Bad
Good

Posted January 21, 2007
I recently moved to this district from Dorchester County, and I could not be more unhappy. The school is dark, there is no decoration whatsoever, save the occasional poster. There are no cameras inside or out. There are some good teachers, however a majority of them are either to strict or they just don't care. Before my mother decided to make me change schools, she asked if the school offered advanced programs for science and social studies. She called the front office twice and asked and received the same answer: yes. However this was not the case. This school needs some great improvement.

Posted January 10, 2007
I'm not impressed. They do not offer any athletic programs, it is outsourced to the high schools. They offer decent music activities, but.. who is to say you can afford it? What happens to the other part of the student body, if they do not have stellar grades or money for that matter? Where is the extracurricular stimulation that they need? I have not seen any real school spirit. Why should the kids leave this place with a feeling of accomplishment and pride? I'll tell you what this school needs, it needs more money poured into programs to stimulate the kids interest. I'm sure it would help if the parents were more involved. A real nice awards ceremony at the end of each semester would boost school spirit. Take a cue from Boulder Bluff, I'd like to see my child enjoy middle school.

Posted November 01, 2006
I Love this school. Lots of my friends from 5th grade go there and there is so many great teachers. I think there should be more sports and activities for the 6th graders just not for the 7th and 8th graders.

Posted October 10, 2006
I really enjoy Westview Middle School! I believe we are taught what we are needed in a fun and educational environment! We have to learn, and this is the best place I have ever been to do so. Parents could be a little more active, but the teachers and students are very active. The whole faculty is really nice and easy to get along with. I really hope that all the students there and ones that go there like it. Although, I do believe we should have a shorter lunch line. When ever we have the remodeling done, we will have a much nicer area, and gym. As for the sports, we do need to get middle school sports. They tell us to exercise, but if we don't make a high school team, most kids do not have anything to practice. Thank you I believe our school can optaion whats asked!

Posted November 07, 2005
I think this school needs better teachers. i went to one school last year in the same district and loved it. we moved and now i hates it. at the other school none of the problems i have now i had before. the teachers do teach the lesson but just in a method i dont think is right. some techers teach their lessons like college professers. i think maybe 10% of parents are involved at the most. the sports activities are all for Stratford highschool. every day my i complain to mother about how much i wishes we didn't move from the old school. i also tells her that they run out of school lunches and you spend 75% of lunch time in line waiting for your food to come. i think this is one of the worst schools i have ever been to. i've never had to complain this much.

Posted July 29, 2005
I would rate this school OK. Music program great, sports, terrible. We have to go to a high school to play most sports. Parent involvement, needs to improve. Never seen the principle, but that will change as I understand. Most teachers caring and teach the children well.

Posted August 04, 2003
My child will begin 6th grade here for the 2003-2004 school year. We live in another Middle school attendance area, however, since the middle school she was assigned to go to scored 'below average', parents are given the option to move their children to a better school. I did just that and moved her to Westview. The other school has been an issue for as long as I can remember. I hate the fact this may cause over crowding in the school she will be attending, but maybe this will spark up some officials to finally do something about the other school and either shut it down or fix the problems that have been there for over 20 years!

Westview Middle School
1410 West Alexander Rd, Greenwood, SC  29646
Last modified Westview Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.