Florence, SC

Posted August 10, 2011
Both my children are fortunate enough to attend Byrnes and consider it to be their home away from home! It is a finacial sacrifice for us as parents, but we consider the money very well spent! Our children are getting a great education in a safe and nurturing environment. They are not just a number; they are surrounded by children who are there to learn and be successful members of our community. I am a proud parent of a Byrnes student!

Posted October 09, 2009
I've been fortunate to send my son to The Byrnes School for 5 years and it has been a very rewarding experience for him He has excell academic and in sports. The teachers take a personal interest in my child and what it takes to make him well rounded. I feel my child will be well prepare for what to expect in college.

Posted December 07, 2008
Both of our children have been fortunate to attend Byrnes. Safe..safe..safe

Posted January 25, 2008
Byrnes welcomes students and families regardless of their race or religious affiliation. We offer a challenging curriculum that includes AP courses in all the core subjects, including Calculus and Spanish. We also provide art, music, drama, literary magazine, yearbook, newspaper, year-round sports, and college counseling. I am surrounded by colleagues who are vastly qualified in their fields from pre-K through twelfth grade. Come see for yourself.

Posted September 08, 2005
The Byrnes Schools offers a safe and nurturing environment for learning. The academic program is excellent and offers both honors/AP and college prep coursework. The Pee Dee area is fortunate to have a private school that is able to offer a curriculum that meets the specific needs of each of its students. The administration, teachers and staff are highly qualified,hardworking and caring individuals. The parents are involved and very supportive. Opportunities to play sports, participate in music and other arts (drama, creative writing, visual) abound. Involvement in the community is not only encouraged, but is also a priority at The Byrnes Schools. I am the parent of a child who started here in 5K and is presently in the 10th grade. I would describe the education he has thus received as outstanding and worth every penny!

The Byrnes Schools 4

Posted July 07, 2005
I attended Byrnes (formerly the Academy) 5 years ago. I will agree that it is a safe place with many opportunities to broaden horizons in a variety of extra-curricular activities including: sports, Model U.N., language clubs, student government, etc. However, if you are looking for a more liberal approach to education, Byrnes is probably not going to be your answer as the environment is very conservative. If that is what you're looking for-you've found the right place in Florence.

Posted June 07, 2005
I attended Byrnes about 20 years ago, and I was perfectly prepared for Wake Forest University. My daughter attends now, and she LOVES it. My wife is extremely pleased with the activities for our daughter and the attention that the children get. Perhaps best of all, it is simply easier to learn at Byrnes than at other Florence schools. All of the kids are there to learn, and their parents want them to learn, too. That's not the case at all the local schools, and it creates are great environment. As a parent, I also feel that my daughter is safe there.

The Byrnes Schools 4

Posted June 05, 2005
Byrnes is the only non-sectarian private 3K-12 school in the area. We have two children attending Byrnes and they are very happy in the environment, learning above their level and are able to play in any and all athletics that they choose. The teachers are caring, concerned and do all that they can to ensure that each child is getting what they need. At Byrnes our children are not just another number, they truly do count.

Posted June 03, 2005
My son graduated from Byrnes and is attending college. He had a great experience there and was prepared for the rigors college. Caring teachers, parents are involved and outstanding sports programs! And SAFE.

Posted March 13, 2005
I have 4 children attending Byrnes and could not even consider sending them anywhere else! The teachers, students, staff and programs are all top notch. Byrnes is a great family to be a part of.

1201 East Ashby Road, Florence, SC  29506