Goose Creek, SC
Students enrolled: 1,719

Goose Creek High School 1

Posted October 03, 2014
Honestly wish I could switch my daughter to a better school. Very disappointed and upset. Not only are the students rude towards my daughter due to race, but teachers asking my daughter if she's ever lived in the United States.

Posted August 28, 2013
My daughter is currently a student at gchs. I've had no problems at all!! Of she needs help on something, all her teachers are more than willing to help with whatever she may need. She is a junior now, and has never been in any trouble, and will literally have to be on her deathbed to stay home!! I'm very grateful to GCHS for making it a place my daughter loves to be!! Yes, I know most of it is social, but if a school really don't care, the students know, and really don't want to be there. Her grades are fantastic, and any student who tries, these teachers will bend over backwards for!!!

Posted July 31, 2013
I am a former student. I graduated class of 2000. I can say I still look back at my time at GCHS fondly. There are teachers and faculty that I will never forget. I learned not only how to be a good student, but a person who can contribute something to society. Thanks to these teachers I had a great foundation and was prepared for college. I remeber also that the guidance counselor was always there to help.

Posted July 28, 2013
Goose Creek High School has integrity and its staff is dedicated to the students and their families. The parents that have taken to writing negative comments in here have really only made themselves look like poor parents. If you don't want to talk to your child's teacher after school hours then you don't really care about your child's well being or education.

Posted July 19, 2013
I have one kid that graduated from GCHS and one that is a senior now. The staff has been very helpful and my kids have not had any problems there. It has that family feel and I'm glad my kids had the opportunity to go there.

Posted June 08, 2013
At least they care enough about the students to call. I am with one of the other posters, aren't they to be with the students during school hours. And many parents work anyways so they wouldn't even be reachable during normal school hours. Most high school teachers dont even care enough to call parents.

Posted September 14, 2012
My daughter traveled out of her school zone to attend GCHS because she got accepted into the Berkeley County Arts program. She was suppose to attend Stratford High(usually considered a better school). I was initially concerned with safety, etc. but she really wanted to be in the creative writing program and you have to go to GCHS to be in BCA. I have found the school to be very good . Maybe more AP classes, but the teachers and the administration go out of their way to help. If your child has a 504 plan then they will go above and beyond to come up with strategies to help. The BCA program itself is one of the only in the entire Charleston area and your child can audition for any the sections. They have creative writing, band, voice, dance, drama, strings, art. It's a wonderful program and a school within a school. They will get a special diploma. It just started 4 years ago. Mr. Geary in the Creative writing teacher is an awesome. My daughter has learned so much and accomplished a lot with her writing skills. Mr. Gaskins is the best too! I feel really lucky that my daughter has attended this school and had such a positive experience. The teachers and staff really care!

Posted March 24, 2011
I don't have a review to write at this time, I am enquiring about Goose Creek High School as my son may attend the school in the fall.

Goose Creek High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
The principal and staff go to extraordinary lengths to make sure the school enviroment is safe and condusive to learning. The demographics of the school are varied with most being below the poverty level. Everyone comes together with great pride because of the efforts of the school, despite lack of funding.

Posted July 04, 2009

Goose Creek High School
1137 Redbank Rd, Goose Creek, SC  29445
Last modified Goose Creek High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Goose Creek High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top