St. Anthony Catholic School 3

Posted January 08, 2015
Our child attended this school for approximately 2-years while living in SC. We really liked our elementary teachers and felt they were wonderful with the children. However, we would not have sent our child to St. Anthony's for middle school as the curriculum and teaching style for the middle/ upper grade classes did not appear to reflect a more 21st century educational system. Also note, that if you choose to send your child to this school, you will need to involve them in higher level math programs outside of St. Anthony's. We moved out of state and our child (who typically scores above average on all state math exams) was placed in the lowest math class for the first month in the new school; our other children who attended the public schools in Florence were right on track. I will say, that the art teacher and her program at St. Anthony's are wonderful!

Posted November 04, 2014
Best and most affordable private school in the Pee Dee! I have children spanning all age groups at St Anthony with the oldest being in 6th grade. I am continuously amazed at what the teachers are able to accomplish each year. St Anthony provides a safe, Christian environment for my children and an outstanding academic, sports, and music program.

Posted August 20, 2014
Best private school for 3K-8th grade. Your children will leave academically prepared, spiritually grounded and morally unique. I find it curious that there is only one bad review here. I think some good old-fashioned teaching of respect for your teachers, peers and parents is sorely lacking in today's schools. These kids go on to be top of their classes, leaders and captains of their sports teams and great examples in their churches. Maybe the problem was with that parent's child, not the setting of the school. Sorry their had a bad experience, I love these school tremendously!

Posted August 16, 2014
This school is wonderful. After graduating from the 8th grade my children went on to excel in high school. The teachers in grades 5-8 had prepared them so well. They were wonderful caring people who truly cared about each child. I would recommend this school to anyone who loves their children.

Posted August 16, 2014
St. Anthony Catholic School is a remarkable school. My children attended from 4k thru 8th grade. The teachers at each grade level were fantastic! My children were academically challenged each and every year, developed compassion and understanding for others, and grew in self concept and independence. Not only were they well prepared academically, socially, and spiritually, but they had the confidence to make the right decisions all young people must face as they enter high school. In short, a St. Anthony Catholic School education was the best gift we gave our children. If you want your child to be nurtured in a caring and stimulating environment, St. Anthony is the only choice!

St. Anthony Catholic School 1

Posted March 12, 2014
f you are looking for 1970s style teaching (sitting, no talking, no collaborating, lecture style, passive engagement) then this is the place for your child in grades 5th through 8th! My child had a wonderful experience Pre-K through grade 4. After that, I have nothing positive to say. I find it interesting that from 5th - 8th grades, the number of students leaving and going to public, charter, online or other private schools increases substantially. The one common denominator ..the teachers of those grade levels. I travel internationally as a keynote speaker and educational consultant with over 28 years of teaching and training experience and train superintendents, principals, school boards, and teachers and cannot believe that I allow my own child to experience all the things I "coach" school districts to NOT do in their own school systems. If this school is still around in three years, I will be completely shocked. The staff in that building need a wake up call. They need to go teach in a "real" learning environment for one day and then I think they will beg for professional development that will help them meet the needs of today's learners, not the learners of 1975!

Posted March 19, 2012
We love our school! We have moved several times for my husband's career and my kids say this is their favorite school. The academics are challenging without being overwhelming. They offer sports, plays, music, art, etc. Saint Anthony families are so welcoming too. It has been a great fit.

Posted March 12, 2009
Our experience at St. Anthony's has been wonderful. The students are taught by the most caring faculty in the area.

St. Anthony Catholic School 3

Posted March 11, 2009

Posted October 18, 2008
this school is geat they realy care about your satisfaction and the students

St. Anthony Catholic School
2536 Hoffmeyer Road, Florence, SC  29501
(843) 662-1910
Last modified St. Anthony Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Anthony Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top