Bad
Good

Well this school is bleh to me.I've went here for two school years. First, a lot of the teachers here are unsatisfactory and do not know how to do their jobs. Second, the classes are not well structured. And third, you get judged a lot. In Southern states a majority of them talk too much and if your child is not loud and disruptive they will be labeled as "quiet". I've expierenced this way too many times. It's already bad that the students do this. But the teachers as well? I had to get my parents to call my teachers three times to get them to stop commenting on my personality. One teacher would tell me I was quiet everyday and would joke about it. Then after I was done with a presentation, she told me she didn't expect me to do that well. Another teacher told me I was rubbing off on a student because she wasn't talking in class anymore. I just find things like that rude. Let me by my own person. I enjoy keeping to myself. And I am not "quiet", it's called talking to certain people. So I hope nothing like this happens to your child/ren. Tell them to be themselves and to not let that bother them. I wanna point out an excellent teacher, Allison Shields. She's exceptional at her job.

Dent is a great school for smarter or more motivated kids who can be challenged in the magnet programs. For the other kids, I get the impression that average kids are not challenges as much, and there's not much parent involvement for them. The campus is really nice, and the principal has been good in dealing with our family. So have the teachers. Very good school for kids who are lucky enough to be smart, driven, curious, and to have involved parents.

I am a 2 academies student in 7th grade the two academies program has on provided me good friends i am not challeged and some teachers arent that great

from what i hear, that sounds terrible. im not going there.thank you for submitting terrible reviews. thanks

im a student at Dent Middle in TWO Academies in the 8th grade. My years at Dent..well the 6th grade was awesome, probably because everything was new. In 7th grade, there was SO much drama and it did distract me and bring my grades lower than i've ever had. This year, (we have 36 days left!) it has been VERY boring. The teachers are...well not very nice & considering towards the students. They think the child has no life outside of school. I do NOT recommend TWO Academies to ANYONE!

My son was in the TWO Academy Program. Although it asppears to be a well structured program, he was challenged in only one of his core curriculum courses. I chose to move him into the honors track and I have been very pleased. His teachers this year feels that he should be in the TLC program so that is what we are pursuing. I would like to see more involvement with the principal. Although he has won many awards for his leadership it appears that many responsibilities are delegated to the assistant principal and i don't see him as being as active as he should be. Overall, Dent is a good school.

Dent's 2 Academy single gender program has been excellent for my son. He has excellnt teachers and the course work has been challenging. He enjoys going to school everday. Overall I am very pleased with Dent.

The TLC MAgnet programis outstanding!! It has challenge my child at a level she needed! Great Teachers and Administration. No compliants about school!!

Our daughter is finishing up the Dent TWO Single Gender program this year. It has been a wonderful experience for her, just what she needed in middle school. She was previously at Hammond School (fancy private school), where there was a lot of social pressure and conflict. She marveled about Dent, 'Even the mean girls here are nice.' She has learned that she's smart, talented, capable and has grown in confidence. She's challenged but not overwhelmed by the work. She is excelling and has been recognized by Duke and the state as a top student. We got everything we hoped for and more. She is well prepared to stand up for herself in the face of peer pressure in high school, and is ready to take on even more work since she has learned she has what it takes to succeed.

I am in complete agreement with the student below. I also have Mrs.Kilpatrick,Mrs.Beltz, Ms.Gluvan, and MsNelson as teachers I will admit that some people believe dent to be a ghetto school but its really just like any other public school

Last modified Dent Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.