Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Hollis Academy 5

Posted August 18, 2015
estamos muy agradecidos con la escuela, mi hija ama su escuela y lo especial de sus maestras, nuestra experiecia ha sido muy linda,ella ha progresado grandemente ,todo su personal es muy especial.

Posted October 03, 2011
Hollis is a wonderful Title I school that has many resources such as Afterschool Programs and now Arts and Science Days, complete days just for those subjects! I have taught here for 6 years and have seen many changes from year-around to normal schedule, but we have endured and our kids are performing. We have missed AYP for 2010-2011 but hope to be back on track for 2011-2012. We have a behavior intervention system in place (PBIS) where students are rewarded for doing the right things -- I love this school it gives students lots of attention and the staff cares about their success and well being (we send food home, give them shoes, bookbags, etc.).

Hollis Academy

Posted August 25, 2009
My daughter Mia loves Hollis. The teachers she have had over the past four years were excellent,and I'm sure this one this year will be too.

Posted February 03, 2007
I am a Hollis junkie. I have had the privilege of working alongside the faculty for the last five yrs. The school has changed somewhat over the last two years. We lost some good teachers but still have a cohesive group who work for the students first. Discipline is no more here a problem than any other school with 500+ of young individuals learning about life and what it takes to survive in this world. I have a son that has attended Hollis since K4. He leaves fifth grade this year. I would not have wanted him anywhere else.

Hollis Academy 3

Posted April 28, 2006
I have two children at Hollis and the past years have been wonderful. But it seems that the change in principals has bought about change in the principles of the school. Some of the staff members show a lack of disrespect for parents. Teachers seem to have more flexibility on how children are disciplined and what they are disciplined on. For example K-4 and K-5 students have a teacher and a teacher's aid in their classroom. The teacher may discipline your child for something but then the Aid may 'secretly' tell you that it really wasn't necessary. Even to the point of telling your child that they are lying and that they 'the teacher' doesn't trust them. In years past Hollis was a great school, and while test scores may be improving, interpersonal relationships and the emphasis of a team has dwindled to an almost non-existing state.

Posted September 02, 2005
I think that in the past feww years that my children attened Hollis cared and focused on all of the childrens education. Lately Hollis adminstration is not focused on the children its about the school. I love the yearround program but because I feel that they are not giving quality to all of their students I will be moving my children.They have a lot of support staff just there. If your child is lacking in any skills Hollis is the school but if your child is an above average student you may need to look else where.

Hollis Academy 5

Posted February 23, 2004
I think my child have learn alot since they have came to Hollis. My child is a great read. The teacher keep me up to date what my child is doing in school. Thanks.

Hollis Academy
200 Goodrich St, Greenville, SC  29611
Last modified Hollis Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.