Greenville, SC

Posted October 12, 2014
This is a great school with caring teachers and the best principal in Greenville County!!

Posted September 07, 2014
The "low" rating of a 6 for Greenbrier makes me sad. This will be our 7th year with a student at Greenbrier. Nothing but good things to say about the school. Any issues we've ever had have been immediately addressed by the teachers. The principal is very involved with student life and knows almost all by name. She has done great things to improve the school in her 7 years. Parents have plenty of opportunities for involvement in the school. Teachers welcome the chance to have parental help! Don't base your school choice solely on testing scores. Those results never show the whole picture.

Posted May 25, 2014
I adore this school!!! My daughter has attended Greenbrier since kindergarten. She will complete the 5th grade in a few weeks. I have loved all of her teachers. I am pleased with the administration!! The staff as a whole is extremely friendly!!! I feel blessed to have had such an ideal experience!!!

Posted April 13, 2014
I love everything about this school! Teachers and staff prove to me that I was right in moving my family to this area.

Greenbrier Elementary School 1

Posted February 26, 2014
My son is in second grade. This school is allowing him to be bullied and doing nothing about it. This is NOT the school of kindness. The teachers are there only to draw a paycheck and nothing more. My son has only been at this school this year and it will certainly be his last year here as well.

Posted December 12, 2013
Greenbrier has come a long way from where it was, largely due to the leadership of the current principal (Great Schools needs to update the name listed - it isn't correct and hasn't been for at least 4 years). Most of the teachers are actively engaged with the children and provide caring environments in their classrooms. As with any school, there are outliers, but for the most part, our experience at Greenbrier has been positive and our children have flourished there. The main negative I see is the lack of parent involvement. This is NOT due to the lack of opportunities, but it does reflect the attitude of some in the community - this is a real shame because with some additional parents involvement, this could truly be a great school.

Posted August 19, 2013
Love love love this school! Great teachers, great admin staff, great volunteers, and awesome principal. We have been at Greenbrier for 5 years and our enthusiasm only gets stronger.

Greenbrier Elementary School 1

Posted December 13, 2012
Greenbrier is not focused on every child and their education. The principal does not treat every situation the same and chooses to discipline each student differently based on gender, race, etc. This is a school that believes every student should receive a trophy at the end of the year and be rewarded for being the same as each neighboring student. Greenbrier does not teach individuality and real word situations. Multiple complaints about individual teachers are ignored and students suffer.

Greenbrier Elementary School 4

Posted July 12, 2010
The new principal has definitely turned this school around. The energy is positive and the curriculum is motivating. I find the majority of the teachers well educated and very effective with the children. I would recommend this school to everyone.

Greenbrier Elementary School 4

Posted June 07, 2010
I love the energy the new principal has brought to this school. It is such a positive atmosphere for my daughter. They treat her with respect and love. The school is clean, the staff is friendly. I love the hands on learning projects and especially the community garden the classrooms share.

Greenbrier Elementary School
853 Log Shoals Rd, Greenville, SC  29607
Last modified Greenbrier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenbrier Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top