Florence, SC

Florence Christian School 3

Posted March 22, 2015
We enrolled our child in this school this last year in 4k. The school brags about being Christ centered but forces my child to color Santa and Easter eggs. Christ has nothing to do with these things. My child started this school year knowing everything that he is being taught but because they didn't want to test him sent him to 4k based on his age alone. While the other children in his class are struggling with learning new skills my child sits there bored. I have been called many times just because he wanted to use a different colored crayon than his teacher allowed them to use. Strict yes. The education might be great for other kids his age but forcing a child who is reading words and adding and subtracting numbers together to sit and learn the alphabet seems wrong.

Posted November 01, 2010
We are a new family to FCS and so far really love the school. They have a great balance between teaching, guiding and nurturing students. My children love it and although they are new they never felt out of place. Other students welcomed them from day one. The office staff is super helpful and teachers very responsive to communications with parents. We look forward to a long future with FCS.

Florence Christian School 1

Posted January 07, 2009
i am currently in attendence but i hate how the school shelters the older students so much. they don't give as many options as others schools do

Posted April 06, 2008
Florence Christian is great. My son graduated from FCS and is now in his third year of college as a full scholarship recipient thanks to FCS's strong academic programs. As a parent and an educator with 20+ years of experience, I would highly recommend FCS.

Posted April 12, 2007
Strong Christian background, a little weak on tenderness at times. Always interested in improving curriculum and qualifications. Just expanded Athletic program to include football. Send my child there.

Posted March 08, 2005
I love florence christian. I love my teachers and friends at fcs. The only thing i dont like about the athletic program is that we dont have a girls soccer team. I love soccer and wish we had a team for girls. The music program is great. We have a good choir and great music teacher. I think that parents are really involved at florence christian. The parents really care about our school.

Posted September 17, 2004
I had two boys graduate from Florence Christian. I was also a teacher there for seventeen years. I feel that this school offers children an alternative to what they will find in public schools. Safety, a sense of self-worth, a biblical background, love from teachers who really care about their students, an advanced curriculum which challenges each student, wonderful extra-curricular activities, and most of all, a God centered school who believes in the infallibility of the Bible. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone who has children.

Posted March 01, 2004
Academic excellence and a Christ centered education. My child has been at FCS for 9 years beginning in 3k. There is no perfect school and you cannot please everyone 100% of the time. The adoption of the uniforms this year has been a mostly positive experience for us. I believe FCS is the best option for those interested in training and raising respectful, responsible children with a biblical world view.

Florence Christian School 4

Posted September 10, 2003
We have a new principal this year, but I m sure he will do fine. The staff of the school has decided to go to a uniform dress code without consulting the parents. My children and I are not happy with this decision. I think the administration should have dealt more harshly with the children who violated the former dress code instead of punishing all for the violations of a few. With that being said, I will also commend the school on its Christ-centered education. That is what matters the most. Florence Christian also offers an advanced academic curriculum. Our family is about 95% happy.

Posted August 26, 2003
I know that my child is getting a very good education here. FCS has strong academics from 3-K thru 12th. The word of the Lord has not been forsaken here. It is in FCS in manys ways, one of which is the character of its students. My child is happy, and she feels safe which allows her to learn freely without worries.

Florence Christian School
Po Box 12809, Florence, SC  29504
Last modified Florence Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Florence Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top