Posted November 30, 2014
Great school! Transferred to WHHS this year from another Greenville County High School. My student loves the block schedule and is getting very good grades. Coach, faculty is very good so far. High recommend Wade Hampton High School to anyone looking to move into the area.

Posted August 18, 2014
My daughter is a rising Junior at WHHS and has attended since her Freshman year. I am very pleased with this school. I don't understand the May 14, 2014 review from a student as my daughter already has two college credits from taking AP classes/tests which are Nationally standardized. I don't believe she would have passed them if WHHS had "low standards"

Wade Hampton High School 3

Posted May 14, 2014
Well, if you want your child to have a second-rate education, Wade Hampton is the school you should enroll them in. I had the misfortune of transferring to Wade Hampton during my senior year of high school. Luckily, I only had two credits left and was able to finish in January. However, during my short time there, I discovered that most of the students were far behind me in most of their studies. The staff are extremely rude, so if you want to get anything accomplished you may as well go straight to the school board. They boast that their tests scores are high, but the only reason they can make that statement is because of their low standards. Their motto is "cum audacia," meaning "with audacity." Very fitting for the impudent lack of manners I experienced while I attended. Just let your children homeschool themselves.

Posted November 21, 2013
Wade Hampton High School is an excellent school-the teachers and the principal do a great job.

Posted October 06, 2012
My son has only been in the school as a Freshman for two months. He has gone from D's and F's in middle school to A's and B's. I credit to the school for implementing a system where the students only have two core subjects at one time. Being able to focus on just two core subjects at a time will be the difference between my son barely surviving high school to thriving. So far the teachers have been great and the Wrestling coach is awesome! The school is also very clean and seems safe.

Posted June 26, 2012
My daughter received great education at WHHS. Hats off to a great and well rounded staff.! Thank you!

Wade Hampton High School 3

Posted December 08, 2011
To be completely honest, it's not the best. Academics are great and all but it's to much of a challenge. Some teachers are really strict, some really don't care, some leave to much work and some leave none. The building it's self is actually pretty small compared to other schools. Prep central. The buses are late or delayed a lot and students here complain alot. You're not allowed to wear your own lanyard. I think thats a really dumn rule. You can hardly express yourself here without getting introuble. UGH. Anyways, teachers expect allllllot from you. There's a lot of gossip and drama here. Other than all that, it think all the rules and stuff are for ones own good. EOC scores are good to!

Posted August 16, 2011
I see that the latest review on this school is over 3 years old. Lots of things have changed in that time. Whade Hampton has made tremendous academic achievements since Mr. Lance Radford became principal. They have high acedemic achievement and honrs. Mr. Radford was principal of the year for SC 2 years ago. The school wone the prestigious Palmetto's Finest award in 2010. Graduation rates are up as well as school-wide test scores. The school is listed in Newsweek Magazine as one of the best high schools in the nation. Is it perfect? No, No school is but I am very proud to send my son to this fine school and it's caring staff of teachers.

Posted October 04, 2009
They have very high academic standards for their students.

Posted March 20, 2009

Wade Hampton High School
100 Pine Knoll, Greenville, SC  29609
Last modified Wade Hampton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wade Hampton High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top