Greer, SC
Students enrolled: 1,159

Posted March 30, 2015
Woodland is truly a GREAT school and we've had an outstanding 4 years here; I'm sorry our elementary school years will come to an end this year! Although the school has a large student body, it is run very efficiently and professionally. Administration and teachers really care about the children and the PTA is excellent. I really like the option of being able to write a "placement letter" which describes the ideal learning environment for your child - I've written a letter (using the guidelines provided on school's website) and my child has been placed with a great teacher who is a good fit for him each year. THANKS Woodland for 4 GREAT years :)

Woodland Elementary School 4

Posted January 23, 2015
This is my child's first year at Woodland Elementary school he has special needs the staff is very friendly and really seem to care about my child's education.

Posted November 18, 2014
I love this school I just moved away, but I would be back their in a heartbeat!Not only the teachers are great the kids are SUPER nice. The teachers I would recommend are Mrs.Chaffee, Mr.Moser, Mrs. Scudder, and Mrs. Wells. I felt good because their were safety patrols.Their are a majority of clubs such as chorus, art, drum, safety patrol, and more! If you move to this area Woodland is the choice.

Posted November 15, 2014
Great school. My child has had a good experience here. Had to change schools for him midterm because of a move. They welcomed him and made the transition easy for Him. From the admin staff to the teachers. Great people.

Posted October 26, 2011
The parents who have smart children who never have any problems are always the ones who are so happy with the school. The parents whos children have learning problems are the ones who are treated so unprofessionally from the teachers here. They advertise that they promote a parent-teacher relationship and want feedback but when that feedback is negative you are then labeled a problem parent. I find it unacceptable and unprofessional for the principal to support her teachers when parents come in with factual emails and work examples that show the teacher is anything but professional. It is also ridiculous when rules are established and the teacher is the one who breaks the rule/punishment consequences. I am very disappointed with the teachers I have met thus far. They show little common sense to the issues many children face and their method of trying to correct the problem is through punishment which is proven in studies to be ineffective. Eventually they will have a parent who will force the issue and report it to the appropriate authorities. If my daughter isnt treated appropriately in the future, I will be that parent.
3 people found this helpful

Posted May 03, 2011
my son was a 5th grader there . his teacher was Mrs jolliff she is as rude as they come . she told a new student not to befriend my son that he was no good , not know that my son and that new student were already friends and have been for the past 3 yrs . she makes great class assignments too she had the class make a list of the students who was the best and the worst . I to went to Mrs Jackson and was all ready for a meeting with the teacher and Mrs Jackson and the meeting was canceled and never done .soonce again jolliff walked away free . they had a valentines day party and a student was told he was not to join if his hw was not done and turned in well he did all his hw but one paper the prin. told him that was fine . well not to the teacher she threw out his bag of candy rt in front of him . she wants the kids to respect her she needs to respect them also . if she don't like a kid she will not like that kid all year she made the year so hard for my son .it was a very hard year for me and my son . the best is I got a call saying that I no longer lived at my motherinlaws and had to remove my kids from the school 20 days left and my kids are stillnot in schoolthank you woodland
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 03, 2011
Just wanted to say, "I love Woodland". When I first enrolled my children I was concered about the school being too large. The school lay out turned out to be simple. My children adjusted qiuckly. All the staff have been very helpful,

Posted October 13, 2010
part II "In these 2 years my child has been going to ..." This year, my child has been "lost" twice, per teacher and principal the child is mostly at fault. The teacher does not answer my emails. When she does, she does not address me on the emails, is short, cold and rude. The last email she wrote to me was mostly on CAPITAL LETTERS!!! I forwarded this email to the Principal. I'm still waiting on an appology from the teacher. I'm not holding my breath though. The principal did try to address with me my emailing volume. I guess a parent may not "annoy" the teacher. Do not expect to be treated with respect either. The parent-principal-teacher meeting of yesterday ... was moved to the day before yesterday. Of course, I was not notified. Again, they felt no appologies was needed ... until I called the board of education.

Posted May 03, 2010
Creative involved staff creating an exciting experience for their students.

Woodland Elementary School 2

Posted April 06, 2010
As a big supporter of public schools, I'm very disappointed to say that we have been unhappy at Woodland Elementary. Though our early years there were very good, the last few teachers we have had have been very weak. My student has seen teachers act with prejudice toward some students and daily witnesses unprofessional behavior. I would rate our K-2 experience five stars, but beginning with third grade, it went down hill quickly.

Woodland Elementary School
1730 Gibb Shoals Rd, Greer, SC  29650
Last modified Woodland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top