No rating

Goose Creek Primary School

Public | PK-2 | 949 students

Sweep tile

Posted August 26, 2013

My grandson goes to your school for 3 years now. I think there should be a better way of communication. Sometimes the teacher fills out his communication book and sometimes she doesn't even tell us how or what they did to improve or not. This is the only issue I have with the school. With the bus system I do not know why they have an assistant on the bus for the small ones. She doesn't help them up or down on the bus when they need it. Ya'll can have the bus driver strap them in or the parents. No sense in paying someone who doesn't help the driver. That is my opinion. Other than that I do not have anything negative about the teaching

Posted February 21, 2012

Excellent school. Great teachers, I love the school.They work well with the children. I and my Family have great experiences!!!

Posted July 22, 2011

I have a foster child in this school and they have worked with me to discover her strengths and weaknesses. I am very pleased she will have 1 more year in this school. The principal and staff are friendly, courteous and helpful in all of our needs.

Posted April 13, 2011

My son has been at Goose Creek Primary since he was 3 years old. The staff are warm and inviting. The Special Needs program is great. Each and every person I have met at GCP has been concerned about the welfare and education of my child. My child is greeted by everyone he comes into contact with. I love the Family nights they have at the school. They offer a lot of functions for families to attend. They do school fairs, Water day, Field Day, Field Trips, and much more. The principle offers a Pajama Party every year. Every month the school does a Spirit day and the kids receive popcorn and they do activities. We have had nothing but great experiences. Awesome PTA!

Posted April 23, 2010

I work at GCP. I really love my job, the kids and my fellow staff members. I look forward to going to work each day working with the children in my class and throughout the school.

Posted April 17, 2010

Great, warm, and inviting environment. Hard working teachers.

Posted February 24, 2010

The staff is very helpfull, teachers are great and very educated and i like the way things are organized and the involment of parents with the school activities

Posted January 27, 2010

They work hard to make sure that motivation is always provided. Can't imagine trying to do that for 1700 kids but I DO know that it can't be done without excellent teachers!

Posted January 26, 2010

My child has been attending this school for the past 2 yrs. I could not ask for better teachers!! My child developed a divine sense of enthusiam for learning AND attending school. She absolutely loves her awards for good behavior and strives every day for better, thanks to the teachers. Parent-teacher involvment and communication is not only more than welcome but encourged, which as a parent is essential for me to feel comfortable trusting the school with my child!! Thanks to all staff members. For future school-aged children whose parents are researching a school, this has been a great experience from kindergarten to now, and this is a wonderful school!!

Posted October 3, 2009

I have been working at GCP for 5yrs. I have been working w. children w/ special needs it is such a wonderful thing when a student reaches there goal when they have worked so hard in trying to get there.

Posted October 3, 2009

Friendly family oriented school!

Posted October 3, 2009

Because it teacher really care about how their students learn.

Posted August 22, 2009

My son just started school here and we have been very impressed with the procedures in place to keep him safe. It seems like the staff and administration are friendly and professional. The principal already knows my son's name and greets him with a smile in the car rider line each morning. That means a lot to me as a mom. Their library is great - stocked with what looks like all new books and I think they have smartboards in every classroom.

Posted July 29, 2009

I am a parent and I have never had any problems with this school. I love this school. Everyone, from office staff to teachers to cafeteria workers to custodians, have always been helpful to me and my family.

Posted May 18, 2009

Recently the school put on a principal pj party for the kids who collected 75 otter bucks.My two kids really enjoyed themselves and it was an incentive for them doing good things.I really do believe that this is a good school.teachers that care and love their student this to me is really important.We've had the same kindergarden techer for our two older kids and is planning on her teaching our yolungest son.I believe that you can always find fault with something but I'm the type to always find the good in anything!

Posted May 17, 2009

I have been very pleased with the progress my child has made this year. his teacher cares about him and is very supportive and understanding. I was impressed with the various art opportunities - artists in residence offered throughout the year. principal is very understanding and will listen to concerns - knowledgeable about early childhood growth and development.

Posted January 2, 2009

My daughter is 4 and is attending speech therapy at this school twice weekly.....on that note ....my experience is limited with the staff and the school. Unfortunately .....the experience I have had has been less than adequate. The staff is disturbingly 'unconcerned' in nature.....not to mention the fact that they are very unorganized. They have thus far LOST my daughters entire file, registration, copies of birth certificate, ss card, emergency info twice.....yes......twice. No one could tell me where it went or who it went too or even seemed to understand why this was such an issue with me that my daughters info was 'floating around somewhere'. With this knowledge I will be sending my daughter to a different elementary school next year.

Posted October 28, 2008

Very large school with very large classes. Most of the teachers are good teachers, but are not good with teaming up with parents - very cold.

Posted July 12, 2007

I found this school very cold. The staff was not very helpful or friendly. I am glad that we moved away from Goose Creek Primary.

Asian 3% 1%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students participating in free or reduced-price lunch program 77%N/A55%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

200 Foster Creek Rd