Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Agree

They believe strongly in family time after school rather than hours of tedious homework. They try to follow the formula of (10 minutes of homework x grade level). Example: 3rd grade =30 minutes of homework. I like that my daughter would bring home a math packet on Monday that was due by Friday, but she could work on it at her own pace. And Reading at any age is always encouraged!

I love Forest Lake Elementary! My daughter has been there for two years now, and my son will be starting this year. I was amazed at the amount of technology available in each classroom, especially for a public school! We have had only positive experiences at Forest Lake. The teachers and administration truly desire to see the students succeed. We are in the Elementary Learning Collaborative School (ELC) and my daughter really enjoys it. We had to do Choice Application to get into Forest Lake and it was worth it!

My school is great because the student are in a great and safe learning environment. The children are getting a well rounded education by learning about different country and cultures. The students are very diverse,

Forest Lake Elementary School is a wonderful school from the staff and teachers who cares and love the children in regards to their education and safety to the amount that the institution has to offer. The parents are also very involved in their children's education to include NASA Night and other important and outstanding events. Leadership is at its best, and the extracurricular activities available are phenomenal! My granddaughter attends Forest Lake; however, my children attended this school as well! This school will embrace and welcome with open arms! Dr. Steck and her staff are wonderful! Excellent school!

Forest lake elementary school is an excellent choice, as it focuses on childs strengths and weaknesses both....perfect blend of technology oriented study with traditional way...

Forest Lake is a wonderful school. My daughter was never this excited about going to her old school. She wakes up every morning excited and ready for the school day to start.

Forest Lake Elementary School is the best keep secret in Columbia! I have three children in school there and could not be happier with their academic development. The teachers are OUTSTANDING. The principal is WONDERFUL. My children in enjoy using the technology to learn. Also, the MUSIC program is the best I have seen.

I think that Forest Lake Elementary School is the best keep secret in Columbia! Not only are students challenged academically, elective classess are engaging and fun for my children. Since it is a technology magnet school, it's amazing how technology is weaved into the curriculum. I have no doubt that my children will be well rounded and ready to compete academically with the best of them as we prepare for middle school.

Faculty and staff are good; teachers are likable and love the kids and are well-schooled on what they need to teach. Facilities are clean and well-kept and there are abundant technology upgrades throughout the campus. The school does face issues though when it comes to community-building (not their fault) because the area they are zoned for draws from a wide variety of ethnic, lifestyle, and economic backgrounds where there are real differences...This is not a bad thing, but does makes it a challenge for the students and their families to relate to one another and to connect.

Wonderful school! Through moving and such our children have attended three different elementary schools over the years and this school was by far the best. The teachers were wonderfuland the was principal great! I have a child who had a few learning style issues and the teachers for several grades worked together to help make her successful. Both my children were well prepared for middle school when the time came.

Last modified Forest Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.