PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Shannon Forest Christian School 1

Posted April 17, 2016
Poor facilities. Limited resources. Lack of school security. Staff turnover. Our children were miserable at this school. We removed them after one year.

Posted January 08, 2016
We are halfway through our first year here at SFCS and absolutely love it. My kids are in 6th and 4th grade. We moved from a top ranked public school where our kids would come home exhausted, drained and run down. They hated going to school. At SFCS they come home happy and can not wait to go back in the morning. This school has an amazing heart and is very well rounded with learning and activities and clubs. It is definitely a way of life and not just about test grades. This school feels like a family. Students go on and get accepted into great colleges. We are so thankful for this school.

Posted June 23, 2015
My children have been students for four years. We visited and researched numerous public and private schools in Greenville and Shannon Forest was the only private school to offer three programs that were a "must have" in a school; kindergarten transition (KT) program, a Learning Difference Program and a gifted program (IGNITE) for 1st-5th graders. My oldest child has dyslexia and ADHD and has received intensive learning difference therapy. The notion that the school does not serve special needs students is in no way true. My son's reading scores on standardized tests jumped ten points in one year. He is a much more confident reader and his teachers in all grades have made the appropriate accomodations for him without me ever having to ask. The teachers at the school are the best in the business. They are at Shannon because they love to teach and they are incredibly knowledgeable about the the subjects they teach. They are supportive of the efforts both in and out of the classroom; my son's second grade teacher attended baseball games, recitals and plays in which her students participated. I don't know many teachers who do that. Another reviewer mentioned in February 2014 that the school is in serious debt and is close to closing, nothing could be further from the truth. The administration is incredibly competent and have very impressive business background. They know how to run a school that is financially viable. The school is smaller than most private schools, but that is one of the best things about the school. Students of all abilities receive attention and assistance from teachers. Classes are close knit and the students develop friendships that last a lifetime. The faculty and staff truly care about each student and wants to see them succeed in academics and in life. There are so many opportunites to get involved at Shannon; community service, fine arts, athletics, student government and student ambassadors. I am so happy with our decision to enroll at Shannon Forest. I can't say enough good things about the school and I can't imagine enrolling my children anywhere else in Greenville.

Shannon Forest Christian School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 23, 2015
All students are required to sign an honor code and students are held accountable for their actions.

Posted March 25, 2015
I can say, without hesitation, that SFCS has been the absolute best school our family has experienced. In addition to my 6 children, I have 8 nieces and nephews that have been students at SFCS over the past 10 yrs. I love that SFCS is continually improving its facilities, academics, athletics and fine arts. However, the reason SFCS stands out is not in those things. SFCS is an exceptional school because of one attribute. That attribute, consistently found in the faculty and staff, is that they value the relationships that they have with their students! They know them, they pray for them, they engage them, they inspire them. My kids are not going to reflect back on how great the building was, how many activities there were or how many games a team won. What they will remember is how a relationship with a teacher or a coach motivated and inspired them to succeed in areas they never thought possible. How someone cared about the details of their life and invested their time, energy and love, when they didn t have to. I love many things about SFCS and my graduates have been very well prepared for their futures, but it is this attribute that sets SFCS apart.

Posted March 13, 2014
We have had our kids at SFCS for 7 years and absolutely love it. The teachers are attentive, professional, and compassionate. We really appreciate all the opportunities our kids have there spiritually, academically, athletically, and socially. I have served this school on many levels and can honestly say that I am completely encouraged by the leadership and direction of SFCS. Sure, some of the buildings are older, but years from now we won't care about fancy facilities. The relationships and the family-like atmosphere at this school are the best. As far as previous reviews about students not being supervised and safety concerns, that has NEVER been our observation. In fact, the school now has timed locks on every door and a system that requires all guests to be let in by the front office. You cannot get in without the front office buzzing you in. As far as students crossing a "busy road", that has also never been an issue. There is a crosswalk with a teacher posted in the morning and a caution signal for other times of the day. We HIGHLY recommend SFCS. There are other choices in Greenville, but none of them have the intangible things that we have found here.

Shannon Forest Christian School 1

Posted February 24, 2014
Our daughter attended one year at the junior high level. While the teachers may be competent. They spend an enormous amount of time doing community projects, social events etc. They waste valuable class room time for students to learn. The curriculum is developed more from non academic staff members. The facilities are outdated and the school is always short on resources. The small class room settings was a plus. Toward the middle of the school year we noticed the middle and high school had little oversight of visitors entering the facilities. Students driving had to park across the street resulting in students crossing a high traffic street. Finally, the cost of attending this school far out weighs the positives. We eventually relocated to a larger private school in the Greenville area.

Posted December 21, 2012
We have had a wonderful experience! Our child has been enriched through the arts and sports in conjunction with a superb academic curriculum that is appropriate, challenging, but not overdone. They have a high percentage of students accepted into Duke's TIP program. High school grads choose from a huge array of colleges with acceptance, last year 100% enrollment into higher education after graduation. The staff is warm and caring, all hold an educational degree of at least 4 years. Our family has been very pleased with the small school feel with BIG positive impact on our child. We can't wait for our youngest to begin kindergarten next year!

Posted November 28, 2012
We have a daughter ther ein 9th grade. Its an excellent school with teachers who care and know each student. Many of the reviews here are out of date. For example the school now starts all Freshman in the LAUNCH program along with a iPad. LAUNCH is taught by a team of professionals & includes topics like personal and social development, educational achievement, college choices, careers, time management, oral presentation skills and financial literacy. They also start the first week with a several days leadership and service trip. Our daughter went to help tornado victims in KY. The school has also added football and the coach is former professional player and Clemson player Levon Kirkland. There is much to feel good about at Shannon Forest.

Shannon Forest Christian School 3

Posted July 20, 2012
Not very happy, I felt that my kid was being bullied and the teacher in charge couldn't care much. Not a good school if your kid is average. Favoritism too exists. But The admin staff is polite and they do listen to you.

Shannon Forest Christian School
829 Garlington Road, Greenville, SC  29615
Last modified Shannon Forest Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12