Merrywood Elementary School 1

Posted December 19, 2009
I have a child who attended this school from k5 to 2nd. during this time period the teachers at this school did nothing to help my child excel at learning. The excuse was always brought back that the family should teach the child. Well according to that statement then this is nothing but a daycare for children. When I moved and put my child in another school he was way behind. The current school he attends now he has caught up and has excelled at a phenomenal rate. Glad we moved to an area where the teachers teach.

Posted November 24, 2009
Merrywood is the best school my child has ever been to she loves it and she has tons of friends she talks about how nice it is there and how clean it is.I would recommend kids 6-12 to go to merrywood.

Posted January 20, 2005
I've had 4 children educated at Merrywood. Two are still there now. I think Merrywood is an absolutely wonderful place for a child! Pardon the simplistic analysis but Merrywood is a happy place. It's well-run, with caring teachers and faculty, but to me and all 4 of my children, it's been such a joyful, happy place to spend part of their growing up years. And when my 2 older children got to middle school, it was apparent they were scholastically ahead of children from other schools. I wouldn't trade an education at Merrywood for one anywhere else in Greenwood, public or private. And the principal, Pat Vahjen, is the best and brightest I've ever encountered, period. I very highly recommend Merrywood Elementary.

Posted July 31, 2004
My son has a condition known as ADHD. We have tried several schools and could never find one that could accommodate his needs, or a school where they wouldn't shun his disorder. We enrolled him in Merrywood in 2003 and I have been extremely impressed with Merrywood's competence and enduring patience. I would like to also thank Mrs. Calvert, my son's 2nd grade teacher. She was absolutely wonderful! She was more than willing to go the extra mile with him to make sure he had a productive school year! Merrywood really cares about their students, helping their students, and teaching their students! I would vote Merrywood #1 in Greenwood County without any hesitation!

Merrywood Elementary School 3

Posted May 04, 2004

Merrywood Elementary School
329 Deadfall Rd West, Greenwood, SC  29649
Last modified Merrywood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Merrywood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top