Bad
Good

I had high hopes for this school. However, I have not been impressed with my son' teachers or the staff. There is no cafeteria, no gym, no private baths (they are in the classrooms...). It is small and not clean. I absolutely understand that it is a financial issue.... however their fund raisers are generic and not organized. It is not all bad, but I would not reccommend it to ancther parent. They could do so much better.

I think Midland Valley Prep is a wonderful school. The Principal, teachers and staff are outstanding. I highly recommond this school to all of Aiken County. Children get one on one teaching. A small but fantastic school.

This is the worse school I have ever dealt with. The principal is rude, haughty, and insensitive to the needs of the children. Some of teachers are fantastic, but their hands are tied due to this school's administrator. I would never recommend this school to anyone if they want their child to be successful in a school where the faculty genuinely cares about their well-being, achievements, and works with the parents. My advice is tto stay away from this place. It is a nightmare!

My son has been attending MVP since 4K. We have had wonderful teachers every year and the quality of learning is excellent! The standards are high but teachers always help the students to meet their full potential along with making learning fun. My younger son will be attending MVP when he gets of age as well. I wouldn't send either of them to any other school! I couldn't ask for a better learning environment.

This is an excellent school of choice... This school has a unique approach to learning that works! Parents are involved and the children love the certified teachers and warm and encouraging atmosphere... most people think it is a private school with the small classroom size and high achievement goals ! I only wish this school had been an option when my children were in school... my grandchildren are excelling ... I cannot say enough good things about this school

If you want to send you child to a school that is run by an unmarried, pregnant administrator, a board that is totally out of control and cannot bring the budget together, this is your place. I have removed my child from this school BEFORE it implodes. The new reviews written by the staff try to paint a very rosy and under control atmosphere but it is anything but that. Behind the scenes it is total chaos. Like the saying says...buyer beware...BEWARE!

My partner and I placed our children at MVP in 2008. I have never been more pleased with a school. the teachers are top notch when it comes to creating a learning environment that is developmentally appropriate for every child in their class. the children are not grouped together and taught on one level but treated as the individuals they are. The school staff treats each family with respect and dignity. As a parent you are involved with your child/rens educational journey. As for B.J. Dogget the schools administrator, I have never experienced a person with such a love and compassion for a school, its students and their families. She, the staff, and their love for the children is the reason this school as made AYP for the past two years and will continue to thrive as a successful school.

I think MVP is a great school. The new administrator, Bette Jean Doggett, is perfect for the school because she is so good with the children. The staff, teachers and board members are all doing a wonderful job.

Every story has two sides. Please reserve your judgement of this fine school until you've actually had children there. It is a very good school, very student and parent oriented and I believe it will continue to grow under the new leadership.

i think the school is very productive in regards to our children's education. i feel all the politics and allegations should not be priority...but the kids should be. the children are very close knit and they love their school! it is their school. not the administrator's or any one else's. why does everything have to be a battle. cant we all just stick together for the sake of the ljkids?1

Last modified Midland Valley Preparatory is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.