Posted December 16, 2014
I was a bit skeptical about putting my children in Windsor after seeing the rating, but it was the best choice we ever made. Windsor's teachers and staff are incredible. I have never seen a school where the teachers care so much about each child. I was blown away at the support and love that was shown. I cannot say enough good things about this school. Mrs. Elliott is a wonderful principal and does a fantastic job. Definitely the best school in South Carolina!!

Posted September 30, 2014
Great school love the principal, teachers, and staff. The teachers care about the students educations and parents are very involved in the school. One of the best schools in Richland 2.

Windsor Elementary School 4

Posted April 11, 2014
Windsor has some of the most caring and dedicated teachers I've ever met! This is my first year teaching at Windsor and I have been impressed with our staff. I have taught in several different schools (military wife) so I have seen many different school environments. I would put my own two daughters in many of these teacher's classrooms. Our grade of 2 doesn't really show our potential. In the next few years, I see our number rising steadily. We were awarded the Palmetto Silver award just yesterday. We are a magnet school with the International Baccalaureate Program. If you are interested. I suggest you call and schedule a tour of our school. Our school is very diverse. Many of our students are low income. We also have a 20% Latino population. We have embraced our diversity by using the acronym WE, Windsor Elementary. WE can accomplish anything!

Posted January 04, 2013
I can only rate for mainly the autism and child development program when my daughter went there in the year 2009-2010. My daughter was in the autism program and had Mrs Lisa Marrien. She is the BEST. She has a passion for this, and loves what she does. Her teacher assistant were great as well. I cant express how much i appreciate her for all her hard work and dedication. Its just amazing. My daughter started off as a low functioning child, and the next year she worked with her so much they transferred her to a school in Elgin(mainstream program) and now she is in the 1st grade doing awesome. She was a big help to me and im glad we chose to go to windsor for her at the time. She is great.But overall the school is nice, and the staff is involved with the kids.

Posted October 26, 2009
My son is in Kindergarten class with Ms. Shepard. And I have to say that I couldn't be much happier. He leaves home excited and comes back home wore out but excited. He tells me all about his day with his friend and teachers. They put him into an extra reading class which I am happy about. He is 5 years old and comes home adding numbers. Mr Jeffcoat is a nice man and he is hands on with his job. I do recall him coming to a field trip and helping with taking care of a few children. As far as the other teachers they are helpful, funny and friendly. The best advice I could give any parent is to be a part of your child's school life. Really get to know the people who make a difference everyday. Thanks!

Windsor Elementary School 0

Posted October 17, 2009
This is the worst school. My son attended this school from K-4th grade. The school was wonderful when Mrs. Fancher was the principal. As soon as Mr. Jeffcoat took over, everything went down including the morale of the teaching staff. There is no parent involvement. The behavior problems are horrible and the administration seems to have no idea about what to do except suspend students. The quality of the teaching is horrible. My son is now at North Springs and we love it. The difference in the quality of teaching is evident. I would not recommend Windsor to anyone, unless you just don't care about your child's education.

Windsor Elementary School 1

Posted December 29, 2008

Posted June 16, 2008
I am from a non English speaking country and I joined my daughter at the end of 2nd grade. Mrs Barlik was the class teacher. She is such a nice person that she made a good impact on my daughter just for 10 days. When my daughter moved to 3rd grade, she was in Mr. Anderson Class. Mr. Anderson is such a nice and down to earth person. We explained him that we are not aware of the education system here and requested him to make us understand the teaching methodology. He has all the patience in the world and know what makes good to a student. At the end of the academic year, what my daughter gained are 4 Honor rolls, fluent in English and a ever lasting bond with the school, friends and her teachers.

Posted May 11, 2006
As a military family I am always very nervous about moving & changing the schools of my children. Windsor Elem. was the MOST inviting, helpful & family oriented school that I have ever gotten the privilege to know. The staff is very friendly & helpful. My son attended 1st grade w/Mrs. Leitner & I have never met such a wonderful teacher. She is an extraordinary teacher w/a tremendous amount of love, patience & respect for all of her children. She is not only challenging, she is encouraging to each & every one of her students. I can t recommend this school enough. Windsor really emphasizes family/parent involvement & it really shows in the children they teach. The life skills that are taught each day are great tools to teach each child how to deal w/life & each other. I was extremely happy w/my son s performance & experience while we were in SC.

Windsor Elementary School 4

Posted January 19, 2006
I have 3 children (5th, 4th and 3rd grades) that attend Windsor Elementary. This is their 1st year here. I am pleased with their teachers and their response to any questions that I may have whether it is through email or phone. My son was having some problems with math and his teacher sent me a letter home recommending a tutor for him, which has tremendously helped his math grade. Again I just want to say that I am very please with the teachers. -Shawn

Windsor Elementary School
9800 Dunbarton Dr, Columbia, SC  29223
Last modified Windsor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Windsor Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top