Florence, SC

Posted December 16, 2014
I really hate that my son has to go to Moore this year. Moore was so much different & the staff was so much nicer when I was there. Keri which is now their "secretary" (nothing more) has a horrible attitude. I hate having to deal with her when I do have to go out to my son school. If I'm not in a bad mood she automatically puts me in one. I'll move to another state just to keep my son from having to go to this school next year and me having to see or deal with Keri.

Posted January 02, 2012
The school continues to improve. New principal with a lot of vision and energy. Some excellent teachers. There are opportunities to participate in acccelerated programs in the district - REACH. New school building on the immediate horizon (being built now). Highly recommended.

Posted November 06, 2009

Posted June 04, 2009

Moore Intermediate School 4

Posted August 05, 2008

Posted January 11, 2006
- a former student
moore is a very good school the principal is a very nice lady. all of the students are learning very well at the school and have made a big jump in knowledge. the extracurricular activities are very good at moore. and i think the prinipal and all the teachers are doing a very good job of teaching and helping the stundents at moore.

Posted March 31, 2004
In response to the other review, I think that Moore is a wonderful place. The uniformed police officer is there for safety reasons, not because the school cannot control behavior. Also, the school is not stoic and cold. The teachers and principals there have a difficult job since the children are only there for 2 years. As opposed to other elementary schools where the children are there for 6 or 7 years. Moore's job is to prepare their children for middle school life. Which, as we all know, is a big step up from elementary school life. I have had a wonderful experience at this school. I believe the people there love what they do and truly help our children become life-long learners.

Moore Intermediate School 2

Posted February 23, 2004
Moore Intermediate school is reminiscent of a juvenile correctional facility. Not only is it's atmosphere stoic and cold, there is a uniformed city police officer serving as a security resource officer, which constitutes the high marks for safety and discipline. Special Education students have in the past been arrested for manifestations of their disabilities at disproportionate rates compared to other schools in the state. The ED special education program at this school has many problems, including over crowded classes tucked away in small mobile units. Teacher and student moral seems to be very low.

Moore Intermediate School
1101 Cheraw Dr, Florence, SC  29501
Last modified Moore Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Moore Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top