Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

The school boasts about being a "five-star", presidential school. However, the way that my child has been treated at the school, I wouldn't give them any stars. My son has been diagnosed with ADD/HD and he feels picked on by teacher since he's gotten there. He's been written up for having to be "redirected" and written up for supposedly " not following instructions". So now he's being suspended.. He can't learn if he's being suspended for everything! It doesn't matter to them that he has good grades with the exception of him struggling a little bit in math. But, overall is a good student... it seems as if all they care about is being a five-star school but not really about the students with issues.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

It is obvious that the teachers there are not properly trained to deal with children with ADD/HD.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I do not feel that this school shows fairness at all especially with my son who has ADD/HD.

I went to this school years ago under same principal and my own friends have kids here. I also work for district one. The teachers there are usually very compentent and care. The principal is not a great person. If your child is seen as a threat to maintaining high test scores forget getting help. She has a reputation for pushing hard for special needs children to be moved to other schools instead of welcoming them to the school. I feel that's hateful and her priorities are not children's education but school ratings. It's sad actually.

I am a grandparent of two Royall students and I am constantly amazed at their academic progress and their genuine enthuiasm for learning. This is certainly due primarily to their fine teachers but I also know that leadership is what makes any organization work and the leadership at Royall is unequalled. I have visited the school several times and I have spoken with Mrs. Smith twice - she not only knew my grandchildren by name but she was also able to talk about them and their progress. I have found her to be knowledgeable, accessible, positive, and focused on the welfare of her students. I know that Royall is a great school with a great principal because I can see it in my two grandchildren and that's all the proof that I need!

I am happy to know that Royall students have good test scores. We have also been extremely happy with our teachers. The administration leaves a lot to be desired, just an unfriendly, uninterested tone. The code of conduct is harsh and the principal, who has been there a long time, seems to be resting on her past success and reputation as opposed to being dynamic and innovative.

This is our first year at Royall, we came from a private school in Florence & I must say that Royall is an awesome school! My son loves it, I love it, the teachers are great. Royall makes learning fun, they are all about reading & that is so important. Mrs. Smith wants the children to do their best & it takes the parents, the teachers & the community to all come together & believe in these kids & give them the best & that is what I think Royall is all about. God bless them!

We have enjoyed another fantastic year at Royall! We will be moving soon and I believe that Royall will be what we miss most about Florence.

The school was above average but not exceptional. My daughter has attended schools in other states that were a little more advanced and pushed the students to work harder. There is the potential to be great, but I don't feel that it is encouraged enough in our students.

Last modified Royall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.