Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Where do I start? In second grade we had a teacher insist we get him on medication despite doctors telling us he did not have ADHD. He would just get bored of sitting and want to get up and stretch. She would send notes home in his agenda every night in red pen and my son couldn't read her handwriting but always assumed they were bad. Most of the time they were, from as small of things as he sharpened his pencil without asking. It was very updating to him and he would come home crying almost every night. For months we pleaded with the principals to let him try another teacher or see the guidance counselor but they would do nothing to help. They just insisted he was a bad child. We then moved to another state where he finished up 2nd and 3rd grade and he did wonderfully. Never got in trouble and his grades improved dramatically. If you can find another option for you child, I would highly suggest it as this school offers nothing.

My son went to a different school before we moved to this area and he started attending Byrd. I wasn't sure how I would like it but I have really fallen in love with this school. I wish Kindergarten was more thorough but that's more South Carolina guidelines than the school itself. I love that they do a ton of activities with the kids and have special events. The PTO is great and the principal is really amazing. I have had one incident happen but when I notified the school they handled it immediately. The staff is really great and the teachers we have encountered care about what they do.

I love this school! My child was enrolled in private school last year and I was very hesitate about putting her in public school, however those worries were put to rest as I have had pleasant experiences with all of the staff at Byrd. The Open House was very organized as all of the meetings have been. My daughter's teachers have always responded to my notes in the agenda or via email in a short turn around time, and have otherwise communicated with me. Forl the people who are looking for a school without some issues, good luck, they don't exist. My child is healthy, happy, and receives an education both in the school and at home. I am appreciative and realistic in my expectations in what the school should and are providing. Keep up the good work Byrd Elementary. Sincerely, An appreciative parent

This was such a very poor choice I have made . I arrived here at the school Bryd Elem. assuming what I had heard was just a lot of nasty rumors of unhappy parents. Well I came to visit the school and I had a warm visit, as soon as I enrolled my children the teachers were not very comunicative with the parents do not handle problems fairly.I also notice there is verbel abuse from teachers then always change what was said when other adults are present I find this school a very inconsiderite school when it come to certain situations. Take a look again.If I could afford private school to get a bettter education for my children they would be there.They try to teach no form of bullying,Then you turn around to see that some of the teachers at Byrd are just that.This makes me sad to see what they are showing the future and this school is not so great. Even the food is very poor. GO BYRD THE SCHOOL THAT ALLOWS TEACHERS AND STUDENTS TO BULLY! I really should have listen to what the other parents were telling me. I understand now and I get it.

I come from a family of and educator, and principal and based on the expectations that my father had of his school, teachers, and students I find Byrd right for my child. She started Kindergarten this year and I have had nothing but wonderful things to say. The give a good foundation and the expectation is there GO BYRD

I really hope there is something or someone who changes my opinion of this school soon. It is the most unwelcoming environment for a parent and has a very staunch and unhappy vibe. No one smiles, and the teachers look at parents like they are from outer space when they are in the halls or heaven forbid walking their children to class. The principal seems to have the kids best interest at heart but the feeling of the school as a whole is depressed. My kids are not thriving in this environment and the experience I have had with two of the teachers rate as acceptable and then downright terrible. It is early in the year but my kids are very unhappy at this school thus far. We were used to an open door policy at our prior elementary school and parent involvment was encouraged. This is a diametric opposite. I wish I had the money to send my kids to a private school where they valued the parents more. Not being able to talk to the teachers and partner with them in my childs education is extremely frustrating and will no doubt effect their academic success.

Byrd Elementary is a great school. The principal, teachers and everyone involve in their staff are excellent. Outstanding safety, discipline and teaching techniques . You can see they are dedicated with heart to the children. I am very pleased with the staff and the academics results in my children.

Byrd is a great school! The staff really cares about the kids and my kids really love it. Other schools could really learn from the excellent example they set.

Staff is great. Academic wise, the school is ahead of other area school's. We know becouse we had our children in nearby school's.

Last modified Byrd Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.