me. The principal is dedicated to this school and the students. I appreciate that.

Good school, very proactive in different programs geared toward the individual student. They offer a variety of programs that focus on the childs ability. I am disappointed that they, as well as, the district, do not offer programs to assist children in the younger grades with reading readiness.

Last modified Killian Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.