Posted July 16, 2013
2 out of my 4 children have completed Langston Charter Middle School, with my 3rd starting this fall. Our family cannot say enough about this school. The teachers and staff are like family with the one united goal of helping your child succed and do well. Hand in hand with the parents, they are preparing our children to be great people and leaders in their community. The uniforms are a blessing. No one has to worry about "who's wearing what," and "who has what." Gender split classes are wonderful. Boys and girls are just so different at that akward middle school time of life. If you take away the boys and the clothes, your left with A LOT less drama and the students can focus on what's important~their education! My oldest daughter entered Langston in the middle of middle school. She was bullied so badly at a Christian school. Langston changed her life and now she is a florishing rising 10th grader at JL Mann. She has a 5.7 GPA, is a Beta Club member, and was student of the month during her freshman year. LCMS made it possible for her success in high school. If there were 10 stars, I'd give them all to Langston!

Posted June 24, 2013
Langston lived up to and surpassed our family's expectations these past 3 years for our daughter. The academic challenge along with teacher support created a learning environment that has well prepared their students for high school. The service requirements were hard to meet sometimes because kids are in school all week and you may have to commit weekend time to saitsfy community service.

Posted June 24, 2013
Langston Charter Middle School is a wonderful place to be! Both of my children attended Langston & graduated with a high quality education that more than prepared them for high school. The teachers, staff and board all work amazingly well together to provide a safe and nurturing environment. If your child has the opportunity to attend Langston, do so without hesitation. It's a special place!

Langston Charter Middle School 1

Posted June 21, 2013
My son was bullied this past school year. We met with his teachers and was told my child needs to get thicker skin. I got the "Its normal" speech, "Its a pecking order, the kids are just trying to fit in." The school is high on community service but does not teach the kids how to treat each other in their community which is the school. If your child struggles with anything, do NOT send them here, there are no exceptions, no help and NO understanding. My child entered this school a kind hearted, honor roll student and left a bully because he had to finally start defending himself and C's and D's on his report card. If you can't give 100% of your time and money, don't go here, you will not be accepted!!! This school is running on great theories and ideas, but try still have a lot of kinks to work out. Once they admit that they'll be unstoppable!!!

Posted May 16, 2011
This middle school is the best of both worlds. It feels like a high-end private school, yet it is a public Charter school. The teachers know all the students and truly care about them. We love the single gender classes.

Posted February 04, 2011
A geat school that focuses on leadership. This school is a single gender school, which makes a good setting for kids to learn.

Posted May 16, 2010
Langston has great leadership, teachers, parents, and students! The Board could not be better! Langston is the best middle school in South Carolina!

Langston Charter Middle School 4

Posted January 26, 2010
As a former student who attended all three years, I really enjoyed Langston. The teachers really care about their students. Although some baby the students and dont give the 8th graders the chance to use the responsibilty they need to learn to succeed in high school. Overall the school is great.

Langston Charter Middle School 0

Posted December 23, 2009
I have two students at Langston. I have been impressed with the teachers. I think the principal is great. The school secretary is excellent. The thing that is most impressive though is how they all work together. I also have appreciated how my children are allowed outside during the day. Short breaks for sun and movement are part of the every day experience. This school encourages parents in every way. They truly want each student to succeed. I am thankful to be a part of the Langston family!

Posted September 13, 2009
Langston Charter Middle has given my son and our family the gift of an education with qualified and caring teachers. I work in the public school system, and while there are good teachers every where, there is great leadership all the way to the Board. Langston's mindful planning and it's success has surpassed all expectations. I feel the people of Greenville County are making a statement to the School System that we do want a better choice for our children. They deserve it. Thanks Langston Staff, Faculty and board for a wonderful experience!

Langston Charter Middle School
1950 Woodruff Rd, Greenville, SC  29607
Last modified Langston Charter Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Langston Charter Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top