Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers lack luster in every way. They are disrespected by the children, who also disrespect each other. It is a step above juvenile detention facility.

Amount of homework: Disagree

They never give the kids homework. My son would come home every day and would never ever have homework.

It seems like this site is lying or something because this school is freakin horrible...

I have two daughters that was honor roll students 7th and 8th graders since they haved arrived at this school grades have went down, they are bullyed by students as well as teachers my kids will have a good education this will be their first and last year at this school as a parent I do not recommend this school I have a rising 6th she will not be at Summit Parkway Middle we are going where teachers are teaching!!!

I went to this school for my sixth grade year. Let's just say it was the worst school I ever went to. Bad learning environment,horrible teachers,and lots of bullying takes place . I wish I would have never attended this school. My first semester involved me getting bullied by a group of girls . Telling the teachers never worked. The teachers would ignore and go on with their business like it never happened. The bullying got worse to where I rarely came to school. The children in this school have no control. Cursing and fighting takes place a lot . The teachers come to school depressed the students have no chance for a good education. I have switched many classes in one semester because of teacher problems. There was once where a teacher even cursed at the class . I recommend never sending your child to this school.

Summit Parkway Middle School is an outstanding school; the teachers and staff care about the students well-being and education. They have the STEMS Institute of Design and Innovation Magnet Program of which my son loves and has learned more than just the regular basic curriculum. This gives him the ability to show the art and science of things. They are made to be critical and creative thinkers. Excellent school for future STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) related fields in our world.

The summit is ok but they have gone everything on computer so the kids just look a computer all day really no hands on .this is hard for students who learn by hands on . all schools are there for anymore is for the state test scores. they spend more time teaching how to pass these test than learning I see it with my kids in three schools.elem. middle & high . it all comes do to numbers.

Summit Parkway Middle is ran like a prison. Most of the children that I know per their parents ( and the children) dred going there! The teachers can never verify any accident that happens at the school, they depend on the students in the class to give accounts of what happened. Teachers their ARE NOT responsible for their classrooms!! The administrators could care less, everyone seems as if they are at the school for a paycheck. TERRIBLE SCHOOL! If I could choose no stars I would have! My children are good students and they deserve a better learning environment . I am looking into homeschooling ASAP!!

We are a military family who moved here about a year ago. My children have attended many schools both inside and outside the U.S. This is the worst school we have dealt with. The standards are lower here than other districts elsewhere. There are numerous problems in the school with the students. The teachers either can't/won't get control over rude, disrespectful, and obnoxious behavior in their classrooms and it makes learning difficult for students who are actually there to learn. We heard over and over again about kids who would yell at the teachers and other kids, run around the classrooms, and climb on the desks making it impossible to hear. Some teachers are good; some are terrible. One teacher "corrected" my son when he said WWII involved the U.S. fighting both Germany AND Japan. She told him they were different wars. When he said she was wrong, she got upset and told him she only paid attention to U.S. history and didn't care about international history. Yikes! This is a teacher? I guess it didn't occur to her that these wars ARE a part of U.S. history! The day we learned a police officer was assigned to ride our child's bus we decided to become a homeschooling family.

This school is lacking in several areas. Overall it seems as though the teachers don't have control over the students because the classrooms are filled with noisy and disrespectful children, which make it hard to hear or concentrate in class. In part that is definitely the parents fault. The teachers are supposed to put grades in the system so you can keep up with where you child is at but they wait until the last minute and don't keep them completely up to date. So you believe your child has a certain grade then it changes right before reports go out. The magnet program is good and the teacher who runs it is great. If this weren't my sons last year there I would probably pull him back out to homeschool again.

Last modified Summit Parkway Middle School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.