Bad
Good

I recently moved to this district from Dorchester County, and I could not be more unhappy. The school is dark, there is no decoration whatsoever, save the occasional poster. There are no cameras inside or out. There are some good teachers, however a majority of them are either to strict or they just don't care. Before my mother decided to make me change schools, she asked if the school offered advanced programs for science and social studies. She called the front office twice and asked and received the same answer: yes. However this was not the case. This school needs some great improvement.

I'm not impressed. They do not offer any athletic programs, it is outsourced to the high schools. They offer decent music activities, but.. who is to say you can afford it? What happens to the other part of the student body, if they do not have stellar grades or money for that matter? Where is the extracurricular stimulation that they need? I have not seen any real school spirit. Why should the kids leave this place with a feeling of accomplishment and pride? I'll tell you what this school needs, it needs more money poured into programs to stimulate the kids interest. I'm sure it would help if the parents were more involved. A real nice awards ceremony at the end of each semester would boost school spirit. Take a cue from Boulder Bluff, I'd like to see my child enjoy middle school.

I Love this school. Lots of my friends from 5th grade go there and there is so many great teachers. I think there should be more sports and activities for the 6th graders just not for the 7th and 8th graders.

I really enjoy Westview Middle School! I believe we are taught what we are needed in a fun and educational environment! We have to learn, and this is the best place I have ever been to do so. Parents could be a little more active, but the teachers and students are very active. The whole faculty is really nice and easy to get along with. I really hope that all the students there and ones that go there like it. Although, I do believe we should have a shorter lunch line. When ever we have the remodeling done, we will have a much nicer area, and gym. As for the sports, we do need to get middle school sports. They tell us to exercise, but if we don't make a high school team, most kids do not have anything to practice. Thank you I believe our school can optaion whats asked!

Last modified Westview Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.