No rating

Charter | K-7 | 480 students

STEM & GREEN Curriculum

Student diversity

Posted June 17, 2014

Couldn't be happier with GREEN. Principal is focused on educating children and they love and respect him. Can't wait to see what next year brings.

Posted April 6, 2014

Excellent school!!!! best school my kids have ever been too...Active and enthusiastic principal .great teacher and parent communication. struggling students will get free tutoring.

Posted March 5, 2014

Green charter is an AMAZING school, we are very happy, excellent teachers, the principal is very enthusiastic and has great ideas. We definitely LOVE Green charter School :-D

Posted January 22, 2014

This school is serious about preparing the students to be tomorrow leaders. They aggressive learning program,the clubs that are availabe to the children at such an early age helps to get a head start on ensuring the children become well rounded. And the focus on green energy helps them to become caring and responsible citizens.I think these students will stand out among students. It's part of the culture here that's why if needed tutoring is available on a weekly basis if needed. I am expecting greatness to come out of this school.and I know I want be disappointed.

Posted November 12, 2013

We are very please with this school. I researched the different public and charter middle schools in the area and found Green Charter early on in their enrollment. I researched the principal and his prior experience with Upstate New York and Jacksonville, FL charter school successes and knew this would be a great opportunity school for our son. To top it off they do elementary too so we were able to put our daughter in the school keeping our kids together. We really like the smaller class and having uniforms. It makes life easier. I have had the best interaction ever with the teachers not to say that the teachers at our prior school weren't good. Very positive environment that works to keep the parents informed. My kids are really into this year more than ever and they don't seem frustrated but I know they getting challenged.

Posted October 30, 2013

Great school. Academics challenging. Staff very welcoming and suppportive. Love the green focus and computer classes.

Posted October 29, 2013

Green has been AMAZING for my fourth grader! Academically she is being challenged but she welcomes it. I believe this is a direct result of her teachers. They set high expectations but make them feel empowered and capable of meeting them. Last year mornings were awful at my house. I had to drag her out of bad and her attitude was less than desirable. Since she has been at Green I haven't had one negative remark on any morning. My fourth grader loves to play school with my four year old and with that my four year old has become more excited about Green than any of us. She tells anyone that will listen that she is going to Green Charter School next year. I look forward to seeing how my daughters and the school grow and prosper together in our community.

Posted October 7, 2013

I am so grateful for this school. We were considering private schools in Greenville, but non-denominational private schools in this area really don't exist. The only one that is here has an extremely high tuition that we could not afford. Then came GREEN charter. I was (and am still) so excited for the development and continued success with this school. Both of my children are extremely happy. The teachers and staff are wonderful and attentive. Parent involvement is through the roof. I am extremely pleased that my children will have the opportunity to stay in the same school all the way through 12th grade.

Posted October 4, 2013

Newly established school. Principal Adem has an enthusistic staff. They are highly motivated and have a great plan forward for school expansion and enhancement of educational facilities.

Posted October 2, 2013

What an amazing school and a pefect fit for my son. I can't speak highly enough about this school.

Posted October 2, 2013

This school is amazing!! I've never seen a principal that was outside every morning and afternoon to help with car line! He is so involved in his school and truly shows his passion. My son's teacher is very compassionate and imaginative. She is easy to communicate with and works with us as parents to resolve issues. I'm so happy my child is able to be apart of this great learning experience. I can't wait to see what the future holds!

Posted October 2, 2013

This school is wonderful!! The staff and the principle are very involved !! The principle's door is always open and whenever I go in to volunteer I see him walking around. I can't say enough good things about this school. We travel over a half hour to bring our girls to the school.

Posted October 1, 2013

Fantastic school! Curriculum is challenging but teachers and administration are extremely supportive. My children are very happy. This school is going to quickly become THE school to attend in Greenville!

Posted October 1, 2013

This school is awesome. My child is so happy being there. The staff is extremely friendly and supportive. They have lived up to everything they have promised to this point and I do not see this changing. The school is filled with enthusiastic people. I am so glad we made the decision to send our child here. I could not be any happier. The curriculum is great, the after school programs are wonderful as well. Great school. I do believe this school will grow exactly as promised. One of the many likes is the fact that my child will go to one school until she graduates.

Posted October 1, 2013

Since my son has started attending this school, he comes home with a big smile on his face. What more could a parent want? The curriculum is definitely challenging and the homework is plenty. But the teachers are excellent and that definitely is a big plus. My 5th grader is building lunar rover in his science class which is mostly 'hands on' studying. The school offers 17 different after school clubs including lego robotics!! The school also offers after school and weekend academic help if needed for free!! Oh, and did I mention the school enforces strict uniform policy? The school is more like a big family and the parent involvement is great. The principal is excellent and is involved in everything!! If you are looking for great school and challenging education for your child, this is the place to be. We are so blessed to be a part of this school. Needless to say, this has been the best decision of our lives.

Posted September 30, 2013

Since my daughter been attending this school I haven't had any issues, she comes home every day with good words and how much she enjoys it. Every day she has a story to tell and it's never a dull moment about what she has to talk about. I'm so glad that she is enjoying this new school.

Posted September 30, 2013

My daugther used to attend to a private school since she was 2 years old and for me was a very difficult decision to make, especially at the beggining but I thanks God its just being a few days since she start school and I see a huge academic improvement and motivation on my daughter. In other words, you have to invest money to be part of the best academic school. very happy with the school and more than sasisfy with the school staff.

Posted September 30, 2013

Excellent leadership and involvement of principal. Great encouragement of parental involvement. Willing to hear ideas and make solutions and adaptations. Teachers are willing to adjust curriculum to give students more challenge.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Gardening teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff French
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Speech and language impairments

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:10 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Adem Dokmeci
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Fax number

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Mathematics
  • Science
  • Technology
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Creative writing
Media arts
  • Computer animation

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Art club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom