Bad
Good

I used to be a former student at Goose Creek High School. No i didn't graduate from there due to family issues i moved to North Carolina. I would just like to say as an a student i loved going to school there. They have all the academic classes i needed and the teachers and staff was always willing to help. Even if you was an student who did not want to do their work they still tried to help you out by all means. Everyone there was like a family no one was left alone and people stood up for each other. I highly recommend this school to any student who would like to attend or an adult who like to work there.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Discipline is not enforced at this school. Administration will tell you not to get involved, but to call them and then they either do not show up, show up after everything is over, or ignore the situation entirely. Students do not have to try at this school to pass. Teachers are encouraged to water down the curriculum, and sometimes encouraged to give a student the grade they "deserve" instead of what they earned. Students graduate assuming they can do the bait minimum to get by as an adult.

WARNING: If you are interviewing for this school, do not accept! The administration will show you the new, beautiful classrooms full of technology, and nice new desks. They won't show you the classrooms with mold, rats, the rooms that have not been cleaned all year long, the rooms with water leaking in, or the rooms with air conditioners that do not work. They will tell you how excellent the school is rated, but it's only rated Bronze when compared to other schools OF THIS TYPE. They will also neglect to mention how it will take them over a month to deal with discipline (if they deal with it at all). So, if you want to work for a school where the administration is never seen, and students freely walk through the halls swearing and using racial profanity, then this is the school for you!

Our son attends Goose Creek High School and I cannot say enough good things about this school and its staff. My son has had an amazing experience there. I would not hesitate to recommend Goose Creek High School.

Honestly wish I could switch my daughter to a better school. Very disappointed and upset. Not only are the students rude towards my daughter due to race, but teachers asking my daughter if she's ever lived in the United States.

My daughter is currently a student at gchs. I've had no problems at all!! Of she needs help on something, all her teachers are more than willing to help with whatever she may need. She is a junior now, and has never been in any trouble, and will literally have to be on her deathbed to stay home!! I'm very grateful to GCHS for making it a place my daughter loves to be!! Yes, I know most of it is social, but if a school really don't care, the students know, and really don't want to be there. Her grades are fantastic, and any student who tries, these teachers will bend over backwards for!!!

I am a former student. I graduated class of 2000. I can say I still look back at my time at GCHS fondly. There are teachers and faculty that I will never forget. I learned not only how to be a good student, but a person who can contribute something to society. Thanks to these teachers I had a great foundation and was prepared for college. I remeber also that the guidance counselor was always there to help.

Goose Creek High School has integrity and its staff is dedicated to the students and their families. The parents that have taken to writing negative comments in here have really only made themselves look like poor parents. If you don't want to talk to your child's teacher after school hours then you don't really care about your child's well being or education.

I have one kid that graduated from GCHS and one that is a senior now. The staff has been very helpful and my kids have not had any problems there. It has that family feel and I'm glad my kids had the opportunity to go there.

At least they care enough about the students to call. I am with one of the other posters, aren't they to be with the students during school hours. And many parents work anyways so they wouldn't even be reachable during normal school hours. Most high school teachers dont even care enough to call parents.

Last modified Goose Creek High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.