Florence, SC

Posted June 06, 2014
This is my school and I love it! I wouldn't go anywhere else. Some of these reviews say it is lacking academically but I have yet to see what they are talking about. I have seen MANY kids come to our school after being in a public school and struggle at first because we were ahead academically. They don't stay like that for long. The teachers make sure of it. This will be my 11th year going to this school and I am so greatful for a school whose #1 priority is teaching us about God and helping us throughout the Christian walk. Also the sports programs are wonderful! I've played sports with this school every year since 1st grade. In fact we hold many titles people don't even know about! Point blank you should check us out and give it a try! You won't regret it!

Maranatha Christian School 4

Posted October 06, 2010
The parent who wrote saying Maranatha does not offer honors courses is wrong. My son is a junior and takes honors english and math. Principal Chad Reel does a wonderful job. He really cares about the kids and has brought Maranatha a long way. I believe the education there is better than at public school. Unfortunately there is going to be bullying. anywhere you go. Im sure if it continues to be a problem Mr. Reel will take care of it. I do agree that some of the teachers could do a little better job, but again that is a problem at any school you attend. A strict christian school is not for everyone I guess, but I feel we are doing what God wants us yo do for our children.

Maranatha Christian School 1

Posted September 09, 2010
some of the teachers are not state certified. they do not offer AP, Honors. CP or resource classes. Teachers turn a blind eye to bullying have heard the term boys will be boys or you know how children are. would not recommend this school to any one.

Maranatha Christian School 4

Posted July 29, 2010
My children still attend Maranatha, I am glad they are receiving a Christian education but I do have concerns about the lack of classroom technology available to the students. Also the lack of information on a website for the school. Where do we order the shirts from this year and the code for ordering them? The web page should have information from each teacher and classroom access to keep in contact with teachers about assignments at all levels.

Maranatha Christian School 1

Posted May 21, 2010
I am ever so glad my parents pulled me out of there when they did.

Posted January 19, 2010
This is a great school with wonderful teachers and staff. My daughter started at the school when she was 8 months old and is now in one of the 3K classes. She loves the class and continues to learn. Thank you to all of the staff at Maranatha for helping me to go through my work day without worrying if my daughter is doing ok.

Posted October 26, 2009

Posted October 21, 2009

Maranatha Christian School 0

Posted June 12, 2009
My son goes to school at Maranatha. We love his teachers. They have a great staff, an hope to be able to afford the school so he can go their until he graduates. My daughter also attends the school an she is on the B-honor roll. I think that the teachers have a awsome teaching ability, and a great ciruclum to go by. The staff is always friendly an the school always seems to be clean.

Maranatha Christian School 0

Posted March 19, 2009
I am profoundly pleased with MCS. This is our second year (my daughter is in 4K) & is by far more advanced than a lot of other children her age that go to other schools. Not only do I approve of their methods, she absolutely loves this place!!!! The environment is welcoming & encourages even the shy kids to come alive. Such positive vibes & I am thankful that religion plays an everyday part, unlike public schools. The staff is friendly & always has 'time' for you. I plan on keeping her enrolled here as long as possible.

Maranatha Christian School
2624 West Palmetto Street, Florence, SC  29501
Last modified Maranatha Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Maranatha Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top