PK-3|Private

Bad
Good

My oldest child attended FMS until she entered public for K5. I am a public school teacher and had to think long and hard about leaving. I truly wanted her to stay at FMS where she was well cared for and learning things that amazed me. I chose for her to go to public school because it was convenient to have her with me at the end of the school day. My youngest has been there since he was 6 weeks old. He is always happy and well cared for. The staff is top notch and caring. I hold each and everyone there near and dear to my heart for taking such amazing care of my children. I HIGHLY recommend this school.

Excellent school. My oldest went through FMS. She has been very successful in public school. I never even considered having my youngest anywhere else. He attends now I am am very pleased with his care and progress.

Foothills Montessori is an excellent school. The teachers and aides are caring, helpful, an engaged in the children. My daughter has blossomed in such a marvelous way being there. Her spirit soars. She has found incredible ways to deal with and except in her life the enviroment around her. I am honored to have my child there.

5 star school - really set the standard for my son's education. Staff is warm and friendly - great balance of teaching and playing. My son has excelled in public school after his experience in the Foothills Montessori program. EXCELLENT STAFF

Montessori is not for everybody-you have to understand the concept to appreciate what they offer your children. I personally, had to see the change in my child before I understood(my child has been in the 3/4 class four months). Montessori is all about order and self discipline. I attended montessori as a child and I write D'nealian. It's basically block letters with a tail and it does make learning cursive much easier. Your child is taught at his or her own pace. If they are interested in the lesson the teacher is giving, they listen. If not, they are free to roam and work in the other learning centers around the room. The idea is that if you teach a child while they are showing interest, they will understand it better than if you had forced it on them before they were ready. Highly recommend this school.

We have two children currently attending Foothills and we are very happy with the school. We had planned for them to do 4K here and then go to public school but we were so impressed with the education they were receiving we had to keep them at Foothills. The teachers are wonderful and truly care about the students and their success. Not only do the kids learn their abcs, they learn how to be good citizens in their little community.

We have had a great experience with Foothills Montessori with both of our children. The teacher to child ratio is well within the recommended limits if not better. We had every intention to have our children begin kindegarten in the public schools. However, we started our daughter in the 5k public school she would attend and pulled her out after the first few weeks. Her teacher evaluated her and said that she was at the 1st if not 2nd grade level. It has been worth the financial sacrifice to keep her at Foothills. She is reading like a champ and her math skills amaze me. I was a little skeptical about the writing method at first. However, this method of writing has helped prepare her for learning cursive writing and improved her reading skills. Our son is now in the preschool program and following right in her footsteps.

I have read the reviews that are posted with a sad heart. Foothills has two teachers in the morning greeting the children and I find it not to be disorganized as the one parent said, but as structured as it can be for that early of the morning. The D'nealian way of writing is to help the child have a better flow from printing to cursive, and it has been proven to be most effective. The teachers there are for the children and they do prepare them for school. I am just sorry that the reviewers have not been there in over a year and can not really evaluate this school properly. All I can say is come see for yourself, and make your own judgement. Thanks

My problem with this school is they are under-staffed and it's most apparent when they first open in the morning. They're very unorganized. Although there is one particular teacher that we absolutely loved dearly, I cannot recommend Foothills for anyone's childcare.

Last modified Foothills Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-3