Bad
Good

that's a lie about the school's facutly being poor. i was a student at that school and the teachers were excellent. the faculty great and it wasn't overcrowed. and some people that said something bad about this school first need to spell right. then they can say all they want.

My son just finished SSMS and is heading to South Florence. He really enjoyed his 2 years there and was involved in many academic activities as well as social and athletic groups/teams. The teachers are willing to work with students and parents if you just put some effort into it.

My twin daughters will be advancing to High School in Aug. 2007 and will be sad to be leaving Southside Middle. I can't say enough good things about this school or its faculty. When Dr. Erik Lowrey was promoted to a district position and left as school principal, I didn't think that a new principal could come close to doing as good of a job as he. However, Mr. Craig Washington has stepped in and done a phenominal job this past year with the school and the students. There may be students who decribe his leadership as strict, but I feel that strong leadership leads students to staying out of trouble and helps keep them on the right track. I also like the fact that Mr. Washington is very visable around the school and very accessible to parents. Cindy Hatfield

I am a student at Wilson High School this year. I am a freshman. I went to Southside Middle School my 7th and 8th grade years. I loved that school. It was so much fun. All of the teachers helped me as much as I needed. I wish I never had to leave that school but they taught me everything that I know now and I know that it will help me throughout my life. I hope that everyone that works at Southside Middle will read this and know how much I do care about what they have done for me and my life. Mrs. Sandra Brewer was my favorite teacher.She was my Basic Home Life Skills teacher for TWO years. Well I wish you all the best of luck and I hope ya'll will continue to do the best for everyone like you did for me.

Last modified Southside Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.