Florence, SC

Posted September 12, 2012
I went to this school years ago under same principal and my own friends have kids here. I also work for district one. The teachers there are usually very compentent and care. The principal is not a great person. If your child is seen as a threat to maintaining high test scores forget getting help. She has a reputation for pushing hard for special needs children to be moved to other schools instead of welcoming them to the school. I feel that's hateful and her priorities are not children's education but school ratings. It's sad actually.

Posted January 29, 2010
I am a grandparent of two Royall students and I am constantly amazed at their academic progress and their genuine enthuiasm for learning. This is certainly due primarily to their fine teachers but I also know that leadership is what makes any organization work and the leadership at Royall is unequalled. I have visited the school several times and I have spoken with Mrs. Smith twice - she not only knew my grandchildren by name but she was also able to talk about them and their progress. I have found her to be knowledgeable, accessible, positive, and focused on the welfare of her students. I know that Royall is a great school with a great principal because I can see it in my two grandchildren and that's all the proof that I need!

Royall Elementary School 3

Posted December 16, 2009
I am happy to know that Royall students have good test scores. We have also been extremely happy with our teachers. The administration leaves a lot to be desired, just an unfriendly, uninterested tone. The code of conduct is harsh and the principal, who has been there a long time, seems to be resting on her past success and reputation as opposed to being dynamic and innovative.

Posted October 05, 2009
This is our first year at Royall, we came from a private school in Florence & I must say that Royall is an awesome school! My son loves it, I love it, the teachers are great. Royall makes learning fun, they are all about reading & that is so important. Mrs. Smith wants the children to do their best & it takes the parents, the teachers & the community to all come together & believe in these kids & give them the best & that is what I think Royall is all about. God bless them!

Posted March 27, 2008
We have enjoyed another fantastic year at Royall! We will be moving soon and I believe that Royall will be what we miss most about Florence.

Royall Elementary School 3

Posted October 16, 2007
The school was above average but not exceptional. My daughter has attended schools in other states that were a little more advanced and pushed the students to work harder. There is the potential to be great, but I don't feel that it is encouraged enough in our students.

Posted July 28, 2006
My twins attended Royall in the year 2000. My youngest daughter is now in the 3rd grade. Royall is the best elementary school in Florence. The emphasis that is put on reading is priceless. The strong reading skills that my daughters acquired at Royall is so important in today's society. The principal is all business when it comes to her school and I like that. I wish everyone could visit Royall and see how well behaved the students are and how respectful they are to each other. To the staff, please continue to keep up the good work.

Posted June 13, 2005
Great teachers and great learning environment. Very student centered school.

Posted May 29, 2005
As public schools go, Royall is one of the best ones in town, perhaps the best. All the teachers are good, and the students are made to treat each other with respect. The only negative is maybe the principle is a bit lofty, but she runs an efficient school. If you have a child going into 5K, request Mrs. Parrott's 5K. She's fantastic. My son is heartbroken to leave her class. -Kim Vozel

Posted September 18, 2003
My daughter is attending her first year at Royall. She's in Mrs. Parrott's 5K class. Mrs. Parrott along with Mrs. Wright has been wonderful teachers. She enjoys school and she's learning alot. Royall is truly a great school.

Royall Elementary School
1400 Woods Rd, Florence, SC  29501
Last modified Royall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Royall Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top