Greenville, SC

Posted May 27, 2014
My children have been attending this school since Pre-k and this school has fell apart. The front desk staff is very rude and unorganized as well as the teachers staff.

Posted September 26, 2013
My son as attended Blythe academy for the fist time this yea , my experience has been a negative one, for two weeks now the school has made a big deal To all the kid abut field day, a day of fundraising exercise and fun! My so has been very existed an looking forward to it all week. The day of the run as all the kids line up with excitement to begin the the principal and nears abruptly jerk my son out of line and tell us that my son is not current on all of his shots and needs to leave immediately ,with out warning or letting us know there was a problem during the 3 months my Son has been attending not on question about his shots but all the sudden they have an epiphany In the middle of the fun day! So my crying son who is completely up to date with ALL of his shots had to leave!!! The ignorant people at Blythe lost his paper work and all they had to do is ask us to bring prof AGIN! Or call his doctor to see they had made a mistake, so not only are the staff an principal inefficient at there job but also ignorant and rued with no concern for their children!!!!!!! Needless to say this will be his last day at Blythe and I would NOT recommend this school to anyone!!!!!!

Posted June 26, 2013
We have been extremely pleased with Blythe Academy of Languages. where our children participate in the Spanish Immersion program. Blythe was recently selected as the 2012 International Spanish Academy Elementary School of the Year by the Spanish Embassy in Washington, DC in a nationwide competition. A tremendous and well deserved honor. It is truly amazing to see the students learning in a foreign language. Not only do they learn in a foreign language, but they speak it as well. The academics at Blythe are very rigorous and the quality of the teachers and staff are unparalleled - we are very fortunate to have such a school in Greenville!

Posted May 05, 2013
Our school, Blythe Academy, is a creative, diverse, and rigorous learning environment. All three of my children attend Blythe, and the greatest strength is the amazing teachers. Each of my children has been able to excel in their strongest interests and has had support and encouragement in their weaknesses. Their teachers have been approachable in person and by email an phone. Love of reading is a huge emphasis in the classroom and in homework. Teachers us hands-on activities with manipulatives and classroom movement to reinforce concepts. I have had teachers use music, yoga, bubbles, cartoons, Legos and dance to teach through play. The principal is a strong leader. She is present in most classes daily to support the teachers. She makes sure the kids are safe. As a parent, I have had access to her easily through email and in person. She knows my kids by name. The excellent school rating and Palmetto Gold award speak for themselves. Legislators and community activists visit our school to see an example of how a partial immersion school in a downtown neighborhood can be so successful. Middle school teachers tell us how well- prepared our graduates are.

Posted April 25, 2013
I have had one child go through the entire program at Blythe and 2 others that are currently in it and have consistently been impressed with the school's model for partial immersion, the quality of the teachers, communication with parents, and administrative leadership. Over the years that we have attended, the school has strengthened it's community and parental involvement, improved academic standing, and excelled in providing a safe, secure, stimulating and inspiring environment for children to learn. Blythe provides an excellent option for public school choice, as it provides a high quality program in a unique learning environment.

Posted April 25, 2013
Blythe Academy is a wonderful partial immersion language school. This year (2012-13) Blythe received an Excellent Rating Overall on the Annual State Report Card. An Excellent Overall on "Closing the Gap" and an overall Grade of "A". What is incredible about this score is that 80% of the children at Blythe are taught Math, Science and Health in another language (either French or Spanish) and take these standardized tests in English. So not only are they able to do well on the tests but are learning the content in a different language. I have been an involved parent at the school for over 10 years and travel over 30 minutes one way to send my kids to school here. I am grateful to have the opportunity for my children to attend Blythe. Blythe has an incredible group of teachers that represent over 20 countries. The Principal and her staff provide strong leadership and are focused on Academic Achievement for all students. The PTA and SIC offer a great deal of support to the school with many opportunities for parental and community involvement within the school. Most importantly, the children love coming to Blythe and are getting a great education! What more can you ask for?

Posted April 22, 2013
The children are not bilingual when they leave the school. I have had one go all of the way through (K-5 - 5th grade) and she knows the basics of Spanish. The principal is terrible and has no idea of what the program should be. The test scores are mediocre. The Spanish teachers don't know how to teach, they just know Spanish. I am definitely not impressed.

Posted July 09, 2010
For those comments that Blythe immersion is available only to an "elite" few, I strongly disagree. My daughter as well as her friend were both accepted in the immersion program and neither one of us knows anyone at that school. If you have an older sibling, then yes, you are accepted before other students, but that is all magnet schools. Acceptance is based on how well your child scores on her recommendations, parent letter and interview. My daughter has had a wonderful K5 year, with great teachers and students.

Posted May 20, 2010
The fifth grade teachers have really prepared my grandchild for middle school. The challenge program has been amazing for our grandchild. Every teacher she has had since K-5 has built on the previous experiences and I'm very thankful as a grandparent raising a grandchild.

Blythe Academy 0

Posted January 16, 2010
My daughter has been in the Spanish Immersion program at Blythe since K5. Overall I am very satisfied with Blythe. The principal was new when we began so we have no one to compare her to. But I think she is really pulling the staff together to provide a good education for our kids. I have been happy with most of my daughter's teachers, but you will find good and average teachers from year to year in any school. Regardless of my opinion of their teaching abilities, all of her teachers have been very caring and attentive whenever I've brought concerns. All of the staff has been very caring and concerned about the safety of the children. The PTO is very involved and while it sometimes seems like a country club atmosphere, if you take time to get involved you will find it a welcoming environment.

Blythe Academy
100 Blythe Dr, Greenville, SC  29605
Last modified Blythe Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blythe Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top