Posted April 24, 2014
My school is great because the student are in a great and safe learning environment. The children are getting a well rounded education by learning about different country and cultures. The students are very diverse,

Posted April 21, 2014
Forest Lake Elementary School is a wonderful school from the staff and teachers who cares and love the children in regards to their education and safety to the amount that the institution has to offer. The parents are also very involved in their children's education to include NASA Night and other important and outstanding events. Leadership is at its best, and the extracurricular activities available are phenomenal! My granddaughter attends Forest Lake; however, my children attended this school as well! This school will embrace and welcome with open arms! Dr. Steck and her staff are wonderful! Excellent school!

Posted October 24, 2013
Forest lake elementary school is an excellent choice, as it focuses on childs strengths and weaknesses both....perfect blend of technology oriented study with traditional way...

Posted September 09, 2013
Forest Lake is a wonderful school. My daughter was never this excited about going to her old school. She wakes up every morning excited and ready for the school day to start.

Posted June 28, 2013
Forest Lake Elementary School is the best keep secret in Columbia! I have three children in school there and could not be happier with their academic development. The teachers are OUTSTANDING. The principal is WONDERFUL. My children in enjoy using the technology to learn. Also, the MUSIC program is the best I have seen.

Posted October 29, 2012
I think that Forest Lake Elementary School is the best keep secret in Columbia! Not only are students challenged academically, elective classess are engaging and fun for my children. Since it is a technology magnet school, it's amazing how technology is weaved into the curriculum. I have no doubt that my children will be well rounded and ready to compete academically with the best of them as we prepare for middle school.

Forest Lake Elementary School 4

Posted October 11, 2012
Faculty and staff are good; teachers are likable and love the kids and are well-schooled on what they need to teach. Facilities are clean and well-kept and there are abundant technology upgrades throughout the campus. The school does face issues though when it comes to community-building (not their fault) because the area they are zoned for draws from a wide variety of ethnic, lifestyle, and economic backgrounds where there are real differences...This is not a bad thing, but does makes it a challenge for the students and their families to relate to one another and to connect.

Posted May 19, 2011
Wonderful school! Through moving and such our children have attended three different elementary schools over the years and this school was by far the best. The teachers were wonderfuland the was principal great! I have a child who had a few learning style issues and the teachers for several grades worked together to help make her successful. Both my children were well prepared for middle school when the time came.

Posted February 12, 2010
Forest Lake is had our family feeling like we had been there forever after we moved mid year. The teachers are helpful, caring, and welcoming. The curriculm worked with the knowledge our child had and built on it. The leadership I met at the school were informative and helpful. They quicking learned our childs name and made her feel apart from the school the first day. This is a wonderful environment that is passionate about teaching children. We Loved it. If I had one negative it would be that the all 1st grade has a newsletter and it isn't classroom specific. That is really minor as I had great communication with our child's teacher when I needed it.

Posted November 05, 2009
Forest Lake Technology Magnet School is a world class school! I am a parent of two FLE students. Academic excellence, technology integration, character education, and quality teaching and learning are just a few of this school's outstanding qualities. The principal and teachers make themselves available and parents are welcomed as partners in their child's education! This is a Nationally Recognized School of Excellence for good reasons!

Forest Lake Elementary School
6801 Brookfield Rd, Columbia, SC  29206
Last modified Forest Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forest Lake Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.